California Superbike School in the UK - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-08-2006, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Talking California Superbike School in the UK

Anyone been on the California Superbike School in the UK

I'm booked in for Silverstone in September for my Level 1 (I know, got to start somewhere) and was wondering about tyre pressures to use for the standard Qualifiers? They suggest reducing them but I have to travel 100+ miles to get there first and dont want to reduce them for the highway?

How long do you think it would take to get the tyres back to ambient temp to then reduce the pressures correctly for the track?

It is going to be fun! Been a road rider all my life I am looking forward to there being no cars coming towards me and to learn a few more things and no doubt removing some bad habits!

Anyone else booked in for the 5th Sept?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Hello mate I’ve been to silver stone track day with 2 mates, I was on my 636 then and now I dying to go back on the 10r.if you are doing the full track then you going to love it.well worth the 100 miles travel...may meet you there if your up for company.

To-do with the tyre pressures, before you start the dude running the show will tell you what you need to-do to your bike before going on the track,traveling there, just leave your bike box standard.
I took 5psi out my tyres after I got there and turned my mono shock half a turn softer. That was it... never had one problem the whole day, silver stone doesn’t chew your tyres up like Mallory park...
I got 164mph on the 636 down hanger st8. I hope to beat that on a return one day
most off all mate ENJOY SAFTLEY SAY ONE OFF THE BEST DAYS OFF MY LIFE
post #3 of 4 Old 08-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

NEARLY FOGOT best tip i can give is DON'T put any tape on your front lights.. its a focker to get off after a days racing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-08-2006, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

The site is who are organising it is,
http://www.superbikeschool.co.uk/

It is more of a school than a track day as you and two others are with an instructor all day. There are classes and 5 sessions on the track where you get assessed. I thought that I would do at least Level 1 and 2 before hitting the track days and maybe then attempt level 3 and 4 (ambitions hey!). Better to stop the bad habits early for the track!

It is not on the whole GP circuit but the shorter Stowe circuit, but that means there is not so far to reach another corner

Have a look on the website if you want to come along, they ask about track experience etc to set the groups so they are balanced... Nice and slow for me then....

If not I will post up when the full on track day will be for maybe a UK group meet

Stalker

ps Did you go to Brands this weekend, it was great although getting up at 6:30am to leave was a bit hard! Haga was on it round Paddock hill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in