Fontana 5/26/06 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-17-2006, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Fontana 5/26/06

I wanted to sign-up for level 2 but it is completely full. They still have spots in level 1 and level 3. I rode fontana for the first time a few weeks ago in level one and was consistently running low 150's with the track school riders on the track and passing restrictions set for that level. I figured level two would be perfect for the next time out there but since its filled I'm unsure to sign-up again for level one or go up to level three where i noticed times where more consistently in the 140's for that level. I'm sure i would be faster because i was held up most laps by the restricted passing rules and slower riders. The last time i was at fontana was only my third time on my 7R track bike and i feel like i get more comfortable with it each time. The week after fontana i was at willow again in the level one group consistently in the 140-142 range and would have bumped up to level two but i was riding with a couple of friends and wanted to stay in the same group with them.....so i wanted a little feedback at to what i should do....cheers...scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Hold your line and you will be fine- hey that rhymes! See you at the grid for level three, Pongo!

WSMC #644
post #3 of 4 Old 05-17-2006, 09:59 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I ride level 3 there, I would wait till you run 145 or lower to bump up....Thats what I did!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-18-2006, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaTooM
I ride level 3 there, I would wait till you run 145 or lower to bump up....Thats what I did!
yeah i think you're right...even though i think i could probably run in the high 140's i more then likely will have to push myself while still being a little slow for the level....i would probably spend more time trying to make sure that i'm not blocking someone else and end up screwing my own lines up...better to do level one again and work on technique or better yet i'll probably skip this one and just sign up with my friends for level two on Jul 29th which is on a saturday and actually works out better for my schedule....plus we are going on vacation in June taking the RV up through Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, etc and considering the fact that this was the vacation that we where a week from going on last year and had to miss when i had my accident on palomar mountain (1 month in the hospital & 4 months at home on the couch) my wife would prefer i not do anymore track days until we get back...lol.... ...not sure if she is worried about me or just doesn't want to miss another vacation..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in