Does Tech3 have it? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Does Tech3 have it?

After watching the race at Qatar Im wondering if the Tech 3 Yamaha team has the equipment to run with the factory Yami's, Ducati and Honda? Im not ready to slate Spies as the king of road racing yet but I cant help but wonder how good he really is? "IF" he is that good, does he have the machine he needs at Tech3? For that matter Colin is no slouch, Im not sure we wouldnt see him on the podium more if he were in a different saddle. I guess what Im asking is does the Tech3 team have (equipment not riders) what it takes to wrestle a championship from the grips of the factories?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to billshut2003
Unfortunately after watching the race I dont think they are there yet but damn close. If Spies or Edwards ahd a factory bike or factory money he would have been 3 or 4. But 5 is very good for a rookie. His biggest challenge will be familiarization with the tracks. Some of the other guys having been riding those tracks 10 + years. But the bike is good but down on power. Handling and brake wise they are very close. I am personnaly pulling for them
post #3 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 08:41 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

What most riders tend to say and what makes sense to me is that yes the factory support bikes are indeed very close to what the factory bikes are. For sure rossi, lorenzo, etc is gonna get the new parts first. But if they test well, the other riders will get them soon afterward. You can see that is the case with all the manufacturers too. DePuniet was fast as or faster than the factory hondas in some sessions. From a manufacturers point of view, why would you "hold out" on your satellite teams when at the end of the day, you want your brand on the top. Yamaha would much rather have 4 riders with a legit chance of winning rather than 1 or 2. At that level of racing and the amount of $$$ involved they don't half-ass do anything.

As far as edwards doing better on a full factory bike, he is actually having better results on the tech 3 than when he was rossi's teamate on the factory m1s. So who knows?

Speaking of spies, how bad is suzuki kicking themselves (and rightly so) for not hiring him last year? "Nah we'll just keep capirossi, he is very fast sometimes in qualifying and he may make his 'one or two win a year' return to form this year." Gotta admit it worked out well for spies though. BTW or10r, if you want to see just how good spies is, just keep watchin him, he's bound to raise some eyebrows this year. A 5th in his first race is pretty impressive. I'm very hopeful for all the American racers judging by what I've seen in this race and preseason testing.

Last edited by hayden41; 04-13-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Yep. Going to be a good year of watching MotoGP. Will be good to see Spies and Hayden on the podium a few times, hopefully.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #5 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 03:43 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to spikespiegel Send a message via Yahoo to spikespiegel
Spies is very impressive, i think he can get a few podiums this year at the pace he is progressing!
post #6 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 04:00 PM
SPLAT!!!

Posting Frequency

Spies is for sure raising brows, like expected, but i am confident in saying spies will be on some podiums for sure with the T3 bike. Even if the bike isnt quite there, he has the skills no doubt, to get that bike movin. Gonna be a great year in GP!!!!!!!!

post #7 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 06:59 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to tasos
Exact same parts ? NO. Factory bikes are always abit ahead of others.
Spies is good and he has proved it but he needs a factory team to shine.
So politics come in. If Yamaha does not ditch Lorenzo (why would they?)
the most possible teams are Honda and then Ducati. Of course salary is of great significance so we'll see...
post #8 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 11:00 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

At the first race, the Factory and Satellite bikes will be the closest in performance then they will be all year, reason is that new parts will come in and go to the factory bikes first. I actually thought Spies would be a little further up because of that. Also keep in mind that the Yamaha engines (it appears) have been designed for durability a little more so then the others. Thats why they had a bit of a disadvantage. Rossis bike was the slowest top speed out of the ENTIRE field and still won.
post #9 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 03:41 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Great race, Dovi's bike was on steroids lol! The T3 bikes may podium but only if Stoner or Rossi crash out lol, they don't have quite the speed the factory bikes do.

Sean

08 10R Pearl Wildfire Orange

Akra slip on W/Link Pipe, Ohlins R&T Forks, Ohlins 46PRXLS, Attack Rearsets, Guhl ECU Reflash, Ivan's Block Offs, Pazzo Levers, Goodridge Carbo Brake Lines, Vesrah RJL Pads, Riflemans 1/5 Throttle Insert, R & G Sliders & Engine Guards, Puig Z Screen, Puig Hugger, Evotech 1/4 turn gas cap

post #10 of 12 Old 04-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniner View Post
At the first race, the Factory and Satellite bikes will be the closest in performance then they will be all year, reason is that new parts will come in and go to the factory bikes first. I actually thought Spies would be a little further up because of that. Also keep in mind that the Yamaha engines (it appears) have been designed for durability a little more so then the others. Thats why they had a bit of a disadvantage. Rossis bike was the slowest top speed out of the ENTIRE field and still won.
and even more a satellite team is going to remain very close to what the factory guys are using, but the updates come slower and later for a satellite team in motogp. Just goes to show how good ben is, this next racetrack is new to him, so hopefully he can quickly figure out what kind of animal shape the track is and have another great race, ill send him a keychain

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in