China SBK Race-ZX10R dominates. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-29-2004, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

China SBK Race-ZX10R dominates.

CHINA ZIC SUPER BIKE Championship
2nd Round – 26-27/6/2004

Arlen Ness-BG Team’s ZX10R dominates the Superbike Races.

In the 2004 season, BG has got the full support from the official Kawasaki Motorcycles Dealer in Hong Kong, “Titanic Motorcycle Centre” with their brand new Kawasaki ZX10R (1000cc) to be ridden by BG’s rider “HE Zi Xian” in the “CHINA Super Bike Open Class 1”
While on the 600 Super Sports Championship front, Huang Shi Zhao will be on the revamped ZX6RR.

All the World’s Bike media has been reporting on the ZX10R, Claiming it has the best HP/weight ratio
among all the new 04 liter bikes and it will be the most powerful machine in the race tracks.
Despite with a brand new bike that needs to be run-in and many performance parts still not available, the Team managed to Prepared the bike for the Race on Friday.
Sat/Sun qualifying saw the ZX10R took pole on both qualifying sessions and the ZX6RR on forth,

Sunday was Sunny with temperature as high as 35* that saps a lot of HP from the bikes and energies from the Riders, but spirits are high as many Team/Riders has been rebuilding their machines for this event after the gruesome 6 hours endurance in May.

Race 1 – Sunday
Race 1 start saw the ZX10R taking a catapult start with BG’s ZX6RR right behind, the awesome Power of the ZX10R soon proved to be too much for the competition with HE pulling a 8 sec gap in lap 5 followed by Huang with over 3 sec from the next bike.
When everyone was expecting a comfortable win for the ZX10R, at Turn 1 of Lap 8, HE exit the corner with
A fraction too much throttle and suffered from a low side crash, although he managed to pick up the Bike and re-join the race, but the rear braking mechanism was seriously damaged that puts HE out of the race.

The rest of the Race was dominated by Huang on his ZX6RR coming home with over 4 sec in front of all the
More powerful 1000cc competitions claiming the Overall and 600SS class win

Race 2 :
HE was to start Race 2 at the back of the grid while Huang was in Pole.
At the start of the race, the true potential of the ZX10R’s devastating power was once again proven with HE reaching 7th place at the 1st corner, then up to 2nd at Lap 4, overtake his partner Huang at Lap 5 to lead the pack to the finish line taking the win for both the Overall and Open Class win, while Huang claims
Overall 2nd and 600SS win.

It was a great weekend for the Arlen Ness-BG Team and other then the unfortunate HE’s crash, the AN-BG team has again took the Championship by total domination.

Steven Tsui-Team Manager’s comment:
We knew the ZX10R will be scary and since we have not got all the needed performance parts and a brand new bike that needs to run-in, we’re expecting a tough battle with the other Open class bikes, the ZX10R proves to be so superior in Power that even at a slight handling deficit, we managed to did great in this race.

HE Zi Xian – ZX10R Pilot
The bike was brand new and we don’t have the Front race suspension parts yet, but there was so much power with the ZX10R after the Team had sorted out the ECU and Fuel injection mappings that every time coming out from the corner or even up shifting, the front go light so the bike was seen headshaking all over the circuit..
This is one bike that needed to show a lot of respect and a gentle hand, my sliding off at Race 1 was a good example.
If we can sort out the suspensions and try other engine management mappings, I’m sure the ZX10R will be a hard bike to beat in this Championship.

The Team would like to thank all our sponsors, friends and fans for attending this race and all the support given to us, we hope to see you all again at the next race in August.

Arlen Ness/BG can be contacted at:
[email protected]

Welcome to the Arlen Ness / BG-Performance’s world of Motorcycle Racing : http://www.bg-performance.com

Photos :

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwCtArEUFdWljvTwealfnWOU4b!XYI4TYn3imCGGwoRH0d9fm qW2YpRYmCqhJ9I9ov5mpMy0tP6Bx!gQ85GGtZe0nld8mmkDgSk 3TYTTLMs/IMG_6052.jpg?dc=4675478446552719082

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QwClAmgTlHyKjTQlBrcJ2ah1Rwr5i30BaG2*3MoFzj4r1iM2* HzWgnfwD6vIpK4tizals86qANWbl2SfY8tBf7ZRfX4Xg0Y87mO XkT!RIfk/2-01.jpg?dc=4675478446548891789
[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-30-2004, 03:32 AM

Posting Frequency

WOW that story really makes ya fell good doesn't it?

RAAAR! Words like dominate pump me up about my bike.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-30-2004, 03:41 AM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
yeah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to modiggs
I love Kawi. :D

I once said "Displacement was compensation for lack of skill. Therefore, there is no need for anything more than a well balanced 600." Right, who was I kidding.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-02-2004, 02:02 PM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
no i love kawi more than you do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in