Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

245 mph in the Mile - turbo Gen 2 ZX10

8K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  abdullah 
#1 ·
The bike ran pretty well at Maxton this weekend, 2 passes @ 243, and one at 245, the fastest 1000 in the mile. Around 30psi boost, ~450hp, no boost controller, no airshifter, I missed a shift on this pass.

I need to do a little work to get ready for the 1.5 mile event at Loring AFB up in Maine on July 16-17, where I'll shoot for 250 :mrgreen:

The 245 run was made with a hacked bellypan and airfilter in place.

See less See more
1 1
#33 ·
:thumbsup:eek:utfuckingstanding:thumbsup:

#35 ·
Ok guys I'm trying to reach 200, help me understand some of the science. At the risk of sounding like a noob, what are the mods I need to be making? I've got the flash, I'm just not sure what to do after I change chain and sprockets. What kind of tires/tire pressures are you running? What else?:dontknow:

#36 ·
Head out to the Mojave Mile in October and see how it runs as it is now, then you'll know how much work you'll need to do. But basically a slip-on that replaces the cat (I hear the stock header is good), a good map, 40psi in the tires, a couple teeth down on the rear sprocket, and practice your tuck. Paint yourself to the bike, get your helmet all the way down on the tank and hold it there. Push your butt as far back as you can. Shift near redline. If that doesn't do it for you, you can start working on the engine, or consider a small shot of nitrous.

Everyone should try a land speed event at least once. These bikes are so capable, it's a shame they can't really be used fully on the street.

#38 ·
Congratulation Dean :thumbsup:

It's ridiculous how your bike accelerate !!! :eek2:

It's looking good for Loring. I wish you to break 250 mph. :thumbsup:

I see you to Loring. :eek:ccasion1

#39 ·
Thanks Kawi9 - hope to see you there, going 200+ :)

Cody the chassis is 100% better than it was last year, it still shakes a bit, especially in the lower gears, but not bad. On the smooth surface of Loring it will be minimal. I have about 15lbs of ballast toward the front of the bike, 40lbs of lead shot in the swingarm, a Dan Kyle rebuilt damper, fresh 8W oil in the stock fork, and a stock shock set up by Traxxion Dynamics. Stock height front and rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.