Anybody lost yet? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 07-24-2004, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Anybody lost yet?

I have not even got to race anybody yet.I see alot of wins just haven't seen many losses(that is a good thang).Somebody has to have some stories of being beaten.I seen the supra beat the ten and the cbr 1000rr but that is it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-24-2004, 08:57 PM

Posting Frequency

post #3 of 20 Old 07-25-2004, 08:14 AM

Posting Frequency

In a word...Yes

There have been some ZX10 losses but you never hear about them. Selective memory from the 'bleed green' camp!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 07-25-2004, 08:48 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

The "bleed green" selective memory is not as bad as the "bleed blue" selective reality where wins are claimed when one of the "duels" is a situation where both riders don't know they are racing and the other "duel" is where the ZX10 rider stated moments before that his bike isn't broken in and he is not running it hard. But I guess when you are desparate for a "victory" you will claim anything.

It is funny that a challange on the R1 forum to 02silver went unanswered. The "black" bike will now run his bike beyond 8000 rpm. Who knows, the result might be the same. But then you can really claim something. Or not.

02silver, I will conceed that you are a better rider than I am but your "victories" are hollow and I am really disappointed that you would try this BS. Maybe I misjudged what kind of person you really are. You must really need reassurance that you bought the right bike. I immediately noticed the change in your attitude when you almost took out Mike, when you tried to stuff your bike under his in a corner while we were out on a friendly ride.

OK 02silver, now you can start your little mantra about "bleed green" riders making excuses.
post #5 of 20 Old 07-25-2004, 02:37 PM

Posting Frequency

Zeta Xray

I never saw the post on the R1 Forum and I surely wasn't EVER going to mention anyone's name on any board...

I wasn't talking about anything particular above except that a lot of people pick and choose which versions of stories they relay...not just on this board of course. Find my reply about the beating someone 4/5 then they only talk about the one for instance.

As far as talking about character on the websites...read each and every one of your posts on this board, check how long we've both been members, and then ask yourself about character.

Your one of my friends and if you read every post of mine on any board (Same name on all of them except the ZRX) you will not find me mentioning anything untrue or ever mentioning any individuals especially in the negative.

I've beat on R1's, ZRX's 600's, ZX9's and others with the FZ1 and lost to a R6, Clay's TL1000, D's FZ1 and others...it's the game and I can accept that...but I don't think you can. You really don't know that much about me...I'd suggest you research a little.

Bleed Blue???
I've owned or own 5 Kawasakis (Z1R, ZRX1100, 1200, ZX9R, KLR650), 1 Honda (Superhawk), 3 Yamaha's (FZ1, R6, R1) and 1 Suzuki (I was the owner of that "highly modified Suzuki Hayabusa that's never been beat") all in the last 4 years.

I like motorcycles and fast cars and very nearly bought a ZX10 myself but I chose to not have the latest and greatest because everyone expects 'it' to do the job.

As far as the front straight at TWS is concerned...read your post on racing the 04 R1 and seeing the elbow drop...same thing. I outweigh you by at least 60#'s BTW and D never passed you down the straight so I assume you weren't coasting BUT I NEVER posted any smack about that on here and only mentioned the occurance in an abstract post on the R1 Forum WITHOUT NAMES, dates, or even the place.

I really don't care if I have the fastest bike or not which is why I sold the Busa to Ed and bought the FZ1. I just get amused with your posts on here. I've got lot's of years of racing in my past and learned long ago there is ALWAYS someone with a faster car, bike, boat or anything else.

If it is important, pull my parts off of Mike's R1 in your garage and send them to me through D or E this week and I'll get my bike down there. I won't be able to ride it because of the clavicle (might have to get operated on again BTW) but it hasn't been ridden since TWS because I can't ride and you still have my axle nut and hardware.

It really won't matter in the end anyway because no one bike is best in all situations (one can just keep changing the game until the desired output is achieved) but I didn't make the wrong choice for me because I didn't take the dealer hit, which allows me a lot of flexibility to sell and buy again if I get the urge.

I have no ill feelings for you or anything else so I don't understand the total outbreak in your post in here...flaming away.

If my attitude has changed any in your presence, it's due to your posts regarding the other bikes and riders in your group...

This kind of crap actually does piss me off (as opposed to being amused)and if you want me to drop out of your 'group' and let you be a legend in your own mind then so be it.

Richard
post #6 of 20 Old 07-25-2004, 04:54 PM

Posting Frequency

Re: Anybody lost yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabersaw30
I have not even got to race anybody yet.I see alot of wins just haven't seen many losses(that is a good thang).Somebody has to have some stories of being beaten.I seen the supra beat the ten and the cbr 1000rr but that is it.
I got beat by an 03 R1 (decked out with Graves stuff) We did a roll-on in 2nd at 20 mph and he pulled me right away! I didn't shift or anything, I just backed off at around 8000.

I thought we were just foolin around when he gave me the 2nd gear roll-on sign while riding down the road, I was not aware it was for braggin rights! None the less he beat me and now he has the right to post it anywhere he wants, However as I stated on the R1 forum, I'd like a rematch and I'd like him to run me my way this time as I did it his way the last time!

8-)
post #7 of 20 Old 07-25-2004, 06:33 PM

Posting Frequency

I had a guy on a 03 R1 take me going up Palomar, he had allot more skills than me and had on all leathers but I tried to stay with him, until I was dragging toe all over the place ( no leathers yet) so I was pleased with myself, the guy was a great rider none of his friends could get me though :)
post #8 of 20 Old 07-25-2004, 07:20 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I lost to a guy on a Busa. A 40 mph roll on. We had a hard time getting "synched" on the start and we both were getting on and off the throttle trying to get together. It was my fault, I am a rookie at this and he has done it numerous times. I think he finally just let me go. When we finally did get going I had a little advantage, which I held until I hit the rev limiter (top of 3rd, I think). When I hit the limiter it startled me because I had never hit the limiter before and it took me a few heartbeats to figure out that I had not blown up the bike. He immediately started to pull me and he passed me at 155 indicated. I knew that I was dead meat at that time and backed off. I don't think that particular Busa has ever been defeated and I became another one of it's many victims.
post #9 of 20 Old 07-26-2004, 06:23 AM

Posting Frequency

Fun in the Sun

For those of you wondering, it's an inside joke about the 'highly modded Busa' among some of us. (Yosh RS3, PC2, & Air Box Flapper Mod)

Poky,
You have a place anytime to play some more :) (I finally saw your R1 post). I can't race first gear only to 100, as you know, but some good old fashioned 1/4 mile from a stop is just the ticket or a Friday night in Seguin would really be the right way to go (Instant green or Pro Tree even better). I'd say to take them just like we ride them everyday (no straps, gear changes, air shifters, lowering links, or sliding the forks in the triples) but however you would prefer is OK.

Zeta,
Sounds like you can handle the Zuki up to 160 anyway. I'll see if I can get him to go to south for some good old fashioned dead stop 1/4 mile action since roll ons are too complicated. I might be getting the second operation this week so I'll have to see about bringing the 'highly modded 03 R1' or not. I'll let David or Ed ride it though if you want to ride north (just bring my parts from Mike's R1)...I don't think it'll be in reverse like all of the other liter bikes in your group...see your posts :o
post #10 of 20 Old 07-26-2004, 06:32 AM

Posting Frequency

there's alot of beating going on around here at the moment...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in