Any News on Rossi's move to ducati?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Any News on Rossi's move to ducati??

I have not found anything in the last 2 weeks. Is it a done deal or are there still
defining the fine print?? Maybe Ducati waiting to see if VR is really fit after the crash?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 07-22-2010, 02:59 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdenari View Post
I have not found anything in the last 2 weeks. Is it a done deal or are there still
defining the fine print?? Maybe Ducati waiting to see if VR is really fit after the crash?
Nothing official, supposed to announce at Brno. Most inside sources say he will go to Ducati.
post #3 of 36 Old 07-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

no news too tell really,when it was leaked that yamaha was giving rossi a pay cut too give lorenzo a pay rise,hes riding a duke for sure!!he aint going too suzuki and he sure as hell aint guna ride for honda again!!come on we all know its a done deal....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 Old 07-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
They'd take him if he had no legs!!! he's going to be riding the duc....where else would he go? NOT zuk or kawi and he sure as hell wouldn't go back to honda i don't think. i'd like to see what he could do on the ducati too!!

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #5 of 36 Old 07-22-2010, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMY10ER View Post
They'd take him if he had no legs!!! he's going to be riding the duc....where else would he go? NOT zuk or kawi and he sure as hell wouldn't go back to honda i don't think. i'd like to see what he could do on the ducati too!!
I agree, however, the possibility of him staying a yamaha cannot be ruled out yet. I know of all the salary mess with Lorenzo, but, for whatever reason, Lorenzo is becoming unpopular, moreover, he ended up 2nd last weekend, not bad I guess, and everyone talks about Rossi. I guess nobody likes to have an unpopular rider specially when his team mate is still Valentino....
Its just a thought. It might the tooo far fetched but who knows
post #6 of 36 Old 07-22-2010, 09:09 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I agree, however, the possibility of him staying a yamaha cannot be ruled out yet. I know of all the salary mess with Lorenzo, but, for whatever reason, Lorenzo is becoming unpopular, moreover, he ended up 2nd last weekend, not bad I guess, and everyone talks about Rossi. I guess nobody likes to have an unpopular rider specially when his team mate is still Valentino....
If he's becoming unpopular, it really doesn't matter to yamaha as long as he wins the title (which is nearly impossible for him not to do at this point). And really, he's spanish and since spaniards probably are the most race-crazed fanatics on the planet i doubt his popularity will ever be an issue, nor him not being a title contender. Besides, look at hayden and pedrosa. Hayden is prob the 2nd most popular rider in the series and pedrosa near the opposite and honda virtually kicked him (hayden) to the curb before the ink dried on pedrosa's contract.

I agree, anything can happen, but at this point i'd be surprised if rossi stays with yamaha. As far as ducati waiting to see if rossi'll be competitive, I think the german gp should have shut up his detractors and doubters.

BTW, been reading that spies and lorenzo have been pretty tight lately. Makes you wonder/hope that they team together next year. Be cool to see what spies can do on (for now) the best factory bike with a years experience on his side.
post #7 of 36 Old 07-23-2010, 04:46 PM

Posting Frequency

[QUOTE=hayden41;1497096]If he's becoming unpopular, it really doesn't matter to yamaha as long as he wins the title (which is nearly impossible for him not to do at this point). And really, he's spanish and since spaniards probably are the most race-crazed fanatics on the planet i doubt his popularity will ever be an issue, nor him not being a title contender. Besides, look at hayden and pedrosa. Hayden is prob the 2nd most popular rider in the series and pedrosa near the opposite and honda virtually kicked him (hayden) to the curb before the ink dried on pedrosa's contract.

NOT too sure about that? not overseas for sure and probably not even here in the states? He won the title one year and i give him that BUT before and since then he has been below par to say the least which i think is the reason honda dropped him when they did (i'm not saying he sucks or anything but to say he's the 2nd most popular rider?), but then again it's kinda the same situation yamaha is going thru now BUT why would you let the goat go for any reason when you almost know for a fact that he WILL come back on another bike and whip your ass and probably take the title....ask honda about this. i'll just be glad when it's all said and done so we'll know what to look forward to and expect for next season.

post #8 of 36 Old 07-23-2010, 04:48 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:

This is true man.........I just hope IF yami lets him go and he signs with ducati that he does to them (yamaha) just like he did to honda when he went to yamaha!

post #9 of 36 Old 07-23-2010, 05:21 PM
welds like he has palsy

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMY10ER View Post
This is true man.........I just hope IF yami lets him go and he signs with ducati that he does to them (yamaha) just like he did to honda when he went to yamaha!
Agreed. I hope he still has enough in him to do it. I'm not pessimistic, just being hopeful and not over confident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green10 View Post
speakers on a zx10 is like shitting in your bathwater!!!
post #10 of 36 Old 07-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Anyone here read Rossi's book?

Remember that he wants to have fun while racing, that's a big reason that he left honda.

I bet he'd have fun at Ducati and take less money to do it.
Plus he'd be that much closer to his Formula 1 ride for when he retires from bikes and tries for the F1 title to match John Surtees having won titles in each.
After he ties or surpasses Mike Hailwood's 8 GP titles of course.

He's already tied Surtee's 7 GP championships so he could go to F1 and tie that guy's record now if he could win.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 07-23-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in