'03 R1?.......hahahahahaha - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 06-14-2004, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

'03 R1?.......hahahahahaha

I went riding yesterday and one of my friends, who rides an '04 GIXR, told me he had invited another person who owns an '03 R1. He also commented that he wanted to see the R1 and the 10 "play around". After a couple of hours, we wound up on a very straight and open 4 lane road. I didn't realize it until it happened, but everyone had lined up behind me and sent the R1 to the front beside me. We were running about 70 and I went down into 4th when he pulled up. He looked over and I let him go first. When I saw his bike move, I nailed it. I couldn't believe it, but I instantly passed him and continued to leave him until I let off at 140.

He (and I) figured I had to have been one gear down on him, so this time, he waved three fingers and pointed to his bike. No problem. This time, I passed him quicker and by the time I got to 140 again, he was a small rider on a small bike in my left mirror. I didn't realize I was changing too soon (right after my default 10K shift light came on) and not using the bike's full potential, so this time I tried revving it a little longer.

The '04 Gixr tried the same thing with the same results, but he had his 120 lb wife on the back, so I don't consider that a race. His wife talked him into buying the Gixr instead of a 10 even though he is a Kaw man at heart. I know he regrets it, but hey, gotta live with them.....

The R1 and the Gixr both had slip-on pipes and my bike is completely stock, just passed 650 miles.

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with my SUPER-fast ORANGE 10.

Me STILL smiling.....

oh, I weigh about 160 and the R1 rider was prolly about 190? Gixr rider was about 200 w/ 120 lb wife. Just to give you an idear.

Gotta Love ORANGE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 06-14-2004, 09:23 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Afterburner
Stuff like this makes me happy.
________
MEXICO HOTELS

Last edited by Afterburner; 04-02-2011 at 11:54 AM.
post #3 of 28 Old 06-14-2004, 10:09 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

The moral of this story: Don't take motorcycle advise from your woman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 06-14-2004, 10:52 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
The moral of this story: Don't take motorcycle advise from your woman.
OMG - ROFL!!!

Xusia, H.S.B.E. (High Speed Bug Exterminator)

Got speed?!?
post #5 of 28 Old 06-15-2004, 12:05 AM
TAZ
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to TAZ Send a message via Yahoo to TAZ
good kill....
________
Homemade vaporizer without light bulb

Last edited by TAZ; 04-11-2011 at 01:15 PM.
post #6 of 28 Old 06-16-2004, 05:53 AM

Posting Frequency

I know how it feels :D
post #7 of 28 Old 07-28-2004, 11:03 PM

Posting Frequency

nice clean kill's that's what we wana see.....good job.
Shortie
post #8 of 28 Old 08-27-2004, 12:34 AM

Posting Frequency

U feel happy beating an 2003 R1? The bike has 137 RWHP to ur 154+ RWHP not to mention the weight difference of the bikes. U call that a match? Only if u were a novice and he were a pro racer can I call that a kill.... :D Beat up on 12R's,Busa's,04R1's,04G1k's,1000r's and I call it a kill. When I had my 02R1 I didn't want to race my friends cause it wasn't fair since all their bike were down on HP to me by over 25 so I only raced if they bothered me into it and didn't feel like anything cause they were alot slower and there was no way for me to lose and I won't call that a kill no matter how bad I smoked them.
post #9 of 28 Old 08-27-2004, 04:03 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneR1
U feel happy beating an 2003 R1? The bike has 137 RWHP to ur 154+ RWHP not to mention the weight difference of the bikes. U call that a match? Only if u were a novice and he were a pro racer can I call that a kill.... :D Beat up on 12R's,Busa's,04R1's,04G1k's,1000r's and I call it a kill. When I had my 02R1 I didn't want to race my friends cause it wasn't fair since all their bike were down on HP to me by over 25 so I only raced if they bothered me into it and didn't feel like anything cause they were alot slower and there was no way for me to lose and I won't call that a kill no matter how bad I smoked them.
While I would agree with some of your comments, I would have to say that I have a friend who has an '03 R1 and win, lose or draw, I don't think he would hesitate to take on a ZX10. His bike is very fast. I have ridden it a little and it is pretty impressive.
post #10 of 28 Old 08-28-2004, 11:23 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta xray
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneR1
While I would agree with some of your comments, I would have to say that I have a friend who has an '03 R1 and win, lose or draw, I don't think he would hesitate to take on a ZX10. His bike is very fast. I have ridden it a little and it is pretty impressive.
I am not commenting on the r1 rider cause if i were him i would try to also cause i am expected to lose but i am commentting on the 10r that finds that to be a kill. its a kill if the older r1 was equally matched hp wise not in bone stock. Also if the 10r rider was a novice and the r1 rider was a pro i can consider that be a kill cause experience brings about wins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in