Central Texas Coming Events - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-09-2004, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Central Texas Coming Events

June 19-20 - CMRA Endurance (Sat) and Sprints (Sun). Check HERE for schedule and details. Entrance is $15 for the public for both days. I will be corner working for this event, which pays $100. Click on "Involvement" on the CMRA website if you're interested in working the races.

June 26-27 - Ride Smart Track Days. Check HERE for more info. The website kinda sucks, but you can contact Dave Wonders ([email protected]) at 512-469-9491 should you have any questions. Tell him David Nolden referred you and maybe he'll give you a good deal on leathers or a lap timer rental (if you need them).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-09-2004, 03:13 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to RUNNINHORN Send a message via Yahoo to RUNNINHORN
im thinking about doing the RideSmart thing, you in?
post #3 of 12 Old 06-09-2004, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

I signed up yesterday. This will be my first track day ever, so I'm pretty excited. I've worked corners for more than a few auto races in the past (CART, SCCA, PCA), and attended a few motorcycle track days, but this will be my first time to participate. Everything I've read tells me that it will be an awesome experience that will leave you hooked (so to speak ). If you (or anyone else) is planning to attend either of these events, let me know and we can meet up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-09-2004, 11:21 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

If I could just find some Joe Rocket pants for cheap I'd be very tempted to join you.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-09-2004, 11:57 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
If I could just find some Joe Rocket pants for cheap I'd be very tempted to join you.
Wear spandex you will slide faster.
post #6 of 12 Old 06-19-2004, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

update:

Had a blast today (so to speak) out at TWS. I was at turn 3 today, and luckily only had one accident at our corner. Two guys on SV650's smashed into each other pretty good sending one into the tire barrier and the other into the runoff. Some heated words were exchanged. Other than that there were a few wrecks at other corners, with the total of downed bikes coming to about 15. This was during the 8 hour endurance race, so I'm not sure if that's relatively a lot or not. Tomorrow is sprints, so we'll see how those go....

on a different note.... I picked up a set of Bridgestone take-off slicks for my track days next weekend... woohoo!
post #7 of 12 Old 06-19-2004, 10:29 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I am signed up for the Ride Smart track days. Look for the green ZX10. Usually in the last garage.

dnwhoop02 did you see Red Elk and his crew at the races today. They are on that other ZX10 forum. They race mainly R6 Yami's, I think. Black trailer with no sponsor info. What about the guys with the race prepped ZX10? Ice 1 and his rider Matt?
post #8 of 12 Old 06-21-2004, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

I met redelk briefly before heading out to the corner on Saturday, and then on Sunday by the time I caught up with him around lunchtime they were leaving.
I'm not sure which garage I'll be in, but I've got someone saving me a place Friday night. So I'll be next to a guy with an old VW Golf, riding a SV650 :) .

So.... what happens if it rains next weekend? Right now it looks like about a 40-50% chance of scattered thunderstorms. I asked Dave from RideSmart about this, and he said that TWS won't let you reschedule or anything, so you're just screwed. Maybe that's fine with him since we already paid, but I'm gonna be plenty pissed if we can't ride and I just "lose" $200 for the weekend... oh, and since this is my first track day ever, I doubt if I'll feel like riding in the rain, as Dave said they'd do in that event...
post #9 of 12 Old 06-22-2004, 12:14 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

The weather forcast sucks again for the upcoming Ridesmart track day. We have always managed to get in some good sessions. A couple of months ago, the forecast was for 60% chance of rain and we didn't have a drop all day long. I don't think I would mount up a set of slicks just yet.
post #10 of 12 Old 06-23-2004, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

yeah, unless the forcast miraculously clears up by Friday, I'll stick to street tires and hope no rain falls...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in