Dragged knee for first time and total AIR - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 06-05-2006, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Dragged knee for first time and total AIR

I'll make this short cause its 2:00 A.M and I am tired Went ridin today with three buddies on a good set of twisty roads I had never been on real country shit you know what I mean no houses for like 20 miles or I should say like 20 miles between houses but anyway we had a nice pace goin about 110-170 on average with our clubs road captain settin the pace his name is Dan Tibbs he has done some test riding for Buell in the past few years just a really good rider course he is in his late forties so that doesnt hurt... Dan usually does 2 trackdays a month so I felt a little worried with him settin the pace but I kept up pretty good... about an hour into the ride we start hittin some serious twisties i mean lie 15 mile an hour switchbacks an stuff like that so I back off the pace then I am like FUCK IT grow some balls if Dan can do it you can do it so I just start goin balls to the walls and after about 2 curves I start draggin peg and I am like oh shit so I start puttin my knee out and I start draggin knee well let me tell you that was the coolest shit I have done in a while... I did not have full leathers on cause they dont make them to fit guys that weigh 320 pounds but I was wearing some custom "chaps" I had made with pucks at the knee I call them chaps cause I dont know what else to call them but needless to say they are sufficiently broken in LMAO... Now for the air about 3 hours after the knee draggin we are goin along on a curvy road but not a real twisty one you get it... like long slopey curves with a lot of drop off hills the ones that make your stomach drop... I go over this one hill at like 160 tryin to catch dan and the guys (I stopped to piss) and I catch what felt like 3 feet of air I mean whole bike completely off the ground ( prolly really only like 6 inches of air) but still cool...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 06-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Congrats on the knee draggin but remember to be careful!!!

04 Green ZX-10R, Evo II Header, Evo Canister, PCIIIUSB, BMC Race Filter, Vortex adj. Rearsets, Scorpio Alarm, Scotts Damper, Ivan's TRE, Ivan PCIII USB Map, Ivan's Kleen Block-Offs, Clear Alternatives Flush Mounts, Puig Double Bubble, Mirror Blocks, Sho-gun sliders, 1/5 throttle, Hot bodies fender eliminator, Goodridge SS lines, pazzo shorties and exhuast hanger.
post #3 of 18 Old 06-05-2006, 07:13 AM

Posting Frequency

Sounds like fun, we have a few roads around here similiar to what you are talking about, but we also have these things called State Troopers that are worse than hitting a dear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 06-05-2006, 12:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to lavudyar
Glad you had fun, save the future knee dragging for the track big guy! Oh yeah - buy some punctuation keys for that keyboard stud!

Ray D
Never pet a burning dog.
post #5 of 18 Old 06-05-2006, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

LMAO i was half asleep when I wrote that post. Sorry about the puntcuation. I am not real worried about staties either I am a city cop and I know all the staties around here.
post #6 of 18 Old 06-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Mo
...Went ridin today with three buddies on a good set of twisty roads I had never been on... we had a nice pace goin about 110-170 on average...I start draggin peg and I am like oh shit...I did not have full leathers on... I go over this one hill at like 160 tryin to catch dan and the guys...cool...
:headshake

WSMC #644
post #7 of 18 Old 06-06-2006, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Forgot to mention for the safety police... I was wearing my Icon mainframe Helmet Icon Retro Daytona Jacket Icon Gloves and good leather boots and my custom made leather protective pants so DONT FLAME ME!!!!!!!!!!! We also scout most of the road in 20 mile increments to make sure road is clear of debris (especially gravel) We started doin this about a month ago when one of our newer members totaled his bike when he hit some gravel at about 75-90 in a curve luckily he was wearin protective gear... But I think it is a good idea to scout your roads for those of us out there that dont have the luxury of trackdays all the time
post #8 of 18 Old 06-06-2006, 04:45 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

well it sounds like you had a blast.....i remember the first time i dragged a knee.......scared the sh*t out of me but it was exciting so i know how you feel....just be careful because it gets addictive and you start "trying" to drag a knee on every curve which will lead to trouble especially on public roads.....the safety factor of a track vs a road is not just debris but also enough room to either ride out a mistake or at least crash without hitting a guardrail, tree, cliff, oncoming car, etc........but what i'm trying to picture is the 10 going air with a 300+lb rider aboard...lol....
post #9 of 18 Old 06-06-2006, 07:30 AM

Posting Frequency

Man. . .I need a cop buddy around here to ride with. That'd rock fo'sho!
post #10 of 18 Old 06-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
I love draggin a knee as much as anybody f'sho...

but as a safety nazi...

Some chaps aint gonna help when you hit that tree on the side of the road.

Receipe for wreck:

bike thats too fast.

riding it faster that I can.

Trying to keep up with folks that are faster than me.

ETC.

Oh yeah....you only need one ingrediant!

COngrats on the knee draggin! Just becarful!

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in