Erik Buell Racing ( new company new thread ) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 12-05-2009, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Erik Buell Racing ( new company new thread )

At Asphalt and rubber .com they announced Erik Buell Racing( the new company) is going to sell a 1190RR For racing in WSB Erik Buell does have a set of balls you have to give him that lol). Its a worked version of the 1125R putting out 185hp at the rear wheel. Hes using his own american engineering team for bike delevelopment( lets see if the USA still has the right stuff anymore ) Fairy good number out of the crate and Buells are the best handing bike. So we shal see what happens . Good luck in any case .

For all the pepole who grabbed up the 5000$ 1125R and XB12R Buells for cheap track day bikes . Erik Buell racing (company)is selling race parts . Its always nice to deal with someone who knows your bike .
The 1125R has alot of potencial to be serious contender .

And even XB12R Firebolt with a set of 643 cams will give the GSXR squids fits through the tight infields on a track due to better handling .

In both cases you COULDNT GO WRONG AT 5000$. Have fun next season winter is getiing on my nerves already lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 12-05-2009, 08:20 AM
^^No Bike Bum^^

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to cbolton69
id love to see an American made bike be competitive.....

05 ZX-10R (stolen Dec. 3, 2010)
04 ZX-10R (SOLD)

"Violence may not be the best option...... But it's still an option"

"It's Better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

"Those afraid of pain will never know glory"
post #3 of 34 Old 12-05-2009, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Bolt With 250 million people in this country WHY we have to outsource engineering projects Baffles me?. My guess is product liability .( lawyer ambulance chasing ) .
It cant to save money . It cost MORE money to have Porshe come over hear to design the V-rod motor than to do it in house . Thats an obvious given .

Product liability soserns also hurts a companyies relability image .
American auto/motocycle/machinery manufactures recall things at the drop of the hat in fear of lawsuits .
The same issue say in in a Toyota you never hear of because it such a little item making the car LOOK like it wa built better .

Example ... I had my Buell XB12R recalled to move the brake line strap ( a tinyline strap on fork size of a dime ) slid over 1/2 inch. Because a kid took Buell to court and said his line didnt have enough clearance. Therefore it effected his hanling and he crashed going around a corner . ( complete bullshit) The forein companies that manufacture here arnt under the same rules as REAL american compnies so they dont have to worry about it .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 12-05-2009, 09:12 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ducatibrandon
Yes I would like to see Buell do well but really the bike is not even close to a 1198. Add to it the time Ducati and Aprilia have in racing (WSBK) it will be hard to win. If they are racing in a SS class then maybe but again I don't know the rules in that class as far as what they can do to the bikes., BTW are you in Germany?

Last edited by ducatibrandon; 12-05-2009 at 04:57 PM.
post #5 of 34 Old 12-05-2009, 12:59 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

That's hilarious. I think buell needs to open some doors or turn on the vent in the shop.

post #6 of 34 Old 12-05-2009, 01:00 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by phastone View Post
that's hilarious. I think buell needs to open some doors or turn on the vent in the shop.

“Ride like you are invisible.”
post #7 of 34 Old 12-05-2009, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Phas you are the most negitive person on this site ? whats with the attitude with Erik Buell ? Its an uphill battle thats for sure but why knock thee guy for trying ? Yes thye wonthe champinship and even if the rules where in Buells favor its not like he was in a back room paying off judges himself . That would be Harleys doing . As you can see with Harley pushing there own dealer ( Bruce Rossmeyer ) to forfit last years championship so Harely isnt emarrased even more for shutting Buell down( has anyone ever heard of a Harley dealership sponsoring a Suzuki ?) . I agree thr DMG is the worse thing thats happened to american roadracing but dont kill the messanger .
post #8 of 34 Old 12-05-2009, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Ducatibrandon . Yes its very unlikely he can compete with the established manufactures . The 1125 is a good starting platform for racing but they Just started . It will take way more money than he has to bring it up to speed . the 185 out of the crate is about all hes going to get out of the bike right now .
post #9 of 34 Old 12-05-2009, 05:03 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ducatibrandon
That last Buell that is on the site is pretty cool. If Ducati and some of the others are getting 220hp then I'm sure Buell can find a way. The thing with Buell though is that they are/were sold in Harley dealers here and to go even look at one to buy you have to listen to a Harley sales guy tell you such a line of crap that it really turns you off. That is just one reason why most sport bike riders don't like them AND the fact they want Harley prices for them when they are based on a 60 year old design with 60 hp.
post #10 of 34 Old 12-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ajrocket
If Buell isnt Harley anymore can the dump the V twin We need an I4 american bike.

2005 Titanium ZX10R and 2000 Green ZX6R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in