Buell/Eslick to race 2010 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Buell/Eslick to race 2010

Bruce Rossmeyer resigned Danny Eslick for the 2010 DSBK. Wouldnt that embarass Harley AND DMG if they win again !! Harley for dumping a good product and looking the fool proving Buell owners correct . The Buell owners who where SUPPOSED to crossover to a Harley never did. Stating to buy a Harley was a step down in Quality ( lets face it you never hear of Buells engines throwing a pushrod ect ) For DMG almostit goes without saying... either the rules areso tilted privateers are winning the championship. ( not very PC though people like the little guy/ underdog winning )or/ and you made the rules to get more manufactures involved and now NO manufacturer won and they screwed them all. Seeing Buell get the shaft after winnning the championship I dont see how Buell was in bed with DMG ... Harley on the other hand is most certainly . Remember the VR1000 ? made from ground up bike =gp bike vs production base or Honda in flat tracking . Ill be rooting for Kawasaki in WSK with Vermulin ? and Eslick in DSBK next year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 02:04 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Nah, I gotta disagree here. It's simple mathematics some of you Buell owners seem to forget: A fuckin 1000cc bike has no business running against 600cc bikes in a PROFESSIONAL racing organization, period! I don't care how they try to dumb it down. I am not fooled. Do you see that bullshit in WSBK or MotoGp or British SBK or Australian SBK or even the hundred year old Isle of Man TT? NO, you don't.
You know why, cuz those organizations dont need just one manufacturer to run a bogus race. I have no problem with Buell's trying to run in the AMA Superbike series or WSBK. But they won't do it cuz they are fairly green and it would take a few years to be competitive out there against other 1000's.

DMG and Eslick's team wanna fool everyone into thinking they're a top tier squad. Eslick is a decent rider, yes... but put his ass on a 600 with the rest of 'em and we'll see. Nonsense.

CCS/ASRA AM #567 Suck my Laughing Gas...Haha

My track videos: Homestead, Pt.1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AestzQ9E-Kc
Homestead, 3rd personhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvLTGUU4xI
Palm Bch Intern'tl Raceway w/ my lowside, lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkyehVn95pE
Joker at Daytona-Team Hammer race school w/ John Hopkins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YpPUATErMY
Penguin Roadrace School:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLORtCY8aiI

Last edited by The Joker 008; 10-19-2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: fix
post #3 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Gone Ridin'

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to twidget Send a message via MSN to twidget Send a message via Yahoo to twidget
Practically speaking :) why would I want the weight of a liter bike (or more) and the performance of a 600 at the track?

After all, if it is competitive with the 600...

(it MUST be right, DMG wouldn't smooze us)

: Twidget
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

whoa guys missing the point here ... point is with buell out of business the lasr thing the DMG and Harley want too see is Buell winning a championship ..... Especially since Eslick WONT be on a top tier team. (acually real nice folks, Rossmeyers ) I really would be suprised if they recall the 1000cc machines in fear of him winning. Harley might have already made a call to DMG. You had to see Harely with the VR1000 project .. They changed engineering teams like we change our socks . Big consern was what does it sound like ?
post #5 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 03:00 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake318 View Post
whoa guys missing the point here ... point is with buell out of business the lasr thing the DMG and Harley want too see is Buell winning a championship ..... Especially since Eslick WONT be on a top tier team. (acually real nice folks, Rossmeyers ) I really would be suprised if they recall the 1000cc machines in fear of him winning. Harley might have already made a call to DMG. You had to see Harely with the VR1000 project .. They changed engineering teams like we change our socks . Big consern was what does it sound like ?
Oh ok, gotcha.

CCS/ASRA AM #567 Suck my Laughing Gas...Haha

My track videos: Homestead, Pt.1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AestzQ9E-Kc
Homestead, 3rd personhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvLTGUU4xI
Palm Bch Intern'tl Raceway w/ my lowside, lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkyehVn95pE
Joker at Daytona-Team Hammer race school w/ John Hopkins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YpPUATErMY
Penguin Roadrace School:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLORtCY8aiI
post #6 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 03:11 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I haven't seen the official entry list for next year, but I think honda is pulling all support, and I've heard yamaha is only supporting 1 superbike, kaw has threatened to pull all support. So it's very likely eslick may indeed win the chamionship next year on a year old machine no longer in production. In reality though, who cares? DMG had nothing tho do with the demise of buell, but I think since they built their series soley around that brand, now would be a good time to do some serious butt-kissing to the jap factories.

Last edited by hayden41; 10-19-2009 at 07:56 PM.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

If the other factories dont participate, who cares? I'm better off going to my local track and watching WERA/CCS/CMRA club racing.

a big part of pro racing is the spectacle of the event...which equals factory participation and big name riders. a la WSBK or even british superbike. that is completely gone now for pro motorcycle racing in the US. DMG has ruined in one season what little the AMA had built in years of racing.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 05:51 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkt View Post
If the other factories dont participate, who cares? I'm better off going to my local track and watching WERA/CCS/CMRA club racing.

a big part of pro racing is the spectacle of the event...which equals factory participation and big name riders. a la WSBK or even british superbike. that is completely gone now for pro motorcycle racing in the US. DMG has ruined in one season what little the AMA had built in years of racing.

A HUGE

Even fewer people care about American roadracing now than before. Oh wait...there are all the harley/buell asshats that love it since one of their bikes finally got enough of a break in the rules to win something besides a race among themselves.

And unfortunately now for the up-n-comers the series is even more of a joke around the world than it was before.

As far as eslick goes, I'm disappointed. I was ready to see him get back on a 600 and go back to finishing top 20 like before the buell.
post #9 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkt View Post

i agree. US road racing is in the toilet, i hate to say it but its true.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #10 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpriordan View Post
i agree. US road racing is in the toilet, i hate to say it but its true.
It's been flushed and now lives at the bottom of the septic tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in