Down with DMG - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 Old 05-22-2008, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Down with DMG

It looks like DMG is trying to be the Hitler of superbike racing. Read Steve Rapps interview on superbikeplanet and other statments from riders. I would like to start a revolution against this NASCRAP asshole trying to come in here and ruin the last form or real racing. I think we should flood their in boxes with nasty e-mails that let them know we don't want restricter plate racing. If racing goes that way you the improvents made to our streetbikes will at best slow down from manufacturers and worse even. anyone with me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah that is a bunch of bull, the only good thing coming from this is an endless supply of money for advertising. I believe the AMA is still the sanctioning body and rule maker, at least until they change it to a F*@*&$G CIRCLE!!!!!! And advertise Enzyte and other things that will make you hard for days instead of actual motorcycle products. So I wonder if the new superbike class is going to be v-8 small blocks or what?? I agree we should send some emails not that its gonna help.

2004 ZX10r Black with Carbon Termignoni slip on and more mods to come
2005 Suzuki Boulavard (to many mods to list) Sold
2005 Kawasaki ZZR600 Sold
2001 Suz9ki DRZ400s to SuMo conversion Raced with the OSB (Oklahoma Super Bikers) #120 Sponsored by Quiznos of Yukon and Advanced Signs of Edmond Sold:headshake
post #3 of 66 Old 05-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/May/080520x9.htm

This is kind of interesting....

Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 Old 05-22-2008, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

A lot of people think this is good to bring in more spectators, but I feel thats the worst thing that could happen. Moto ST in AMA? looks like he's trying to get some harley dollars. this is definatly NASBIKE in the making. ZX-10r.NET will go into the history books and liter bikes will be long gone, why ? because they can't stand the fact that a 49 state emmissions legal motorcycle on 92 octane can kick a full blown nascars butt and they don't want that to happen. everyone knows you have to be a god to drive a Nascar and we won't have a 13,000 dollar bike on the road that will make us look bad. I don't agree alot with Mladin but I applaud him for standing up to them and he has my support and E-mails to go along with it. Man I feel better now.
post #5 of 66 Old 05-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

I just read that and I believe it's gonna be really bad for bike racing here. I think change is good thing if it's in the right direction, but change for the sake of it is bad. 600's as a premier class? Come on. Well, there's always WSBK and MotoGP.

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #6 of 66 Old 05-23-2008, 12:01 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well, as they said in another thread, contact your local promotor, since they are the ones who will have to support and/or promote the racing...

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/May/080521i.htm

Every mail will help.

I'm in New Zealand and I think it's all a joke. NO WAY you can have anything but 1000's as the superbike catagory.

And the theory of 600's being safer, yeah right. Put 600's on slicks and better suspension, the corner speeds go up, it's the same thing that happened in MotoGP when they went 1000 to 800...

Roger is smoking his socks.... To Quote...

Edmondson sent out a progress report to all four of the OEMs, but had not received a response from one of them. After saying it wasn't Honda, he declined to say who the OEM is that did not return the questionnaire.

"I think there comes a point in time when you have to figure people aren't interested and you just have to move along. I have done everything that I know to appear and be realistically cooperative. But I am not going to negotiate with myself and I'm not going to waste time with people who have no interest in what we are doing. I've got enough interested people that I need to spend time with trying to make this happen."

HELLO!!! Maybe it's because your idea SUCKS!!!

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely."

Last edited by Nutter34; 05-23-2008 at 12:05 AM.
post #7 of 66 Old 05-23-2008, 12:04 AM

Posting Frequency

Hmm...
post #8 of 66 Old 05-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

I think the guy has a good head on his shoulders and knows that 1000cc class is a mess and change is needed. I like this comment below:

How will the hard-core racing fan be converted in this new era of US racing?

"I think that we'll win them over with good competition and the fact that they'll come out here to a good facility and not know who is going to win until the checkered flag comes out. I think that's important. Is it possible that if we changed everything today that Mladin and Spies would win every race? Of course it is. They are two of the best riders in the world, let alone the US. But we won't know until we do this."

"I think that when you look at these fellows like Barry Bonds who have all these home runs but have an asterisks, we don't have asterisks here but maybe if we factored in special equipment and special tires we might. So if we take away some of those special things we'll find out how special the humans are. I don't know that the results won't be the same. But I'd like to know."
post #9 of 66 Old 05-23-2008, 03:06 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

There aren't many people who would dispute that Ben and Mat make the racing boring. Is it plausible though, to remove litre bikes as the main class, just because of it?

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely."
post #10 of 66 Old 05-23-2008, 03:19 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutter34 View Post
There aren't many people who would dispute that Ben and Mat make the racing boring. Is it plausible though, to remove litre bikes as the main class, just because of it?
I think Suzuki caused this problem, they got caught cheating with Traction Control and have other goodies, but what did the OLD sanctioning body do...take away points you say?....no they made it Legal and made other TEAMS catch up to them. No this 1k class IMO needs a new Sheriff in town and now they hate the fact it's here.....I want to see change.

Last edited by bluedevil; 05-23-2008 at 03:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in