Bad day for DMG/AMA - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 Old 03-20-2009, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Bad day for DMG/AMA

Today probably wasn't a good day for the DMG/AMA. First of all the Supersport class at Fontana had a total of 6 riders. That is an impressive turn-out for sure. That gives you an idea of how well there new plan is working. There is undoubtably club races going on this weekend that will have 20+ riders in their 600cc class.

Then DMG and Miller Motorsports park have a falling out about support classes for the WSBK event. DMG wanted to have only Supersport and Daytona Superbike (the somewhat 600cc class). No 1000cc superbikes. Well they couldn't come to an agreement so Miller pulled the plug on it completely and now there won't be any AMA support classes in conjunction with the WSBK race. I hope several American riders can get wildcard rides for the WSBK race. Come on Yoshimura. Get a WSBK ride for Mladin.

And then to rub salt in the wound, Mladin took superpole in Superbike by over 1.3 seconds. DMG had made it pretty clear that the only reason that Spies and Mladin ran away from the pack last year was that their bikes were clearly superior. And the way they kept looking for issues on Mladin's bike, they tried to make it look like they were cheating. Well guess what DMG? Now he is riding a bike that they bought off of the showroom floor just a few weeks ago after the DMG pulled the rug out from under them, preventing Mladin/Hayden from riding new '09 models at the start of the season. Even though it was common practice in previous years. Gee, I wonder if Mladin can pull out another close win at Fontana? At least we have WSBK and there is nothing that the AMA can do to screw that up.

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 03-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

we do have SBK, and soon moto gp (who knows how that is going to go). im excited and not one bit suprised that the DMG's master plan is on its way down the crapper. thanks for ruining professional road racing in America, fucking ass bags

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #3 of 53 Old 03-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta xray View Post
Today probably wasn't a good day for the DMG/AMA. First of all the Supersport class at Fontana had a total of 6 riders. That is an impressive turn-out for sure. That gives you an idea of how well there new plan is working. There is undoubtably club races going on this weekend that will have 20+ riders in their 600cc class.

Then DMG and Miller Motorsports park have a falling out about support classes for the WSBK event. DMG wanted to have only Supersport and Daytona Superbike (the somewhat 600cc class). No 1000cc superbikes. Well they couldn't come to an agreement so Miller pulled the plug on it completely and now there won't be any AMA support classes in conjunction with the WSBK race. I hope several American riders can get wildcard rides for the WSBK race. Come on Yoshimura. Get a WSBK ride for Mladin.

And then to rub salt in the wound, Mladin took superpole in Superbike by over 1.3 seconds. DMG had made it pretty clear that the only reason that Spies and Mladin ran away from the pack last year was that their bikes were clearly superior. And the way they kept looking for issues on Mladin's bike, they tried to make it look like they were cheating. Well guess what DMG? Now he is riding a bike that they bought off of the showroom floor just a few weeks ago after the DMG pulled the rug out from under them, preventing Mladin/Hayden from riding new '09 models at the start of the season. Even though it was common practice in previous years. Gee, I wonder if Mladin can pull out another close win at Fontana? At least we have WSBK and there is nothing that the AMA can do to screw that up.
I know you love Mladin but lets set some records strait first. The DMG did say Mladin was good but wasn't sure if it's the bike or Superior parts or expertise or the rider and would LIKE to KNOW....but Mladin was caught for Cheating last year so why should they think he is clean now because you trust the DMG now that they will enforce the rules this time...can't have hate one way and expect nothing the other way to meet your point:headshake or is Mlading the among the best just because Spies is gone and doing great in WSBK? or the fact he is only facing a few racers now with not the same talent...bottom line unless Mladin goes and tries to race with the Big Boyz in some other series he will always be questioned just like Spies was on WSBK how fast he can compete but he is taking them on even with a different bike and would love for Mladin to prove it that way as well. Mladins tude also makes him a racer that want many to suspect him in everything he does or lack of doing if you will. Basically Mladin is not a favorite to many here and always will be suspect based on his history and decisions, but I can tell you I always rooted for Spies last year to take Mladin down there is just something about that guy that doesn't rub right. :headshake

I think most of us have ruled out the AMA racing this year and looking forward to WSBK and Spies with the MotoGP as well...that's what's going to be worth talking about this year hopefully.

Last edited by bluedevil; 03-20-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 Old 03-20-2009, 09:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpriordan View Post
we do have SBK, and soon moto gp (who knows how that is going to go). im excited and not one bit suprised that the DMG's master plan is on its way down the crapper. thanks for ruining professional road racing in America, fucking ass bags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u75IqPY_UmA
Plus Mladin aint going anywhere because he makes too much money here. I dont think he's too concerned with the talent possibly dropping as long as he keeps whipping 'em and collecting the money (IMO). The hell with GayMA!

CCS/ASRA AM #567 Suck my Laughing Gas...Haha

My track videos: Homestead, Pt.1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AestzQ9E-Kc
Homestead, 3rd personhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvLTGUU4xI
Palm Bch Intern'tl Raceway w/ my lowside, lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkyehVn95pE
Joker at Daytona-Team Hammer race school w/ John Hopkins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YpPUATErMY
Penguin Roadrace School:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLORtCY8aiI
post #5 of 53 Old 03-20-2009, 09:27 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
I think most of us have ruled out the AMA racing this year and looking forward to WSBK and Spies with the MotoGP as well...that's what's going to be worth talking about this year hopefully.
:iamwithst

couldn't agree more. AMA is dead this year. WSBK on speedtv is the only thing worth watching. Go Spies. Although, i was watching the last race and the commentater stated this was going to be a great season for WSBK and anyone could win it. I found it hilarious b/c he kept saying it, yet Spies has won both poles, and won 3/4 races. I just wonder if Spies wins the next two races if i have to hear that crap again. I mean, Spies was winning by almost 3secs!!

