Gotta love the AMA's Brilliance - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 03-11-2006, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to kawiman88
Gotta love the AMA's Brilliance

Since when does a pace car come out in front of someone in 4th place?
Yea, as most of you who watched the race know, the commentators and audience were all thinkin---WTF are you doing now AMA?

Am I remebering previous yellows correctly?
Doesn't the pace car come out in front of #1 and then everyone catches back up?
Or at least the leader slows down along with everyone behind him to accomplish the same thing.

Should be interesting to see how the AMA fixes this...or doesnt.

Read up on it here<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 03-12-2006, 07:15 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Yea, talk about a MAJOR f'up. The passenger in the pace car should have waved the other riders around until they pick up Zemke in 1st. But, for whatever reason, they didn't.

How about Duhammel getting up after his high side and getting back on his bike and finishing 4th???? I don't really like him, but that right there has got to be the most amazing thing I have seen. His helmet visor was busted and he had no screen either. He just jumped up, got his bike started and kept going. Awesome.

Was it just me or did the AMA seems to have it's head up its ass for the races this weekend? The superbike race was postponed for 15 minutes cause of oil on the track after the rider went down on the warm up lap. Does anyone know if the oil caused him to go down? Then the screw up with the pace car...The AMA had better get its act together...SOON.

If you're not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!
post #3 of 27 Old 03-12-2006, 10:18 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

After watching that debacle, I now have no question in my mind that the AMA is run by total f**ktards. The reason the passenger in the pace car didn't wave the riders by as they were supposed to is that (get this) there was no passenger in the pace car! Ron Barrick (of the AMA) stated that they were short-handed. What a tool. Maybe they were short-handed 'cause everyone has recently quit or been fired.

Duhamel could have caught the front runners if he hadn't been almost a full lap down after the pace car incident. For that matter, so could have EBoz. Both of them are rightfully very pissed off. Supposedly, EBoz's team has protested the race results.

And furthermore, now there are rumours that the Buells aren't even running production engine cases. They've apparently interpreted the rules allowing unlimited modifications to allow melting-down the original cases and using the same metal to create new cases. As posted on Soup, at least they're using the same atoms. Maybe.

And word is that Kevin Erion will protest the Buells, just to get clarification on what the rules actually are at this point.

I am beyond happy that none of those crappy bikes even managed to finish the race. Talk about poetic justice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 03-12-2006, 10:32 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

post #5 of 27 Old 03-12-2006, 10:34 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I was soo lokking forward this season too. Now, I guess I will pay more attention to SBK, as that series looks like its going to be a real neck and neck race for the championchip.....

post #6 of 27 Old 03-12-2006, 10:39 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

WSBK will be the closest racing this year. MotoGP will probably be another race for 2nd, as will AMA Superbike.
post #7 of 27 Old 03-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Look at what's recently happened to the people running ama racing.Honda pulls out of the board,the top people resign,no title sponsor for superbike going into daytona and yamaha doesn't field a factory superbike effort!Not to MENTION THE CONFUSING LABELS ON CLASSES THAT ONLY SOME MANUFACTURERS CHOOSE TO RUN IN mostly due to the rules being skewed in their favor.and the honda pro oil's superstock? or supersport? sponsored class where they don't even field a factory team! I say merge ama with bsb and now we have some racing-with depth in the field!Oh and I can remember that formula extreme used to be a run what ya brung class in wera and it was awesome and scary.
post #8 of 27 Old 03-12-2006, 12:04 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
After watching that debacle, I now have no question in my mind that the AMA is run by total f**ktards. The reason the passenger in the pace car didn't wave the riders by as they were supposed to is that (get this) there was no passenger in the pace car! Ron Barrick (of the AMA) stated that they were short-handed. What a tool. Maybe they were short-handed 'cause everyone has recently quit or been fired.

Duhamel could have caught the front runners if he hadn't been almost a full lap down after the pace car incident. For that matter, so could have EBoz. Both of them are rightfully very pissed off. Supposedly, EBoz's team has protested the race results.

And furthermore, now there are rumours that the Buells aren't even running production engine cases. They've apparently interpreted the rules allowing unlimited modifications to allow melting-down the original cases and using the same metal to create new cases. As posted on Soup, at least they're using the same atoms. Maybe.

And word is that Kevin Erion will protest the Buells, just to get clarification on what the rules actually are at this point.

I am beyond happy that none of those crappy bikes even managed to finish the race. Talk about poetic justice!

It's not like other series don't have screw-ups, but the AMA shows time and time again that even simple stuff is beyond their abilities.
post #9 of 27 Old 03-12-2006, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Mach Man,
I'm pretty sure the oil was on the track before that guy went down, because it went past the 2nd turn in the chicane.
post #10 of 27 Old 03-12-2006, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

OK, Ready for thier excuse now?

Yea, too bad we all saw exactly where he went on TV...LIVE TV you dumbasses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in