65 k Duke Desmosedici Sold Out/4 hrs in the US.... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-07-2006, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

65 k Duke Desmosedici Sold Out/5 hrs in the US....

Now for you fellas in need of a second ride, you just missed the boat...:

Desmosedici RR Sold Out in U.S.
June 7th, 2006

The entire first year North American production for the Ducati Desmosedici RR was sold out in five hours. When Ducati dealers were allowed to accept orders, buyers were ready and waiting. Roadracing World notes the MSRP for the bike is $65,000 and as we noted before, current owners of the 999R will be given priority which caused one prospective buyer to purchase a Ducati Xerox 999R on the spot.

I guess some folks have a little more money to play with than the average motorcycle buyer. As I mentioned the other day, I hope these guys take these out on the track instead of trying to explore the boundaries of a street legal MotoGP bike on some back canyon road. Of course, a few of these purchases are for pure speculation and resale which means they’ll see no use at all.

from RRW...

The anticipation around the release of this motorcycle is significant, as it is the first ever street legal MotoGP replica. Immediately following the June 1 Mugello announcement, Ducati North America opened the customer ordering period via local Ducati dealers. In less than five hours, enough buyers had placed orders to cover the entire first year forecast for North American production.

Dealers reported customers doing anything they could to move their names to the top of the list when the order period opened at 10am. In an effort to secure a higher place on the reservation list, one customer purchased a Xerox 999R on the spot after discovering 999R owners receive priority on the reservation list through September 30, 2006. Similar scenarios were reported throughout the day as customers rushed to secure their own Desmosedici RR.

“Although we anticipated a high demand for the Desmosedici RR, we never could have imagined securing reservations for all of the 2007 North American production this quickly,” said Michael Lock, CEO of Ducati North America. “With the tremendous response to the Desmosedici RR, the news of an appearance of the bike at the US MotoGP and our team now leading the MotoGP series, Ducati certainly has a lot to celebrate at Laguna Seca!”

Last edited by Felix el gato; 06-07-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-07-2006, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Total 1st year production for the Ducati Desmosedici RR is 400 worldwide with (rumored)200 going to the US market:

Cupertino, CA – After a highly anticipated unveiling at Mugello this past weekend, the Desmosedici RR will make its next appearance on American soil at the Red Bull USGP, held at the historical Laguna Seca Raceway July 21-23.

The exotic motorcycle will travel with the Ducati Corse Team and will be on display for invited guests in the MotoGP paddock. The Desmosedici RR will also make a brief appearance on the infield of Ducati Island during the race weekend.

The anticipation around the release of this motorcycle is significant, as it is the first ever street legal MotoGP replica. Immediately following the June 1 Mugello announcement, Ducati North America opened the customer ordering period via local Ducati dealers. In less than five hours, enough buyers had placed orders to cover the entire first year forecast for North American production.

Dealers reported customers doing anything they could to move their names to the top of the list when the order period opened at 10am. In an effort to secure a higher place on the reservation list, one customer purchased a Xerox 999R on the spot after discovering 999R owners receive priority on the reservation list through September 30, 2006. Similar scenarios were reported throughout the day as customers rushed to secure their own Desmosedici RR.

“Although we anticipated a high demand for the Desmosedici RR, we never could have imagined securing reservations for all of the 2007 North American production this quickly,” said Michael Lock, CEO of Ducati North America. “With the tremendous response to the Desmosedici RR, the news of an appearance of the bike at the US MotoGP and our team now leading the MotoGP series, Ducati certainly has a lot to celebrate at Laguna Seca!”

The MSRP of the Desmosedici RR is $65,000. The motorcycle is street legal and comes with a three year warranty and three years of included service maintenance. For more information on the Desmosedici RR, please visit www.ducati.com.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-07-2006, 01:52 PM

Posting Frequency

Any Pictures Of It Bro?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-07-2006, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost666
Any Pictures Of It Bro?
Here ya go...I'm not crazy about the front end,rest looks pretty good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	d16_1.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	16176  
post #5 of 10 Old 06-07-2006, 03:49 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I heard somethin about this a few years ago,guess it finally happened.Got any specs?

Lets say somebody breaks into your house and you dont have a gun.How are you going to shoot them?
post #6 of 10 Old 06-07-2006, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Engine:
*over 200 hp w/racing exhaust kit (provided)
* 989cc L four cylinder
* Desmodromic with 16 titanium valves
* double overhead cams, gear driven
* quadruple 12 hole "micro-jet" fuel injectors
* sand cast engine with magnesium covers
* 4-2-1 "vertical exit" exhaust
* dry slipper clutch
post #7 of 10 Old 06-10-2006, 12:22 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I wonder what the requirements are for a bike to be considered a "production" bike so it can be raced in Superbike and Superstock classes? That thing would be a beast in AMA Superstock. And it would be an awesome platform for a AMA or WSBK bike. Of course, if you are Foggy-Petronas you don't have to make any bikes and you can still race your one-off specials in World Superbike. But that is another case.

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-10-2006, 12:53 AM
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to cain772 Send a message via Yahoo to cain772
i can't wait to see hondas rumored production v5.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
post #9 of 10 Old 06-10-2006, 12:57 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I am surprised that the motorcycle manufacturers haven't caught on yet that motorcycle owners (especially American sport bike enthusiasts) want as high a performance motorcycle as possible. And are willing to pay top dollar for it.

All the manufactures have to do is look at the aftermarket sales of performance parts. It is a booming industry. And if I could get a fully modded sport bike for what it would cost me to do it myself, I would.

Look at the R1 LE. The first run sold out immediately. So it is no surprise to me that the Ducati sold out. I fully expect the other manufacturers to put together high performace packages for their sport bikes and make them available. Honda's attempt by putting out the Repsol colors on a stock 1000RR was lame and that is why you can still find new Repsol's 1000RR's in dealers around the country.

It would be cool if Honda did put their V5 into showrooms and had their full traction control system on the bike. But I don't expect that to happen. Honda is too conservative.

If you gotta ask you can't afford it.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to madnessracing Send a message via MSN to madnessracing
im just waiting for the ZX10RR to come out..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in