BHF CCS race report... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-13-2008, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

BHF CCS race report...

CCS race report
Friday practice

Friday was fun, the whole family made it up to BHF.
We were there in time to get a half a day of practice in
It was great to be in a familiar place and everything seemed to be clicking.
I got some good practice on the A & B bike.

Saturday; was very cool some friends and family made the trip up from the track.
I had some help getting the bikes ready and I was really jazzed to be at the track.

Race 1

Armature GTU.

Fun race it was good to mix it up on a 600, I forgot how much fun it could be.
I was happy with a 5th place since I had never really ridden this 07 ZX6R.

Race 4
Armature GTO

What a great race I got a decent start and quickly did 2 huge stopples going into turn 1 poor Jigs almost got some tire marks on him. This was a lot of fun I started to get my head right again. fun fun fun. 25 minute races are hard on the body. Boy oh boy do I need to get in shape.
I got 4th and I was pretty happy because everything seemed be clicking for me.

Race 9

Middleweight GP Armature
Another fun race, those 600s are easy to throw around.
I got a 7th

Over all I had a great day it was fun getting back into the swing of things.
I was really happy with my riding I hit 16’s on the 1k and 18’s on the 6r.
Transitioning from a 600 to a 1000 is really hard.
Big thanks to all that Seth and Malik for doing pit crew work.

Sunday
What a crappy morning it was really cold and rainy weather totally sucked.

Race 1
Unlimited Superbike.
I ran the B bike since it was crappy and spitting.
I got a decent start but my ridding is not the greatest in the rain but for some reason every thing was still clicking for today. I went out and my lap times seemed to be getting faster and faster. I dropped 10 seconds over the course of the race and was felling really good on the bike. The guy in the lead crashed out and I ended up getting my first win.

Race 7
Unlimited GP
This was another good race I got a crappy start but the bike was running really strong and I was pretty dialed in and working my way through the pack. I got up to fourth place when I reached for my shifter it and was gone a bolt to came out.

Anyway I finished the last 3 laps of the race in 3rd gear.
All in all it was a good thing I found some speed in a few corners and ended up with a 4th.

Race 14
Unlimited Supersport
I got a really good start and I just followed Jesse until I could make my move.
We hit 6 and it was on like Donkey Kong I got the perfect line in to set up for the drive out of 6 b, I beat him to the kink and never looked back which in hind sight I really should have. It was a great race I was feeling really good, I got signals that I had a huge lead and backed off what I thought was a little, but was evidently too much.

I dropped into turn 6 knee on the deck and the next thing I know the genius that crashed himself out in race (same turn) 1 punted me. I landed hard on my left shoulder and slid really far in the grass. My bike went to the tire wall. The guy that hit me kept saying he was sorry and he had no where to go then he was run wide yada yada the story changed a few times before I got up and picked the bike up and rode it in.

heres some pics of the ordeal from Gron4 http://www.gron4.com/2008/051108/amat/936/
Great pics wow those guys are good.
Some how I still got 3rd?

When I got in I gave the bike to Dustin and explained what happened and mentioned how bad my shoulder hurt. We all headed to tech. Luckily Murph, Malik and there friend Heather where around to assist they got my leathers off my shoulder, that did it I knew something was really wrong I started to see stars and asked for medical assistance.

Surprise a fractured collar bone. I was pretty bummed I saw all of my hard work being flushed down the drain. Luckily my buddy Seth had hooked up the trailer earlier and all my fellow Nesbians helped load everything else up that needed to be loaded.

So all in all I was very pleased with my riding over the weekend. I found a little more time at BHF which is going to come in handy later this season. I also met one of my goals of the season which was learning to ride in the rain.

I’m headed to the Dr Today to see what’s up with my clavicle. I hope to be back in action soon we’ll see what the Dr says. I learned a lot and can’t wait to get back out there.

I’m very proud to be a Nesbian and plan to come back with a vengeance!

I also have to send a big thanks to my wife who got a crash coarse in driving the truck and toy hauler back from BHF Sunday. If you see her give her a big thumbs up and a hug she did great. In addition to Heather our friends Seth and Jim took care of the trailer when we returned I can’t thank everyone enough!

For more info you can follow my on my website as it gets updated
wingutzracing.com

Smiley
nesba # 936 http://www.nesba.com/
CCS # 936 wingnutzracing.com
Sponsors
Twisted-powersports.com
DCDECALS.net
http://ask2geeks.com/
http://www.superbikeitalia.com/
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
That is why god made fast motorcycles"
Hunter S. Thompson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

Congrats on the first win.

Sweet pics.

Sorry to hear about the crash. Or more accurately, being taken out. :headshake I take it the bike was still rideable that you were able to finish 3rd in that race. ??

Heal fast for the next race.

Chris

post #3 of 3 Old 05-13-2008, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I hope to be back in it before the end of the month not sure how long this takes to heal.

Smiley
nesba # 936 http://www.nesba.com/
CCS # 936 wingnutzracing.com
Sponsors
Twisted-powersports.com
DCDECALS.net
http://ask2geeks.com/
http://www.superbikeitalia.com/
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
That is why god made fast motorcycles"
Hunter S. Thompson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in