Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Angry 1/4 Mile Times

Today I sucked big time!!!!! Here are my results of my best run:

60ft: 1.9
330ft: 4.5
1/8: 7.2 @ 111mph
1/4: 10.7 @ 138

I could do nothing right today. My launching sucks big time!!! Boy am I disapointed at myself. The 15T is so hard to launch.....I was hitting Redline before I even could get my feet up to shift to 2nd I would hit the rev limiter and then I would shift to second. This sucks big time....... I am beginning to dread going down the damn track.......... I guess I'll have a Rum and Coke and try to figure out how the hell to launch this damn bike......

"Best" (Time Slip Proof) Run so far :

60ft:1.7
1/8: 6.7 @ 113mph
1/4: 10.2 @ 142mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 03-05-2006, 05:35 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

It will come to you young JEDI just give it time.

RULE#1: I am always right. RULE#2: In case of doubt refer to rule#1
post #3 of 35 Old 03-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bragg10r
Today I sucked big time!!!!! Here are my results of my best run:

60ft: 1.9
1/8: 7.2 @ 111mph
1/4: 10.7 @ 138

I could do nothing right today. My launching sucks big time!!! Boy am I disapointed at myself. The 15T is so hard to launch.....I was hitting Redline before I even could get my feet up to shift to 2nd I would hit the rev limiter and then I would shift to second. This sucks big time....... I am beginning to dread going down the damn track.......... I guess I'll have a Rum and Coke and try to figure out how the hell to launch this damn bike......
bragg..you did better on the 16t....that's why I suggested it in the first place. That is you key for practice. When you get more seat time then move down. I ran all last year on one gear combo only for one reason....I need practice. Don't be dissapointed....stay consistant on one gear until you learn the bike and launch...when get alot better and a stagnant point then move down at that point. This is not only my personal point of view but things I read from Ryan Schnitz about starting high at first then go lower. You started high first and then went immediately to low, so take a breath and maybe get back to the original config. where you got your best time...and practice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 03-05-2006, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil
bragg..you did better on the 16t....that's why I suggested it in the first place. That is you key for practice. When you get more seat time then move down. I ran all last year on one gear combo only for one reason....I need practice. Don't be dissapointed....stay consistant on one gear until you learn the bike and launch...when get alot better and a stagnant point then move down at that point. This is not only my personal point of view but things I read from Ryan Schnitz about starting high at first then go lower. You started high first and then went immediately to low, so take a breath and maybe get back to the original config. where you got your best time...and practice.

Bloo,

I did the 10.5 @ 141 on the 17T, I never had the 16T!!!! I went straight to the 15T which was a bad move it seems!!!!! The speedo is so far off now it says i'm doing 159mph through the trap and I was only doing 138mph!!! I can't seem to launch this damn bike!! Everything I do it only seems to get worse. I moved up on the Tank. I moved my legs further out....I can't hit WOT because I'm scared to loop her!!!! HELP ME BLOO........RR........WHERE ARE YOU?????

post #5 of 35 Old 03-05-2006, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Ok, Ok, Ok....I'm gonna be honest here.......I don't WOT my bike coming off the line because I'm scared i'm gonna loop her......There now you know.....I'm scared to mess up and to end up with the bike on top of me, or worse getting thrown off my bike and it running into the damn wall.......So now you know the truth.....How can I over come this fear Bloo, or RR.......The few times I have tried to go WOT at the line I have put the nose in the air and shut her down......HELP ME.......THANKS....

post #6 of 35 Old 03-05-2006, 05:56 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Hey bragg, I do not drag, well at least for the moment, but isn't the clutch work needed? I prolly would not do a WOT either. You are more experienced in launches than me probably. I just do a launch to get to the first turn.

W.F.O.ing with style will bring life back into focus
post #7 of 35 Old 03-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bragg10r
Bloo,

I did the 10.5 @ 141 on the 17T, I never had the 16T!!!! I went straight to the 15T which was a bad move it seems!!!!! The speedo is so far off now it says i'm doing 159mph through the trap and I was only doing 138mph!!! I can't seem to launch this damn bike!! Everything I do it only seems to get worse. I moved up on the Tank. I moved my legs further out....I can't hit WOT because I'm scared to loop her!!!! HELP ME BLOO........RR........WHERE ARE YOU?????
17t...same thing..don't matter much when starting out. I never had a chance to see what my time would be on a 17t because I went out there with no experiance and a bike that wasn't even lowered. I would suspect though that not only could I get the same times with a 17t but maybe even better because I am so fast down the back stretch...because my 16t/40 requires more control from the start and not an expert at launching.

For me it's being consistant....don't worry about trying differant things each time...watch the Norman Jackson vid..start there and get a consistant stance...then from there it's all practice with throttle and clutch control. Don't worry about getting into the 9s right now. When I gave up on that I did the other things then all of a sudden I was knocking on the door for 9s. I know I am doing things wrong but know with many lauches and experiance on my bike I can make changes with confidence. It just doesn't happen overnight.

So, re-evalute...go out to the track as often as you can....and from your back stretch speeds I have seen you will be ok once you get some more practice.
post #8 of 35 Old 03-05-2006, 06:16 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

how much do you weigh again and explain to me how your rear suspension is set up. Is the rebound slow/fast, compression hard/soft??????

bragg10r

HACKSTALL RACING AND ENGINEERING (H.R.E)
post #9 of 35 Old 03-05-2006, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I weigh 180 naked....I just wear a jacket, gloves, helmet. No Race pants....My suspension is set for Fast Rebound, and compressin is Soft. Do you have a better way to set it up? I am lowerd 2 inches in the rear, and 1.5 in the front. I strap that bitch til the nose is about 1 inch from the fender. And with all that I still lift like a bitch at WOT in 1st Gear........I will just keep practicing my launches. I will go out everyday and go down a side street and practice WOT take offs. That is the only way I'm going to learn. I guess today was not a good day for me......Oh Well......Can't move up to fast.......Thanks for the comments....

post #10 of 35 Old 03-05-2006, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Ok...I have a question. When everyone is talking about clutch control, are we talking about not letting the clutch out all the way??? I always let the clutch out all the way, I guess i'm not slipping my clutch which is way i'm wheelie prone at WOT.. So if i launch at 4,000 rpm i should only let the clutch out until she grabs once she grabs go WOT and limit the amount of clutch that I let out? Once I start moving and get to redline then shift to 2nd Gear and WOT and from there WOT until the finish line???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in