2009 AMA race payouts - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-11-2008, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

2009 AMA race payouts

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=35162

Say what you will about the AMA debacle (sp?), but they have ponied up some major cash.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-12-2008, 09:45 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Honda withdrew its factory team today. So it looks like Yamaha is the only true factory team competing. Regardless of large purse money, this is starting to look a lot like club racing. I like club racing, but before this year, I'd skip a wera or ccs event to see AMA races, not so sure now.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-12-2008, 10:48 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Maybe, just maybe, these superstar riders that would have been on the factory teams, (now not doing anything) will find away to get on privateer or smaller team bikes and we will really have us some good racing. For that amount of money, I could see some of the big names getting on a privateer bike to compete, if it mean bringing home that much more of the purse.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-12-2008, 11:55 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Fuck the big names and factory sponsorships. That is what has killed AMA road racing up to now. About time for some fresh blood to come in and provide some good racing. And I am sure there will be new superstars made.

If you gotta ask you can't afford it.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-13-2008, 09:34 AM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by booken View Post
Fuck the big names and factory sponsorships. That is what has killed AMA road racing up to now. About time for some fresh blood to come in and provide some good racing. And I am sure there will be new superstars made.

You can't blame it on the riders, you and I would take the big money of the factory team too, if they offered it up, not their fault.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #6 of 11 Old 12-13-2008, 11:02 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'll be attending wera in 2009. If you are going to see club racing, might as well see real club racing and not some DMG garbage.

Face it DMG is now a certified joke.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-13-2008, 11:05 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to green_zx
Well if you think about it what a lot of the actions of the manufacturer's are implying is that there is little to no value in US AMA racing. The economic times are for sure hard but at the same time offer an easy cover to opt out for many of them. Most all the other series are thriving but we are langing behind. We will see if it will return to glory. But at the same time I think DMG is re-inventing the wheel in some cases. I think many people would like the series to some what model WSBK. I think if that happen it would be an easier sell. Who knows if it will work but I am going to ride the fence and hope for the best.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-13-2008, 02:09 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

True that an AMA privateer has no chance of beating a factory bike. But I don't see DMG/AMA winners stepping up to WSBK or especially Motogp, which is most of their hopes and dreams. Maybe DMG sees the series actually growing and rivaling the world championships someday. Maybe they see it growing to Nascar size proportions and actually luring top world series roadracers into DMG/AMA racing in the future. I can't follow their vision. All I see is it weakening an already weak contingent of American racers chances of making it big and graduating to the world stage. Along with preventing american racing fans the opportunity to see the best riders on the best equipment.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-13-2008, 05:43 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden41 View Post
All I see is it weakening an already weak contingent of American racers chances of making it big and graduating to the world stage. Along with preventing american racing fans the opportunity to see the best riders on the best equipment.
Well said
post #10 of 11 Old 12-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

Giving privateers a chance is a great idea, because i know there is a lot of talent out there. but like hayden said, if we dont have factory equipment how are the young guys ever going to have a chance to get world recognition let alone the opportunity to represent America. ill give it an open minded shot, but if it sucks im changing my DVR to WSBK and Moto GP only,

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in