Bostrom and Hayes to race WERA?!? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-08-2009, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Bostrom and Hayes to race WERA?!?

There were few remarks made on Pegram doing a trackday at Topeka the weekend prior to AMA race in another thread. One said "smart move on his part, more practice and track time". I'm not sure that is entirely fair, I usually ride advanced group on track days and do indeed have to deal with faster riders passing me. But usually not AMA pro class riders in contention for the AMA championship caliber speed. So I suppose if Pegram can do track days, Bostrom and Hayes can now do WERA endurance races to give more practice and track time. Don't know to blame them, their team, or DMG (for the testing and practice restrictions). But I still don't know if I agree with it, what about you?http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Aug/090806yvir.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-08-2009, 02:30 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ducatibrandon
I would do it to because it is fun still. DMG can't take that from ya
post #3 of 10 Old 08-08-2009, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatibrandon View Post
I would do it to because it is fun still. DMG can't take that from ya
I agree. And I won't pretend to follow wera closely, but suppose you were the team fighting the points with the M3 yamaha team all season, is it fair for 2 pros to join and and likely get the points that you might've gotten and possibly won a championship that you likely could have only bragged about to your grandkids one day? Some may say go out and get you some pros too. But that kinda defeats the purpose of club racing, no? If they're not having fun racing their job, go beat up on some club racers I suppose, sounds like fun to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 08-08-2009, 02:48 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
thats where josh hayes got his start is in wera racing.. and same with Roger hayden from what I remember anyways LOL but I raced with hayden down at Rd Atlanta (wera race) he was racing on a 1800cyclegear bike dont remember if hayes was there or not??? but I remember hanging with Roger for one lap while he got tyres up to temp and then he started going full throttle LOL and lost me on the back straight my little $2000 bike just didn't hang with a $10,000 bike and his skills....

post #5 of 10 Old 08-08-2009, 05:34 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

At least the 2 will be racing with a Pro organization.. Its all about testing time. The Yamaha boys saw how good Pegram did after running a club race at Topeka and they now want the same results..

2010 BMW S1000RR- 2008 CBR1000RR
post #6 of 10 Old 08-08-2009, 08:43 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer98 View Post
At least the 2 will be racing with a Pro organization.. Its all about testing time. The Yamaha boys saw how good Pegram did after running a club race at Topeka and they now want the same results..
More like they saw how good Pegram did with Mladin sitting out

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #7 of 10 Old 08-08-2009, 09:19 PM
SPLAT!!!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
More like they saw how good Pegram did with Mladin sitting out
very true, both comments

post #8 of 10 Old 08-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

maybe they're just fed up of the drama with dmg and want a nice "normal" weekend to try and remember why they do this.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Doing this is nothing new; I remember Roger Lee Hayden (and a couple of other riders who I have forgotten) doing a CCS (?) race at Mid-Ohio years back. Unbelievably fast. They pulled off the track on the last lap before the checkered flag, so as not to ruin things for the actual CCS competitors.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #10 of 10 Old 08-09-2009, 09:48 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Hell Disalvo and Lynn have been showing up to MRA races this year, as well as MoM races. With the economy these guys are all chasing contigency and sponsor $$$$

2006 Kawi ZX-10R "Reverse GP"
www.303cycle.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in