got smoked. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 07-14-2012, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
Jah
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Jah Send a message via MSN to Jah Send a message via Yahoo to Jah
got smoked.

by an 07 gixxer 1000

it made me look like i was doing reverse.

there is a strip of back road that goes past my house.
we went out there on our way to a biker bar. not far at all. maybe a mile or two.

we were in 3rd or so and i cranked it.

within a second, dude pulled from behind and shot past me and i was not going to catch up. happened twice. on the way there and on the way back.

this is the bike/dude
https://zx-10r.net/gallery/displayima...?imageid=10401

this is his turbo busa

here is a video of me racing a fox body for reference.

Last edited by Jah; 07-15-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 07-14-2012, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Jah
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Jah Send a message via MSN to Jah Send a message via Yahoo to Jah
so i do have a question. i came over to bikes from cars. and one thing i dont want to do and am not ready for right now is to crack open a block.so...

is there such a thing and ecu tuning??? and no, i do not mean power commanders...thats not tuning...thats a piggy back that works off ONE set of injectors(except for the new one and even thats only for some bikes.)

i would like to have my ecu tuned. why is it so hard to find out this info???

post #3 of 25 Old 07-14-2012, 02:09 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Because you don't use the "search" button on here. All kinds of Info on here about tuning.
The piggy back computers like Bazazz and Dyno Jet's PC3/PCV ARE true tuning devices for bikes. You can load base maps or take it to a dyno facility/tuner and have a custom tune done which, just like on a car, is WAY better than using a base map.
The DynoJet PC3 and PCV also have ignition modules that also connect to the bikes' ECU and allows even further tweaking of the entire bikes' timing tables across the RPM range . This makes a profound improvement. Stay away from Atre's type of timing eliminators. They don't increase horsepower as they do NOT affect WOT timing, only partial throttle timing.
You CAN send the ECU from bike out to get flashed, or if you live close to a shop that does it, can have your bike's ECU itself dyno tuned flashed which is ideal. Just like the piggy back style computers. Custom dyno tuning is where it is at for PEAK power and ridability.
What Gen/year 10R you have again? Because ONLY the 2011+ sees a major increase in power having the ECU flashed man. All other years of the 10R are not "restricted" . The 04-2010 10R will NOT gain 15-20whp with a reflah of the ECU like the 2011+ models. This is a FACT.
Go into the Performance and Tech section on this site and start reading and using the "search" button for more questions and info. I gave you the basics. Good luck with your horsepower quest.
A 30 - 40 shot of nitrous is safe for 04-2010 bikes(not sure about the 2011+ yet personally) REALLY woke my 07 bike up. And PROPERLY dyno tuned by a COMPETENT and EXPERIENCED nitrous tuner did wonders for my 07 I just sold. Completely stock motor and clutch. A MPS Spider 30 shot dry nitrous kit and NOS progressive controller along with PC3+multi-hub. Just a header back exhaust, race air filter, some electronics and a custom tune got me 31whp extra to the wheel reliably and safely.
Research, research, research..read, read, read and you will get all your answers.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen

Last edited by neverendingmods; 07-14-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 07-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

And my entire nitrous kit, all electronics and tuning(non nitrous map and a nitrous map) cost me less than $1500.

If you were racing from a roll and were in 3rd gear you would need to be going about 130mph to be in the proper RPMs with close to stock sprockets/gearing.
From a roll/moving and going say 50mph with a -1 front sprocket and stock rear sprocket you should be in first gear at that speed of 50 mph.
I am 99% certain that you lost so badly because you were in too high of a gear when you began to race. He was likely in second gear, or maybe even in 1st which is where anybody who knows how to race these bikes would be at.
Your 07 10R with stock sprockets on it will do 101mph in first gear. So why would you be in 3rd gear racing while already moving?

REMOVE YOUR DETAILS OF WHERE YOU WERE RACING in your post man. There are quite a few cops who are members on here. Though most are really cool kats, you just posted videos of youself breaking the law, multiple times, and WHERE you are doing it. Right down to " driving directions" dude. I mean c'on man, wake up!!!

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen

Last edited by neverendingmods; 07-14-2012 at 02:27 AM.
post #5 of 25 Old 07-14-2012, 04:39 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverendingmods View Post
Because you don't use the "search" button on here. All kinds of Info on here about tuning.
The piggy back computers like Bazazz and Dyno Jet's PC3/PCV ARE true tuning devices for bikes. You can load base maps or take it to a dyno facility/tuner and have a custom tune done which, just like on a car, is WAY better than using a base map.
The DynoJet PC3 and PCV also have ignition modules that also connect to the bikes' ECU and allows even further tweaking of the entire bikes' timing tables across the RPM range . This makes a profound improvement. Stay away from Atre's type of timing eliminators. They don't increase horsepower as they do NOT affect WOT timing, only partial throttle timing.
You CAN send the ECU from bike out to get flashed, or if you live close to a shop that does it, can have your bike's ECU itself dyno tuned flashed which is ideal. Just like the piggy back style computers. Custom dyno tuning is where it is at for PEAK power and ridability.
What Gen/year 10R you have again? Because ONLY the 2011+ sees a major increase in power having the ECU flashed man. All other years of the 10R are not "restricted" . The 04-2010 10R will NOT gain 15-20whp with a reflah of the ECU like the 2011+ models. This is a FACT.
Go into the Performance and Tech section on this site and start reading and using the "search" button for more questions and info. I gave you the basics. Good luck with your horsepower quest.
A 30 - 40 shot of nitrous is safe for 04-2010 bikes(not sure about the 2011+ yet personally) REALLY woke my 07 bike up. And PROPERLY dyno tuned by a COMPETENT and EXPERIENCED nitrous tuner did wonders for my 07 I just sold. Completely stock motor and clutch. A MPS Spider 30 shot dry nitrous kit and NOS progressive controller along with PC3+multi-hub. Just a header back exhaust, race air filter, some electronics and a custom tune got me 31whp extra to the wheel reliably and safely.
Research, research, research..read, read, read and you will get all your answers.

Quote:
And my entire nitrous kit, all electronics and tuning(non nitrous map and a nitrous map) cost me less than $1500.

If you were racing from a roll and were in 3rd gear you would need to be going about 130mph to be in the proper RPMs with close to stock sprockets/gearing.
From a roll/moving and going say 50mph with a -1 front sprocket and stock rear sprocket you should be in first gear at that speed of 50 mph.
I am 99% certain that you lost so badly because you were in too high of a gear when you began to race. He was likely in second gear, or maybe even in 1st which is where anybody who knows how to race these bikes would be at.
Your 07 10R with stock sprockets on it will do 101mph in first gear. So why would you be in 3rd gear racing while already moving?

REMOVE YOUR DETAILS OF WHERE YOU WERE RACING in your post man. There are quite a few cops who are members on here. Though most are really cool kats, you just posted videos of youself breaking the law, multiple times, and WHERE you are doing it. Right down to " driving directions" dude. I mean c'on man, wake up!!!
and

Definently should not be 3rd unless you have some serious gearing going on. If I were to run someone, on stock gearing, Id be in 1st up to 90mph. You need to be up around 9k if you wanna run someone like that. And his bike being stretched can get crack WOT really easily.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #6 of 25 Old 07-14-2012, 05:50 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post

and

Definently should not be 3rd unless you have some serious gearing going on. If I were to run someone, on stock gearing, Id be in 1st up to 90mph. You need to be up around 9k if you wanna run someone like that. And his bike being stretched can get crack WOT really easily.
Absolutely. Even -1/+2 gearing and stock wheel base I would be in first gear at 50-60 mph and crack the throttle hard and just lean on that tank hard. I would be around 6k rpms maybe 6500. Just low enough to not flip over but high enough in the revs to pull hard and not have to wait for the bike to start really screaming and pulling. Can't remeber for certain what RPM I would be at with -1/+2 gearing in 1st gear at 50mph. May have been higher than 6500rpm. Can't remember. I DO remember how badly stock sprockets sucked for trying to race with. Especially roll on racing from lower speeds below 60 mph. Stock gearing needs 1st gear and 7k rpm easliy to pull away hard and that means 70+ mph in first gear. Screw stock sprockets,lol.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen

Last edited by neverendingmods; 07-14-2012 at 05:54 AM.
post #7 of 25 Old 07-14-2012, 05:56 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah View Post
so i do have a question. i came over to bikes from cars. and one thing i dont want to do and am not ready for right now is to crack open a block.so...

is there such a thing and ecu tuning??? and no, i do not mean power commanders...thats not tuning...thats a piggy back that works off ONE set of injectors(except for the new one and even thats only for some bikes.)

i would like to have my ecu tuned. why is it so hard to find out this info???
Oh, your 07 has one set of injectors, not two. That began in 08 on the 10R.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #8 of 25 Old 07-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Oh, your 07 has one set of injectors, not two. That began in 08 on the 10R.
and even in the later years, you can control all injectors. Think it takes the Secondary Fuel Module, but still very easy to do.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #9 of 25 Old 07-14-2012, 03:02 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

If your bike is not geared chances are you'll lose every time unless your doing mile long races... I didn't realize until recently how god awful these bikes come geared from the factory.

post #10 of 25 Old 07-14-2012, 03:32 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

go -2+2 you will never lose!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in