** Spoiler ** Le Mans MotoGP - Thoughts on Rossi's tactics - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 05-21-2006, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

** Spoiler ** Le Mans MotoGP - Thoughts on Rossi's tactics

Hello All,

Guarenteed to open a can of worms this but watching the Le Mans MotoGP I had to seriously ask myself whether I thought the way rossi rode should be acceptable.

For those who haven't seen it on the first corner Rossi flew into the first corner very tight. He was going significantly faster than the bikes around him. As he has gone into the corner he has hit the rear of melandri, then hit the side of de puniet hard enough to knock him off and send colin edwards and 1 other dirt tracking. On the replay it looked as though he intentionally entered the corner tight and going that fast that he wouldn't take it without going right across the track. In normal circumstances this would be fine but on the first lap it meant he was always going to hit someone. Also Rossi is a GOD on a bike so if I can see he was going to go across the track he HAD to have known... Now I'm not saying that he was out to deliberately knock people off but more that he didn't care if he did.

I guess what I'm asking is is racing like you are driving a stock-car complete with full contact and pushing people off the road what we want in bike racing? Or am I just seeing things?

Let the flames begin.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-21-2006, 10:50 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

i think he is ready to leave bike racing ...seems like he is just ready to get in that ferrari and kiss bikes goodbye ...and yea he is the still king on two wheels .
post #3 of 15 Old 05-22-2006, 02:42 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I watched the race. I even taped it and watched that part over and over. I think Rossi was doing what ever he had to do to get up near the leaders. He didn't grid well so tried to make up for it at the start of the race. If I was De Puniet I would probably give Rossi a significant ass whooping after the race. But that is the way they race in Europe. It seems to be "No harm no foul" for the most part. It seems rather unsportmanly to us here in the U.S. but Europeans have a little different version of sportmanship.
I am not sure what Rossi's motivation is this year. He really has nothing to prove for himself. But maybe he just wants to show these midget children from the 250 ranks what real racing is all about.

If you gotta ask you can't afford it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-22-2006, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by booken
I watched the race. I even taped it and watched that part over and over. I think Rossi was doing what ever he had to do to get up near the leaders. He didn't grid well so tried to make up for it at the start of the race. If I was De Puniet I would probably give Rossi a significant ass whooping after the race. But that is the way they race in Europe. It seems to be "No harm no foul" for the most part. It seems rather unsportmanly to us here in the U.S. but Europeans have a little different version of sportmanship.
I am not sure what Rossi's motivation is this year. He really has nothing to prove for himself. But maybe he just wants to show these midget children from the 250 ranks what real racing is all about.
Dunno. I'm an aussie and lived for the last 3 years in the UK. I dont think they really see things that differently. When rossi pushed gibernau off the track at the beginning of last year it was all over the press.... I just think Rossi needs to remember the sportsmanship part of sports....
post #5 of 15 Old 05-22-2006, 04:42 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Macke
It looks like he was pushed a bit wide in the previous corner, and instead of backing of, he tried to defend his position, which meant that he came in way to fast with the line he had into the corner (over the curbs..).
He could probably have made it if he hadn't hit the reartyre of Melandri (was it?), which flipped his bike up, and made him go wide again. And there was "R.D.P"....

I'd call it a race incident, but I could have been avoided if Rossi would have backed off a bit when he ran wide in the first corner...
But he is probably a bitt stressed out now, with the terrible start to the season. He was desperate not to let the leaders get away...

If you can't race fast, atleast you can look fast...

post #6 of 15 Old 05-22-2006, 07:25 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I Tivo'd the race and watched this section in slo-motion over and over. It became clear to me that Pedrosa caused this problem by slicing across the whole field from far outside to the apex, chopping everyone off. Rossi had nowhere to go, and had to dodge outside, forcing de Puniet out. I didn't see any contact between Rossi and de Puniet, but Randy avoided colliding with Rossi, only to collide instead with Gibernau, wrecking and sending Sete into the gravel.

Don't see any other options for Rossi, given Pedrosa's move. The Rossi haters will no doubt disagree with me, but I suggest you watch it again, if you can.
post #7 of 15 Old 05-22-2006, 07:31 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneradten
i think he is ready to leave bike racing ...seems like he is just ready to get in that ferrari and kiss bikes goodbye ...and yea he is the still king on two wheels .
I think that he is ready to switch also

NESBA #88

Madness Racing wishes he could handle the power of a GSXR

All my homies left this site
post #8 of 15 Old 05-22-2006, 08:13 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
I Tivo'd the race and watched this section in slo-motion over and over. It became clear to me that Pedrosa caused this problem by slicing across the whole field from far outside to the apex, chopping everyone off. Rossi had nowhere to go, and had to dodge outside, forcing de Puniet out. I didn't see any contact between Rossi and de Puniet, but Randy avoided colliding with Rossi, only to collide instead with Gibernau, wrecking and sending Sete into the gravel.

Don't see any other options for Rossi, given Pedrosa's move. The Rossi haters will no doubt disagree with me, but I suggest you watch it again, if you can.
My first reaction was Rossi was playn ruff, he was deff. in a hurry to get w/the leaders. I do agree w/ CC. Pedrosa did start that mess. Any time you have a tight turn early in the first lap, someome is going down. It just happens.

Oh, and say what you want about Rossi. He passed and then walked the entire pack.
I hope his luck turns around this year. He will still push for title #8
post #9 of 15 Old 05-22-2006, 08:40 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Oh and great job Melandri and Hopper (other than tukn the front. I blame the Bridgestones)

Last edited by Sonic 10R; 05-22-2006 at 08:43 AM.
post #10 of 15 Old 05-22-2006, 09:00 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

i agree with cc, it was little dani who caused all the fuss. then rossi proceeded to absolutly demoralize poor little pedrosa. he absolutly smoked him. that was awesome to see. then, after rossis retirement, melandri promptly kicked his ass too. not a good day for pedrosa. it just goes to show, like he has done so many times, when valentino rossi is having a good day, and likes his bike set-up, no one can touch him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in