LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 Old 07-02-2018, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post
Hey Peter,

Tracking # showed it left Florida on a plane 2 days ago. Should be almost there lol.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input (link to track)

LA161300505US (customs #)

Sorry man I thought I told you I recieved it!its forking magic mate!it was so easy to fit and now I can go wot with ease!because I have a 7" Titanium plate in my right wrist it doesn't bend!I Have to move my forearm to get on the gas and you couldnt crack it wide open in 1 movement!it was like I had to get another grip on it!so if I was having a bit of a drag with someone I could only get to 3/4 of the throttle!now I can twist full throttle and bang the quickshifter knowing my forearm and wrist covers the whole throttle action!thank you so much man and like I have said I'm coming over to the States to catch up with members and buy you a beer or whateva you drink and shake your hand!thanks again if there's anything you want from Aus just say mate it's covered ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 Old 08-24-2018, 01:17 PM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
I noticed rifleman's inactivity here and sent him an email and a PM 2 weeks ago just in case, no response yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T Performance View Post
from everything I have read you can get the same mod with a r6 throttle tube I have one on order for my ninja 300
Can anyone clarify which R6 throttle tube I would need to buy for my Gen5 to get the 1/5th turn throttle?

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
post #23 of 33 Old 08-24-2018, 01:53 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
I noticed rifleman's inactivity here and sent him an email and a PM 2 weeks ago just in case, no response yet.

Can anyone clarify which R6 throttle tube I would need to buy for my Gen5 to get the 1/5th turn throttle?
You want the R6(R) throttle tube. Here is the motion pro equivalent I installed about a month ago.

As you can see from the amazon images it will require some modification. One of the ends needs to be drilled out, so if you've got a drill or drill press and a vise you'll have this thing drilled out in a matter of seconds. Make sure you use white lithium grease or something to lube the inside up as well. NOTE: you will need to smooth out the drilled end with sand paper because the drilling heats of the nylon enough to gum up that end. You'll know how much you need to sand because it won't be able to slide completely on the bar till it's smooth.

When in doubt... send it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 Old 08-24-2018, 02:02 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
G2 is another option.
dudewhrsmybike likes this.
post #25 of 33 Old 08-26-2018, 06:53 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddipaola View Post
You want the R6(R) throttle tube. Here is the motion pro equivalent I installed about a month ago.
https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-01...70_&dpSrc=srch
As you can see from the amazon images it will require some modification. One of the ends needs to be drilled out, so if you've got a drill or drill press and a vise you'll have this thing drilled out in a matter of seconds. Make sure you use white lithium grease or something to lube the inside up as well. NOTE: you will need to smooth out the drilled end with sand paper because the drilling heats of the nylon enough to gum up that end. You'll know how much you need to sand because it won't be able to slide completely on the bar till it's smooth.
Any tutorial or videos on how to do this mod?
post #26 of 33 Old 08-27-2018, 07:52 AM
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage

I use the Graves with no complaints...
bbsteinnewyork likes this.

"You must subsume yourself to the bike"-Casey Stoner

"Theres a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #27 of 33 Old 08-27-2018, 07:54 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diescrap95 View Post
Any tutorial or videos on how to do this mod?
Super easy man! No tutorial necessary; all you need is a few tools. If you're handy, its a good way to save a few bucks without having to go OEM. I'm pretty handy especially with bikes so this seriously from start to finish this job took no more than 20 minutes!
Tools: vise, drill, sandpaper, screw driver, air compressor, lithium grease (or some kind of thin lube)
Steps:
1: Remove OEM bar-end weight (it's loctited on there so don't worry it will come off with the correct hex head & a little muscle)
2: Remove OEM grip with air compressor (see YouTube for how-to if necessary), comes off in seconds.
3: Unscrew/dissemble throttle cable case on handlebar
4: Remove OEM throttle tube
5: Drill out one end of Motion Pro throttle tube
6: Clean up drilled end of throttle tube (when drilling, the heat generated tends to cause the plastic to gum up, this will prevent the tube from sliding on the handlebars smoothly. Sand or file the inside of the throttle tube until you can easily slide it all the way on your bar.)
7: Lube the inside of the throttle tube after you've verified it will slide freely on the bar
8: Slide on tube and re-install throttle cable case
9: Re-install OEM or replacement grip with air compressor (ensure your new throttle tube is free of any lube on the outside)
10: Adjust cables accordingly

If you really need a video, just let me know and I can upload one for you lol. I won't be able to do 100% of everything since all the work is done but I can visually show you the steps.

When in doubt... send it!

Last edited by ddipaola; 08-27-2018 at 08:03 AM.
post #28 of 33 Old 08-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks ddipaola... It seems easy enough.
post #29 of 33 Old 09-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Well I finally got the tube, install went well since the throttle tube end can be popped out. Its about the same fit with the Motion pro tube, Although with this tube you will need some grip glue since it so slick you can just pop the grips kinda easy. Got everything back in in half an hour, adjusted the cables and it seems fine. I'll wait a day or 2 so I can test drive it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2727.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	419709   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2728.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	419711  
post #30 of 33 Old 09-05-2018, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Honestly it will give you a feeling of fark!dont think as you will what your brain,hand are use to!everything happens a little bit different to oem throttle!take your time for 5-10 minutes to recalibrate your throttle hand and where the berries come on a lot quicker than before!I stalled the bitch twice like a novice and after that my Nuviz speakers on gps kept giving me warnings I was over the speed limit!Im going to turn that pesky bitch off
Boxtradamus and Diescrap95 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in