CMRA MSR Race (first of the season) Report... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 Old 03-27-2006, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Red face CMRA MSR Race (first of the season) Report...

Well I can definatly say after this w/e that I rode hard...WOW...I AM SOAR!

Race #1 (Best race of the day....)

First, for those of yall who dont know...before the race Im a nervous wreck...I cant sit, stand, eat...I'm a mess...well the first two laps of the race my tounge went numb...what is that?

on to the race...

Started out on about the 3rd row or so...had a good start. Went into T1 in about ~5 or so...made my way up to 4 quickly...

after about 2 laps or so of trailing 3rd place, made my move on the brakes for the pass...with the race leader still in sight. The first two laps of the race, I was running my best times of the day and ever...but I didnt' feel like I was pushing it.

Im not sure what the times for the day were, cause they haven't posted them...

So Im trying to get around 1st, and I got bombing into t1, (big bend for those who know...) no joke about 10mph faster than first position...I dont know if he forgot to get on the gas or what??? So as I was fixing to rear end him...I decided it better to run wide...as I did this I was running out of track quickly, as I passed the leader...

I knew I would have to get on the gas hard to stay in front since he has such a better position to get a good drive onto the straight...So of course, I hammer down...

oops....there goes the rear...

I hang on for dear life as she tries to toss me like shes done several times before...but somehow I manage to stay on with my death grip...as shes buckin and shakin still trying to pitch me...

As Im trying to still get on the gas, I watch 1 person pass me...then another...DOH! Back into 3rd place...

So I was running 1:23s laps...that lap was a 1:27...

after that, and after crashing last week...I just didn't have the will to push the bike any more...and I couldn't reel the two ahead of me back in...I got close, but couldn't pull off a pass...

So (they haven't posted the results yet..) I think I got 3rd in that race.

Honestly, I should just stop there...I had 2 more races...but theyre not even worth metioning IMHO.

The next race I was still scarred of bining it I went slow as molasses in winter, was far back in the grid....and didn't get a good start...I MAY have finished top 10...who cares...I think I was runnin 1:26's that race...

I was goin faster than that in my test in tune 2 weeks ago on CRAP tires...:headshake

My last race was aiight...I was upset for bein so slow in my second I decided to turn up the heat a bit...but my tires were beginning to come off pretty bad...btw, I did learn how to slide the 10 pretty good this w/e...a few turns I was spinnin it up had the bars all the way to lock...

basically I made my way up to 4th place...chasin 3rd...

I didnt' want to go too hard and make a mistake...so I pulled some rossi moves outta my hillbilly sac...

I kept showin him a tire on the brakes...pretending to try and stuff him into turns but letting him keep the fast line...HOPING he'd make a mistake...

well my hope turned into reality in a serise of 3 fast left handers...he began to run wide...(3rd gear knee draggin turns...) and went off the track...although he did keep it up right, so I was happy about that...

However...he hit some rocks off the track...and shot one right at my foot...OUCH...put a scuff in the leather even...WHAAA!

So I had third given to me...and just kept my pace...not WAY fast but not slow by any means...Last lap... I think I got 3rd in lock again...:headshake ...

Some buzzard PROVISIONAL NOVICE comes flying by me and steals my podium on the last turn...the boy was FLYIN...I had the good drive out of the corner but the boy was movin and I couldn't do nothin about it...

Either he was way over his head and lucky...or Im gonna be havin some problems with him all season f'sho...

No pictures yet...or video...but hopefully Ill see some pics and post em.

It didn't go as well as I wanted...but I know I could have won the first race...I gave it away...(cough...Sete....cough...)

However, next race is at TWS, and if I have a home track...thats it...So those boys better be ready for hillbilly, cause hes commin with vengance!

oh btw, I thought Ty Howard was perfect....hmmmm....watched him hi-side and crash this w/e...whoops....I think hes ok though...

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 03-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10ragentblack
Nice post Hill. Yah kept it upright and had a couple good finishes. Keep up the good work and congrats yah NINNY HILLBILLY. Sounds like a pretty good start to me and very promising.
post #3 of 61 Old 03-27-2006, 10:16 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Great to hear Hill, sounds like you're upthere with the leaders! Next race we'll see more of this and if ya push it a bit more you'll be upthere!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 61 Old 03-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Currently Clueless

Posting Frequency

Glad to hear you kept it in one piece hill, not too bad for a HillBilly

Taking the WORLD over 1 Blonde at a time
post #5 of 61 Old 03-27-2006, 10:28 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Dang dude... did you pre-enter a long time ago or something? I'd kill for a third row start right about now...

Not bad all in all though.... on average, I started around 40th position and finished in like 26th (all these races were combined expert & novice, which explains the weird finishes) Averaged out to around 10th place in class. Oh, and in most of these races I was in the third wave, which also explains why I didn't have a chance... :headshake

David Nolden
CMRA #711
post #6 of 61 Old 03-27-2006, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnwhoop02
Dang dude... did you pre-enter a long time ago or something? I'd kill for a third row start right about now...

Not bad all in all though.... on average, I started around 40th position and finished in like 26th (all these races were combined expert & novice, which explains the weird finishes) Averaged out to around 10th place in class. Oh, and in most of these races I was in the third wave, which also explains why I didn't have a chance... :headshake
I did preenter a while back...but also theres not as many folks in A class as the others...

It will be better next time for ya...prolly middle of the grid or so...

AND, you need to get your forks looked at...

How'd your bike come out? Anything wrong with it...???

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.

post #7 of 61 Old 03-27-2006, 10:33 AM
talker of shite

Posting Frequency

Well done Hillster, if ya keep it up you'll be on the top step for sure

Has anyone seen my marbles ?
post #8 of 61 Old 03-27-2006, 10:36 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
well the first two laps of the race my tounge went numb...what is that?
What were you doing before the race?
post #9 of 61 Old 03-27-2006, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
What were you doing before the race?
yeah...nice of you to show up like you said you would....

post #10 of 61 Old 03-27-2006, 10:54 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

pretty funny me thinks, numb tongue, numb head and hangin on for dear life.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in