Does ANYONE WANT 800CC MOTOGP BIKES? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-29-2009, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Does ANYONE WANT 800CC MOTOGP BIKES?

I know it seems like this thread is redundant . But Im Puzzled why the Grand prix commition hasnt changed the series back to 990cc by now . I have yet to hear of anyone in favor of the 800cc bikes . ( including the factories ) The tagging on of the production based engines semms to be the snag . Why not just pass 2 bills . Officially pass the decree to go to 1000cc . THEN go back to discussing the addition of production based engines later . Its not like a production engine can win anyway .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-29-2009, 08:31 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Not sure how much the 800 GP bikes are making but some of the WSBK engines are putting out over 220HP, and top speeds and lap times on some of the shared tracks are actually closer than you think. Ben Spies was actually real close to his times at Valencia when he wildcarded the M1 last race. I am assuming the 1000CC bikes will have a good torque advantage as well, so not so sure they will be as slow as you might think, now the big question is who is going to run them?

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #3 of 7 Old 11-29-2009, 08:52 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ducatibrandon
Yes I want one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

yea, if your handing them out ill take one too.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #5 of 7 Old 11-29-2009, 10:05 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The reason for going to 800cc bikes was simply. Dorna is a Spanish ran company that wants to see Spanish champions, such as Pedrosa. The smaller motor, higher corner speed 250 style riding is what Spaniards are best at. They just made the series suit them because they want a Spanish champion.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-29-2009, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

wise asses lolol .I mean who preferes the 800cc bikes over the 1000ccc machines . addding 1000cc production based engines to MotoGP would end the WSB VS MotoGP horsepower discrepency figures .

9R to 10R ... Both WSB and MotoGP have been fudging the horsepower figures of the bikes from day one . One One hand WSB doesnt want to look like MototGP series weakling little brother so they pump thier figures UP. And face it ALot of people WANT to beleive thier beloved sportbike in the garage with the cool sounding pipe. Has the potencial to run with the big boys . MotoGP on the other hand IS and always have been the horsepoer kings . They have nothing to prove as far as that goes . They are more interested in keeping secrets from the competitors. The teams in MotoGP SANDBAG not wanting to show thier cards. Claiming lower Horsepower figures then they actually produce .... personally I will be routing for the underdogs with th producton engines as usuall. lol.... Could you see them merge the best qualities from both series !!!

Jakes perfect series MotoGP : 1000cc prototype engines And production engines
Run WSB format type 2 legs in a day =60? mile legs

Moto2 : Identical 600cc sealed boxed engines .
Chassis anything you want just has to have
2 wheels in line
Run 2 60 mile legs

Supersport: 1000cc and 600cc bone stock no twin vs 4 cyl
handycapping. Run 2 60 mile legs .

TRACTION CONTROL IS HOW BIG YOUR BALLS ARE
1 TIRE BRAND EACH CLASS
BRAKES = BEST YOU CAN GET
FUEL=BEST YOU CAN GET UNLESS EXPLOSIVE
(NO HYDROGEN OR SOMETHING UNSTABLE ECT)

BRING RACING BACK TO THE RIDERS ABILITY
LET THE BEST MAN WIN !!
post #7 of 7 Old 11-29-2009, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Patrick very observive you are correct . I told my rider ( hes 150lbs ) who wants to race as career. That the 1000cc rule would help him . the 800cc corner speeds are SO high now 130lbs seems to be the optimum weight and you have to find a 130lb man thats exceptionally strong for his weight. OR TALL and 130lbs to give leverage like prize fighters who hit hard at low weights if they are tall and lanky . This cuts the POOL size down if you where looking for riders..... Rosssi is slick pushing for 1000cc. He fits into BOTH catigories AND is the youngest rider out on the grid with big bike experiance .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in