Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Go Dornasaki in Qatar!!!!!!

908 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Vio 
#1 · (Edited)
I just finished watching the Qatar Free Practice and Melandri was impressive on what amounts to a warmed over '08 Kawasaki GP bike. Then I looked over the 2nd free practice times and Marco improved even further. It's a pity Kawi decided to pull out of a full factory effort for 2009 because it looks like Marco is really gelling with the Kawi and put some big names behind him in the free practice. Hopefully he'll improve even more in the Qualifying session. Come on Kawi, let's get some $$$ filtering down to R&D and support him on a bid for a podium finish this year. :helmet: If not, he'll have no where to go but at the back of the pack. I guess we can no longer call it the "West" end of the field as good ol' Anthony is now in SBK Supersport.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Apr/090411a.htm

#2 ·
Marco does seem to be getting along well with the ZXRR, practice times are looking good but the real test will be the race. I'm surprised to see Nicky sitting so far down in the field. Pedrosa is riding injured and putting in better times, doesn't look good for Nicky.......

#4 ·
yeah would be great to see Kawi on the podium for the first race.. Nicky is way back there must not have the right set up or something?? or not showing all his cards yet I see Spies does the same thing during practice and then superpole comes and he kicks ass?? but hope to see that race sunday night at 10PM EST. does anyone know if that race is live or no??

#5 ·
Anyone have a clip of Hayden's crash? From what i am hearing it was a bad one and he had to be transported to the hospital to get checked out

#6 ·
If i remember correctly, the race is happening at 11 PM Qatar time, so we won't get to watch it live. I believe Speed has decided we would rather watch a Bull Run marathon :p

#9 ·
I live in Arizona and Speed will show it at 7pm...

racer155

#8 ·
nicky had mechanical problems and had to switch to his #2 bike in the first practice and he said the clutch was holding him back quite a bit. i didnt hear anything about his crash. Marco has some talent if he is on the right machine, the front end of this years revised zxrr is supposed to feel way better. Like was said earlier the real test will be during the race

#11 ·
here in Florida (eastern time) it is on Speed at 10PM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.