Double Rant...contains tiny spoiler - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-19-2012, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Double Rant...contains tiny spoiler

Maybe I'm just easily irritated but does it bother anybody else that the announcer can't fucking pronounce Lorenzo's name properly? The guy has a fucking lisp and he's the announcer for motogp! Wtf i swear I legit cringe everytime I hear him try to talk about him. Lol sorry I am not trying to be a dick towards people with a speech impediment but cmon if you have one, you shouldn't be an announcer, no?!?!

My next comment is how about that bump pass Casey stoner pulled?! He would have flipped a shit if someone did that to him! He doesn't put a hand up to apologize either. And apparently no one had anything to say on the subject!?! Wtf is up with that???

Lol OK end rant! Comments anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrain87 View Post
Maybe I'm just easily irritated but does it bother anybody else that the announcer can't fucking pronounce Lorenzo's name properly? The guy has a fucking lisp and he's the announcer for motogp! Wtf i swear I legit cringe everytime I hear him try to talk about him. Lol sorry I am not trying to be a dick towards people with a speech impediment but cmon if you have one, you shouldn't be an announcer, no?!?!

My next comment is how about that bump pass Casey stoner pulled?! He would have flipped a shit if someone did that to him! He doesn't put a hand up to apologize either. And apparently no one had anything to say on the subject!?! Wtf is up with that???

Lol OK end rant! Comments anyone?

Properly? http://www.studyspanish.com/pronunciation/letter_z.htm

Yes it does sound a little strange.....
I believe you're referring to Greg Creamer, the guy with the supposed speech impediment.
A guess could be since Speed and MotoGP are involved globally, I doubt Greg wants to sound like an uneducated idiot to the global audience......as compared to the redneck morons commentating on NASCRAP.

Last edited by gixr2zixr; 07-19-2012 at 10:16 AM.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixr2zixr View Post
Properly? http://www.studyspanish.com/pronunciation/letter_z.htm

Yes it does sound a bit strange...
I believe you're referring to Greg Creamer? A guess could be since Speed and MotoGP are involved globally, I doubt Greg wants to sound like an uneducated idiot to the global audience or be associated to the typical redneck morons commenting on NASCRAP.
OK I guess I owe an apology! But it just sounds so strange to the ear! Although I have to say I have Spanish friends of mine that follow andthey also said it's incorrect but they are Dominican not from spain so maybe dialect is different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrain87 View Post
OK I guess I owe an apology! But it just sounds so strange to the ear! Although I have to say I have Spanish friends of mine that follow andthey also said it's incorrect but they are Dominican not from spain so maybe dialect is different.

maybe they should take a course in proper Spanish....
it's all good...we learn something new everyday.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-19-2012, 10:33 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I could swear the other announcer who sounds like a brit pronounces it with a Z - i really like that guy, calls races well. Cant stand Lorenzo though. And yea that bump was more of a divebomb and id have had a little talk with Casey afterwards.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

They only are concerned with cal crutchlow at the moment. It was all toseland a few years ago. They were gushing for crutchlow in qualifying going on and on about his times, then spies bested his time, and they just casually mention it , adding in a deadpan voice "well he is riding for his job you know". Like all these guys aren't. Stoner is an amazing talent, but man is he a whiny little bitch. Like in germany when he runs knee deep in the gravel but decides to blame the marshalls on his result for not helping him get pushed off, up hill, wtf. I really like lorenzo though, seems a good guy and doesn't let anything bother him. I can see why some don't, he's cocky, but no one was cockier than rossi and everyone loved him. Lorenzo is good enough to be as cocky as he wants.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

who is Lorenzo? I thought we were talking about Lorentho.....

even the Brits mess it up....
post #8 of 9 Old 07-19-2012, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx View Post
I could swear the other announcer who sounds like a brit pronounces it with a Z - i really like that guy, calls races well. Cant stand Lorenzo though. And yea that bump was more of a divebomb and id have had a little talk with Casey afterwards.
haha yeah he does and it just flows. Fuck what's proper! Lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden41 View Post
They only are concerned with cal crutchlow at the moment. It was all toseland a few years ago. They were gushing for crutchlow in qualifying going on and on about his times, then spies bested his time, and they just casually mention it , adding in a deadpan voice "well he is riding for his job you know". Like all these guys aren't. Stoner is an amazing talent, but man is he a whiny little bitch. Like in germany when he runs knee deep in the gravel but decides to blame the marshalls on his result for not helping him get pushed off, up hill, wtf. I really like lorenzo though, seems a good guy and doesn't let anything bother him. I can see why some don't, he's cocky, but no one was cockier than rossi and everyone loved him. Lorenzo is good enough to be as cocky as he wants.
I have to agree here lorenZo is a pleasure to watc. Just silky smoothe! Cocky yes, but i don't mind that if when they loose they arent blaming other people or just plain whinning (stoner ). I mean stoner is amazing as well no denying that but seriously bro stfu and race!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixr2zixr View Post
who is Lorenzo? I thought we were talking about Lorentho.....

even the Brits mess it up....
Hahaha you're beginning to bother me! Jk
post #9 of 9 Old 07-20-2012, 12:32 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I like Pedrosa cause he strikes me as being like Lorenzo w/out the cockyness. But that cobra/snake charmer move Lorenzo did while standing on his bike in victory lane was bad as hell. Hope Spies and Hayden can pick it up a little here soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in