friend died in M/C pursui Please - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-10-2015, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

friend died in M/C pursui Please

My friend died in Jan of 09 at that time and at the present time our state has no active "No Pusuit" Law I am actively searching for states that have this statewide law. I have found some documents that suggest Texas. Florida. Wisconsin. And California have such laws but I need more than just saying they do I need a strong website stating they do as I am meeting with my states government officials to work toward such a law being instituted here. My friend was not breaking the law according to dash cam evidence however the cop stated something else other than video cams proof- also in the news articles online from ALL Different stations the police state it started on the interstate rather than the hWy - dash cam again shows different than what they say. I have done nearly 7 years of research and it has taken me that long to get in to the Attorney Generals office and now the Governors office- now these are small things I've mentioned other than not rendering any aid for over 29 minutes and not knowing time of death because no one was around him- the trooper stated he was going 100MPH at Impact but I do not see this as being feasible and I need some help from someone here to confirm my theory that theirs is a lie- if he were going 100MPH is is possible for him to have had 185.6 feet of skid and still have been going that fast? It doesn't appear from his video that he was going that fast..... Not at all that day he was riding a 2008 Kawasaki model 14 black and green in color at the time of the accident- I am just needing real answers from someone who rode and knew the bike for as long as he rode which was from a very young age- thanks so much

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Sorry to hear about your friend. So what exactly happened? Can you give us more? Cop claimed he was going 100 Mph and then when an officer pursued him he crashed? Did he refuse to stop when the officer was behind him?

Was the officer stopped when your friend passed or were they moving and were passed by your friend?
post #3 of 7 Old 11-10-2015, 06:48 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Sorry to hear about your friend. That's tragic. And good for you for pursuing it this far in his name and trying to get the laws changed!

That said, most non pursuit policies are in place to protect innocent bystanders from getting caught up in the pursuit. If your friend was deliberately running from the cops, and the cops broke off the pursuit, your friend would likely still be running. So not sure that law would change anything for him. Why was he running? Why didn't he just pull over?

And if he was riding a ZX-14 that bike can go from a stop to over 180mph in about a mile. If he locked up the rear brake at those speeds, it would likely skid for that distance. Or if he dumped it and slid that far, the distance would be even longer.

I can't comment on the other specifics or get into anything else on it. Good luck with your efforts!

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Sorry about your friend ...

It is entirely possible to leave 185 ft of skid mark and still be going over 100 mph. Obviously it is very dependent on the initial speed, which obviously we have no information about. A very skilled rider on good pavement and with practice can stop from 60 mph in about 120 feet; doubling that speed to 120 mph (which that bike will easily do) quadruples the distance to 480 feet. At the same deceleration, from 120 mph to 100 mph takes almost 150 feet ... If the braking is less than perfect, which is practically inevitable, all these distances increase.

You may have difficulty finding written "no pursuit" policies because, if they existed, some people would be sure to exploit their existence. Plenty of police departments have UNofficial UNwritten "no pursuit" policies.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #5 of 7 Old 11-11-2015, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

The officer was parked Southbound in a church parking lot in his "witness" statement And "memorandum " statement he states he was patrolling Eastbound when in fact dashboard cam shows he was sitting Southbound in a church parking lot and his westbound vision was completely obstructed from
Seeing my friend he states he visualized him driving wreck less on back wheel but dashboard video proves different my friend is coming to stop since officer southbound light had just turned the westbound light had just turned hence why he was decelerating his speed to stop officer then turns westbound towards my friend he doesn't even get past him before turning around and starting pursuit my friend THEN proceeds to flea (we have a mutual friend who said he was fearful the police were trying to "get him" for unofficial reasons if you catch my drift and when the got his wallet they described the contents one being a county task force card and the other what to do in case of motorcycle wreck card) he paid the ultimate consequence for his fleeing but according to the contradicting statements from trooper and even a city agency said the pursuit was not feasible by the MDR - 2 of the witness claimed trooper too aggressive AND too close like 5-10 feet too close ) there are too many unawares urstion to why- bc he was not breaking the law according to dash cam- a witness also stated that he guessed he was going around 75 MPH when he hit- this is far deeper than doped more like cat and mouse but TOD is not known due to no one being with him when he passed they pronounced him dead 29 minutes from start of pursuit which last maybe 2 1/2 minutes- med flight was even called and a special agent didn't "believe" it was due to M/C accident so it didn't get dispTched through for another five minutes not to mention no aid was rendered and in the state I live the AG office said if I can prove which I can by dispatch audio and 2 different dash cams that is considered Neglagent homicide- but then again this is more to me of not having any other mother - child- sibling- spouse- friend have to go through what we have suffered YES he broke the law after being pursued for NO REASON but that's not justifiable - I wish I could upload the video but I don't know how...
post #6 of 7 Old 11-11-2015, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend. That's tragic. And good for you for pursuing it this far in his name and trying to get the laws changed!

That said, most non pursuit policies are in place to protect innocent bystanders from getting caught up in the pursuit. If your friend was deliberately running from the cops, and the cops broke off the pursuit, your friend would likely still be running. So not sure that law would change anything for him. Why was he running? Why didn't he just pull over?

And if he was riding a ZX-14 that bike can go from a stop to over 180mph in about a mile. If he locked up the rear brake at those speeds, it would likely skid for that distance. Or if he dumped it and slid that far, the distance would be even longer.

I can't comment on the other specifics or get into anything else on it. Good luck with your efforts!

I posted the answer in the original thread...
post #7 of 7 Old 11-11-2015, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconis123 View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend. So what exactly happened? Can you give us more? Cop claimed he was going 100 Mph and then when an officer pursued him he crashed? Did he refuse to stop when the officer was behind him?

Was the officer stopped when your friend passed or were they moving and were passed by your friend?
I don't know how to really operate on this site so I posted more in the original thread....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in