CSS: California Superbike School ??? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 04-02-2011, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider
 
Ninja187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: on the podium
Posts: 1,140
Posting Frequency
Images: 5
     
CSS: California Superbike School ???

Can anyone comment on there experience with Keith Codes school? I'm looking to stop pretending like I am a good rider a really become one.

If you could post your level of experience, what class you took, and how you feel about the whole school I would love to hear it.

GEN 4: Brembo HP calipers, Brembo HP T-Drive Rotors, Brembo RCS master cylinder, Fren Tubo SS lines, re-valved Ohlins damper, Ohlins TTX shock, Yoshimura case covers/frame sliders, Yoshimura 3/4 R77D Ti exhaust, BMC filter, Puig DB, Renthal Clip ons/sprockets, attack rearsets, Guhl flash, kawi kit throttle, Ballistic EVO2 8 cell, Annitori RL quick shifter, Dunlop rubber.
Ninja187 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 43 Old 04-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Chairman of the Board
 
or10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 15,987
Posting Frequency
Images: 17
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja187 View Post
Can anyone comment on there experience with Keith Codes school? I'm looking to stop pretending like I am a good rider a really become one.

If you could post your level of experience, what class you took, and how you feel about the whole school I would love to hear it.
Thanks for starting this. Im looking at doing the 2 day school at Barber in June. Im curious to see if anyone has done a school with them before.

or10r is offline  
post #3 of 43 Old 04-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Champion Rider
 
jasonmark1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 317
Posting Frequency
 
Interested as well.
jasonmark1993 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 43 Old 04-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Gone Ridin'
 
twidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,705
Posting Frequency
   
Send a message via AIM to twidget Send a message via MSN to twidget Send a message via Yahoo to twidget
Been twice (me and my son). Worth every penny. No matter how much you think you know (and I thought I knew a lot) you will learn a lot. I went after riding 15+ years, my son after 15 months. I knew he would get a lot out of it, was more surprised at how much I did. They have some very nice special equipment (the lean bike, the slide bike, etc.) which really makes it nice.

edit: did the 2-day class the first time then just back for additional levels the next. The 2-day class is better as you get a better rider to coach ratio (2-1 as opposed to 4 or 5 to 1).

: Twidget

Last edited by twidget; 04-02-2011 at 08:00 PM.
twidget is offline  
post #5 of 43 Old 04-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Chairman of the Board
 
or10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 15,987
Posting Frequency
Images: 17
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twidget View Post
Been twice (me and my son). Worth every penny. No matter how much you think you know (and I thought I knew a lot) you will learn a lot. I went after riding 15+ years, my son after 15 months. I knew he would get a lot out of it, was more surprised at how much I did. They have some very nice special equipment (the lean bike, the slide bike, etc.) which really makes it nice.

edit: did the 2-day class the first time then just back for additional levels the next. The 2-day class is better as you get a better rider to coach ratio (2-1 as opposed to 4 or 5 to 1).
Thanks twidget. I think Im gonna go ahead and book for the first part of June and do the two day school. They have the new BMW's so that might be kinda cool to get some seat time on.

or10r is offline  
post #6 of 43 Old 04-03-2011, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider
 
Ninja187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: on the podium
Posts: 1,140
Posting Frequency
Images: 5
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by twidget View Post
Been twice (me and my son). Worth every penny. No matter how much you think you know (and I thought I knew a lot) you will learn a lot. I went after riding 15+ years, my son after 15 months. I knew he would get a lot out of it, was more surprised at how much I did. They have some very nice special equipment (the lean bike, the slide bike, etc.) which really makes it nice.

edit: did the 2-day class the first time then just back for additional levels the next. The 2-day class is better as you get a better rider to coach ratio (2-1 as opposed to 4 or 5 to 1).
Thanks! I wince at the cost cause thats close to 10 trackdays for me, but i know in the long run it will be worth it. Going to sign up for a 2 day at VIR if available this year.

GEN 4: Brembo HP calipers, Brembo HP T-Drive Rotors, Brembo RCS master cylinder, Fren Tubo SS lines, re-valved Ohlins damper, Ohlins TTX shock, Yoshimura case covers/frame sliders, Yoshimura 3/4 R77D Ti exhaust, BMC filter, Puig DB, Renthal Clip ons/sprockets, attack rearsets, Guhl flash, kawi kit throttle, Ballistic EVO2 8 cell, Annitori RL quick shifter, Dunlop rubber.
Ninja187 is offline  
post #7 of 43 Old 04-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Champion Rider
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 457
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja187 View Post
Thanks! I wince at the cost cause thats close to 10 trackdays for me, but i know in the long run it will be worth it. Going to sign up for a 2 day at VIR if available this year.
There are other schools that are much more cost competitive, primarily because they don`t carry the equipment and maintenance costs, but also because they are trying to compete on price, rather than value (perceived or otherwise). Chris Peris is one that comes to mind (and a homeboy, of sorts - i.e. from very near where I am), but there are others.

You have to ask yourself - do you want to learn from someone who`s taught many champions over the years and broken ground on many topics, or do you want to learn from a champion who`s actually been there, done that and can give you the t-shirt. It`s not an easy choice, IMO, especially given the price difference.
c3hp0 is offline  
post #8 of 43 Old 04-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Squid
 
Cyemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28
Posting Frequency
 
I took the 2 day California Superbike School fall 2010....

By far the best thing I've ever done on a motorcycle.

Took it in Vegas. Was a bday present from wonderful wife.

I've been riding 30 years. In the first day they corrected a bad body position habit I didn't even know I had on the lean bike, and I had 2 "aha!!" moments that changed my riding considerably.

Not to mention a huge amount of on track time (one of my fellow students couldn't complete the two days - his legs were too sore) and one on one with your very own instructor.

They provide the gear, the bike (s1000rr!), the food. All the instructors are excellent and professionalism is high.

Really can't say enough. The 2 day weekend combines levels 1 and 2, initial outlay's a bit pricey but extremely worth it. If you can do it, do it.
Cyemm is offline  
post #9 of 43 Old 04-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Chairman of the Board
 
or10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 15,987
Posting Frequency
Images: 17
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyemm View Post
By far the best thing I've ever done on a motorcycle.

Took it in Vegas. Was a bday present from wonderful wife.

I've been riding 30 years. In the first day they corrected a bad body position habit I didn't even know I had on the lean bike, and I had 2 "aha!!" moments that changed my riding considerably.

Not to mention a huge amount of on track time (one of my fellow students couldn't complete the two days - his legs were too sore) and one on one with your very own instructor.

They provide the gear, the bike (s1000rr!), the food. All the instructors are excellent and professionalism is high.

Really can't say enough. The 2 day weekend combines levels 1 and 2, initial outlay's a bit pricey but extremely worth it. If you can do it, do it.
Thanks for that review!

or10r is offline  
post #10 of 43 Old 04-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Champion Rider
 
jasonmark1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 317
Posting Frequency
 
Holy smokes that is expensive. Never looked at their site.

So under the two day camp it lists a price only under "your bike". Did you guys take your own or what?

What about the all levels course---whats the major difference? Is that only a four hour day or something?
jasonmark1993 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pic from California Superbike School Grease The Out House 21 04-14-2008 12:59 PM
California Superbike School in the UK Stalker Race and Stunt 3 08-08-2006 09:49 AM
California Superbike School lavudyar Race and Stunt 0 04-10-2006 09:27 PM
California Superbike School - Level II Older Guy The Out House 12 04-05-2006 02:25 AM
California Superbike School Older Guy The ZX-10R 16 04-03-2005 08:09 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome