Good Ole 10R hung with a Busa today........... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-04-2004, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to RUNNINHORN Send a message via Yahoo to RUNNINHORN
Good Ole 10R hung with a Busa today...........

Well, ventured into Southwestern Oklahoma today to ride some different twisties, met up with another forum member who rides a busa, and we hit the state park in his area. I must say, it was quite nice out there, mountainous terrain, nice lake, and nice new paved road with some good twisties, and then at the end of the road was a good 8 mile stretch that we could open it up. Was a straight line for 8 miles, couple of dips and that was it. We rode the road once to ensure no one was out there, though it was middle of no where, then once we made sure it was clear, we did a few high speed runs, some from a roll, some from a stop, and then we switched bikes and did a few runs on the other guy's bike. I must say, I am VERY impressed with the 10R, as the Hayabusa I ran was cammed and had slipons and it couldnt pull my 10R until 160ish, and then it crept. A few tiems I got a great launch and he couldnt pull me till the said 160ish speed, and at that point, it was so windy (had a 20 mph crosswind) that I didnt push it anymore as it just was too hard fighting the wind and was getting worse the faster I went.

The best part was when he got off my bike and the grin on his face was ear to ear, that picture was priceless and made the 10R worth every penny. He couldnt quit talking about its acceleration and power, said it blew away the R1 he rode last weekend, and said he couldnt believe his Busa couldnt pull the 10R below the 160-165mph level.

I will say though, that was the first time I rode on a Hayabusa and can say higher speeds are much easier to achieve on that bike versus our 10R, tucking was much easier, it broke alot more wind, and accelerating at 160+ was much easier........would love to try and top it out on a day when I had a tailwind or no crosswind.......all in all it was a great day, great experience, and will definately ride there again, as i had no idea Southwestern Oklahoma had such nice twisties and mountains :D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-05-2004, 01:00 AM

Posting Frequency

Sounds awesome, I have put a few guys on Busa's to shame. Its all about the rider, the machines are so close that is the deciding factor.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-05-2004, 02:35 AM
TAZ
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to TAZ Send a message via Yahoo to TAZ
moved--racing
________
LovelyWendie99

Last edited by TAZ; 04-11-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-05-2004, 04:08 AM

Posting Frequency

Well I got to run my bike against my friends busa today and I beat him. His bike is even built and it isn't that he can't ride either. I'm really impressed with the quikness of the bike. I also made some passbys while my friends watched, I was going somewhere in the high 160's and was in 5th gear and not redlining. The bike is awsome although I'm still not used to the power in first gear, just can't bring the bike up when I want to in first gear, but I'll get there.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-05-2004, 09:08 AM
D

Posting Frequency

I found out yesterday the 176 indicated equals 164 on GPS - I was a lil disappointed but the day was good.
post #6 of 11 Old 07-05-2004, 12:19 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngballer
Well I got to run my bike against my friends busa today and I beat him. His bike is even built and it isn't that he can't ride either. I'm really impressed with the quikness of the bike. I also made some passbys while my friends watched, I was going somewhere in the high 160's and was in 5th gear and not redlining. The bike is awsome although I'm still not used to the power in first gear, just can't bring the bike up when I want to in first gear, but I'll get there.
Baller,

Is it broken-in yet? I noticed a big difference once mine was broken-in and I changed the oil to synthetic. Front comes up easy as pie. A friend of mine pointed out that since I weigh 200lbs, my center of gravity is high, and thus it wheelies more. I believe that. Yesterday, I was leaving a light and at 5K the front came up really fast with no clutch and no bounce. Later in the day, I started practicing clutching-up some wheelies in first and second. It comes up soooo easy that I just need to adjust my diaper and get used to it before I do mile-long wheelies. But it seems ridiculously easy. I have a new 16t sprocket, and now I am considering whether I want to put it on or not because it will wheelie all the time. weee!

Racing a busa is like a dragster racing a F1 car. Completely different bikes. Still, I love hearing about 10s beating busas.

2004 ZX-10R black (sold)
2008 CBR1000RR
2011 ZX-10R ABS Black
#51 NESBA, TPM, Absolute

post #7 of 11 Old 07-05-2004, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to RUNNINHORN Send a message via Yahoo to RUNNINHORN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLove
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngballer
easy that I just need to adjust my diaper :

umm, you wear a diaper?

post #8 of 11 Old 07-05-2004, 01:14 PM
D

Posting Frequency

I really wanted to race a stock Busa yesterday - it didn't show up :?

Obviously didn't feel the need to race the nitroused big bore or turbo Busas that were in attendance :roll:
post #9 of 11 Old 07-05-2004, 10:03 PM

Posting Frequency

Definitly do not hesitate to put the 16t on, I put mine on about a weeka ago and I love it. Not as much of a diffrence that you are probably excpecting. Can bring the front up whenever I want, and under hard acceleration it isnt bad the front will start to float up, but all you have to do is keep your weight forward or shift to second, trust me you will love it.
post #10 of 11 Old 07-06-2004, 02:22 AM

Posting Frequency

Re: Good Ole 10R hung with a Busa today...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNINHORN
Well, ventured into Southwestern Oklahoma today to ride some different twisties, met up with another forum member who rides a busa, and we hit the state park in his area. I must say, it was quite nice out there, mountainous terrain, nice lake, and nice new paved road with some good twisties, and then at the end of the road was a good 8 mile stretch that we could open it up. Was a straight line for 8 miles, couple of dips and that was it. We rode the road once to ensure no one was out there, though it was middle of no where, then once we made sure it was clear, we did a few high speed runs, some from a roll, some from a stop, and then we switched bikes and did a few runs on the other guy's bike. I must say, I am VERY impressed with the 10R, as the Hayabusa I ran was cammed and had slipons and it couldnt pull my 10R until 160ish, and then it crept. A few tiems I got a great launch and he couldnt pull me till the said 160ish speed, and at that point, it was so windy (had a 20 mph crosswind) that I didnt push it anymore as it just was too hard fighting the wind and was getting worse the faster I went.

The best part was when he got off my bike and the grin on his face was ear to ear, that picture was priceless and made the 10R worth every penny. He couldnt quit talking about its acceleration and power, said it blew away the R1 he rode last weekend, and said he couldnt believe his Busa couldnt pull the 10R below the 160-165mph level.

I will say though, that was the first time I rode on a Hayabusa and can say higher speeds are much easier to achieve on that bike versus our 10R, tucking was much easier, it broke alot more wind, and accelerating at 160+ was much easier........would love to try and top it out on a day when I had a tailwind or no crosswind.......all in all it was a great day, great experience, and will definately ride there again, as i had no idea Southwestern Oklahoma had such nice twisties and mountains :D
You were in the game reserve by my house. Those are about the only nice roads around here as far as twisties and such. We run them at night - just have to keep an eye out for Buffalo. Did you get a chance to ride to the top of Mount Scott? It's really nice up there. The road up is very fun also, one constant turn three laps around the mountain.

Sorry I couldn't make it out to meet up with you I was too trashed sat and sun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in