Donkey Found a Home Finally!!!!!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Donkey Found a Home Finally!!!!!!!

Well itís been fun Donkey has been to more places in the World then even your most traveled person or dignitaries in under 5yrs.

I will be shipping Donkey out to live his long years with Kenny Poppellís Dad also named Kenny Poppell. If you donít know who Kenny Poppell is he left us a few years back in a Tragic Motorcycle Accident.
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100321

He started on this site with a First Gen 10R and got quickly noticed on this site first how fast he can go and later became a ProStar Circuit Professional and eventually Won the Championship very quickly in 2007 on his Suzuki 1k.

Kenny was a great Internet friend of mine we use to talk late night when the chat room was active I still miss him always will. Guageline and Kenny purchased Donkey off ebay and started the World Tour, Donkey got lost more than a few times, one time we thought we lost him for good in Africa but with the World Wide Members we have here Donkey was recovered by another member named Bounce.

I fear itís just a matter of Time before Donkey will get lost forever so there is no better place for Donkey to Stay than with the Family of one of the Members that Started Donkey out on the Tour first for memories of what Kenny was apart of.

It doesnít mean we canít start another Tour with a different Mascot anyone can do that but Donkey I feel is best to stay for good with the Poppell family.

I want to thank everyone that got a chance to participate and share their experiences with Donkey and this site itís truly one of the most amazing stories on any internet site I believe you will ever find.

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38330

Bluedevil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DonkeyonKenny's Bike.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	185737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kenny.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	185745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kenny1.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	185753   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kennypic.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	185761  

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
RIP Kenny and long live Donkey in his new found home. Im glad I got to be a part of his journeys and I couldnt imagine a better home for him.

post #3 of 21 Old 03-27-2013, 07:09 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I never got a chance to watch over Donkey, but I was glad to be able to see his movements in this great forum. Love this place.
Enjoy your retirement Donkey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Cool story and a happy ending to his adventures! Definitely a nice tribute to Kenny.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #5 of 21 Old 03-27-2013, 08:17 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Thats awesome.... Donkey is in a great place now

Silly boys ninjas are for GIRLS
post #6 of 21 Old 03-27-2013, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Cool story and a happy ending to his adventures! Definitely a nice tribute to Kenny.
I think so f'sho what I want to do is send Donkey out with a laminated placard showing history around his neck so SR. Poppell can always read and share with the family....so here is my draft so far:

Hi My Name is ďDONKEYĒ

Yes I know thatís not a name thatís what I am but I never really had an Owner or Home so people just Call me Donkey.

Well the good friends of ZX-10R.net had an Idea to get a Site Mascot and Fly me all over the world to see the sights and report back with pictures. I was bought by a Friend of Kenny Poppell and Kenny and his friend was my first experience of Travel and Motorcycles. Kenny and his friends took me to the races and took pictures of me on their ZX10R bikes then off I went to Officially Kick off the World Tour for almost 5yrs, each member was only allowed to keep me 2 weeks and most took me to some incredible places and I meet many families, friends, dogs, cats and even got to go on some motorcycle rides too.

It wasnít without its problems though a few members got busy and left me in boxes sometimes to never be shipped out again. I was almost lost for good in Africa once but my Friends on the ZX-10R.net would not allow it. The Administrator put on the Home Page Missing Donkey alerts, the Moderators reached out to all members in the Area in Africa and a member Rode on his Motorcycle 2hrs on his own time to save me.

A Moderator and good friend of Kennyís on the ZX10R.net was keeping me safe after the Africa incident but he decided I needed a Real Home and to go back where I started. So I am happy to say I am back with the Poppell Family never to be lost again!!!

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #7 of 21 Old 03-28-2013, 01:47 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Brilliant Blue - what a great way to end all of Donkey's travels!!

The ZX10R - You'll go blind from over-exposure due to it's pure awesomeness!
post #8 of 21 Old 03-28-2013, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
Brilliant Blue - what a great way to end all of Donkey's travels!!
Thanks Bounce I was hoping you would chime in after all we all including the Poppell family owe you great thanks....your approval means so much to me I thank you.

PS..Poppell family Bounce is the one that rescued Donkey in Africa

Bloo

post #9 of 21 Old 03-28-2013, 08:50 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome Home Donkey...

Thank you Bloo,
For all the time and effort you put in,in getting Donkey connected with this new generation of members that got to experience the pleasures of Donkey.
I for one Enjoyed seeing his ventures,along with sharing the Indy adventures he shared while in my care.
Thank you All for the time we got to share while Donkey maybe shared when Donkey was with you.
Welcome Home Donkey.its been a long tedious journey!
Sincerely, Glockt..

US Army Proudly Served
Those who Run,will only Die,Tired!
Indy Southside Sportbike Riders Association
2006 Lime Green wheel barrow,with stuff on it!
post #10 of 21 Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
. If you donít know who Kenny Poppell is he left us a few years back in a Tragic Motorcycle Accident.
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100321
Wow, I didn't even know until now! I was busy with a firstborn, damnit that sucks to hear. Good to see Donkey going to a good place!

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Member of The Elite - Growler Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in