"shiny, let's be bad guys"
post #6 of 53 Old 03-20-2009, 09:42 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

DMG is working out rather well so far huh? As far as Mladin goes, I've watched him here for about 12 years now and he's been consistently the fastest guy in AMA even back in the day when he was clearly on inferior equipment. Yeah he's got an attitude, but it's not so much arrogance to me but more "I'm here to do a job and I could care less if no one likes me, I'm not just going to beat you, but also try to demoralize you". Can't say it hasn't worked for him, after rossi he's probably the highest paid racer in the world. Spies should be thanking him for putting him on the map, Hayden did. Anyway, I know most will disagree, but that's just my opinion based on what I've seen and read. Oh yeah, I don't care for the new AMA/DMG series.
post #7 of 53 Old 03-20-2009, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I know you love Mladin
blue, You don't have to quote the whole post if you only intend to comment on one part.

But to set the record straight, I don't love Mladin. I think he is an arrogant a**. But he is an amazing talent. In case you haven't noticed I am from Texas, as is Spies. I am a huge Spies fan. I have been around him while he was growing up in the CMRA. But anyone with any sense would have to admit that their respect/hate ralationship that they had, pushed both riders to new levels. While I understand Mladin's reasons for staying in the US (good money, easy life style for his family, etc.) I think he should have moved to WSBK to prove is talent. And you are correct that he was DQ'd last year. But if you read all of the comments from various sources, I would have to conclude that DMG didn't really handle the situation properly and it smacked of a kangaroo court. But it was their race series and they make the rules and in the end they won out. My initial response was that I thought he/his team was cheating but the more I found out, including international web sites, the more I doubted the ruling. But the bottom line was Mladin was DQ'd.

blue, actually your post doesn't really ring true because you are praising AMA/DMG for enforcing rules and catching a cheater while you berate them for this season. You can't seem to make up your mind which side you are on. My opinion is simple DMG has been screwing with road racing in the USA for 2 years and it continues to get worse, day by day.

post #8 of 53 Old 03-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden41 View Post
DMG is working out rather well so far huh? As far as Mladin goes, I've watched him here for about 12 years now and he's been consistently the fastest guy in AMA even back in the day when he was clearly on inferior equipment. Yeah he's got an attitude, but it's not so much arrogance to me but more "I'm here to do a job and I could care less if no one likes me, I'm not just going to beat you, but also try to demoralize you". Can't say it hasn't worked for him, after rossi he's probably the highest paid racer in the world. Spies should be thanking him for putting him on the map, Hayden did. Anyway, I know most will disagree, but that's just my opinion based on what I've seen and read. Oh yeah, I don't care for the new AMA/DMG series.
Now that's funny....I think Spies has just put Mladin on the map because he is so competitive on a new bike in the WSBK and the only man if the Rules where the same and no Cheating by Mladin would make him almost a God like in AMA these days ....as far I see it Mladin should be kissing Spies arse for making him look good this year based on last year and years past.....but like I said different teams, bikes series, rules etc...Mladin stop hiding if you want to prove your the best the AMA doesn't count these days or years past.:headshake
post #9 of 53 Old 03-20-2009, 10:17 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Now that's funny....I think Spies has just put Mladin on the map because he is so competitive on a new bike in the WSBK and the only man if the Rules where the same and no Cheating by Mladin would make him almost a God like in AMA these days ....as far I see it Mladin should be kissing Spies arse for making him look good this year based on last year and years past.....but like I said different teams, bikes series, rules etc...Mladin stop hiding if you want to prove your the best the AMA doesn't count these days or years past.:headshake
Not taking ANYTHING away from Spies, he's the real deal. It's just my opinion that had he not landed the yosh ride on a bike that Mladin soley developed , and have Mladin to chase and eventually surpass, I doubt he would be where he is today. In the end Mladin/Spies pushed each other to a level of competitivness?? that they are basically soley responsible for where the series is today. Not blaming them but really complimenting them. As far as Mat cheating, I guess that's what history shows, but I don't fully buy into it. We obviously disagree, but I don't feel he needs to go anywhere to "prove" anything to anyone. I'm sure if you ask Spies ,Hayden, or nearly anyone who's raced him, they'd say he's the best superbike rider they've ever raced. I'm glad he's here.
post #10 of 53 Old 03-20-2009, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Mladin stop hiding if you want to prove your the best the AMA doesn't count these days or years past.:headshake
blu, you are obviously a Mladin hater and nothing is going to change that. But he isn't hiding. He made a choice to stay in the US for reasons that don't really pertain to racing. I don't agree with his choice but whatever. So you are saying that beating former and reigning WSBK champions when they came to race in the AMA doesn't count? WOW.

Mladin always wanted to prove that he was the best even though he stayed in the US. When the whole Suzuki team (MotoGP, WSBK and AMA SBK) went for a test at Sepang, Mladin got the fastest SBK lap times, even though the AMA Suzuki has more limited mods than the WSBK Suzuki's. I am sure he was trying to make a point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in