ZX6r Vs ZX10r - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-24-2005, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

ZX6r Vs ZX10r

I recently been considering chopping in my 04 ten and replacing it with an 05 six.The reasoning behind this is that I think I'm becoming a lazy rider and I'm suffering because of it,ie using the bikes power to go faster and braking some times too hard rather than working the bike properly thru the corners. So with that in mind I poped over to the bike dealers on Thursday morning and took out a GSXR 600 an ok bike but guttless,then the 05 ZX636 and I was amazed how capable this bike is,it has smooth tourqe and plenty of power the handling is sublime and seems a much more pure riding experience(never have been one for straight line speed bikes are all about corners for me).
The only headache for me is that I have done a ream of mods to my ten:-Remus pipe,powercommander,K&N fiter,Brembo M/C,Ohlins damper,Ohlins shock,ZX6rr suspension rocker,Fast action twist grip,Goodrich lines,DBR rearsets,and a cpouple of items to pretty it up fender eliminator,exhaust hanger,and solo cowl.I have also spent hours setting up the suspension and IMO it's one of the best setup ZX10s on the road and it's all mine(set up for me),so I am loathe to part with it but am not getting the satisfaction riding it that I crave on the road as i'm only using a fraction of the bikes capabilities, whereas on the six I was able to cane the tits of it and came back with the biggest grin.
Now the deal I can get is good and I know the ten will go to a good home cos the salesman (a very close friend of mine)will have it and will use it to race the TT on it wether I sell it to him or not thats agreed.but I've put so much time and effort into it I'm torn, so your advice and comments would be greatly welcomed good and bad.
I'm off over to the shop again to day to take the demo out for the whole day on roads I know well and to ride them back to back.

wait till you see the marshalls scatter then brake!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-24-2005, 04:11 AM
talker of shite

Posting Frequency

Keep the 10 Chico,look what El D has been saying ,as he went down that road.If you want a bike to rip the tits off you could always buy an older 636 or 6r for a few grand.I reckon you would miss your 10 too much!

Has anyone seen my marbles ?
post #3 of 5 Old 09-24-2005, 04:25 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno22
look what El D has been saying ,as he went down that road. :

same thing I was thinking.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Well, you do have a point. A litre will make you lazy and spoil you on the street. The 636 is fast, but it makes you work a little harder for the power. Make sure you really want to have to work for it before you trade. I didn't truly realize how different the nature of the 636 would be compared to the 10's nature before I traded. If I had known, I wouldn't have traded. I traded for the wrong reasons...

You'll get what you said you want with the 636, but make sure the nature of the beast is also acceptable. I simply don't like the high winding nature of the 600's for my uses. If you don't mind keeping the wick turned up all the time it might be a good move for you. Not for me...

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

Si vis pacem, para bellum...

El Diablo
post #5 of 5 Old 09-24-2005, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for your comments and advice guys. I spent most of today riding the 636 around my "personal racetrack" ie the local roads and had an absoulutely wicked time and am totally knackerd. El D I understand completely what youre saying about working the engine but I really enjoyed that, also the corner speed of the 6 is impressive as my toe sliders and the pegs will testify to (keep my knees tucked in on the road just shift my body weight a little). I found I could go hammering up to a corner roll of a bit turn it harder than the ten and open the throttle sooner and power out from the apex out carrying much more corner speed.the only down side I found with the 6 was the suspension seemed a little soft for me and I really don't like underseat pipes. Alas I'm still in a quandry cos I do love my ten for what it is.
my other half asked me a very pertinent question if I had both in my drive which would I choose to jump on a go for a thrash and I'm sorry to say I'd choose the 6 just because of the fact it's more involving and exciting to ride (yes I know the 10 will wheely out of corners and will spin up at will but crave corner speed and lean like a junkie craves his drugs).the best comparison I can find is sex, one is an amazing shag but at the end your still left wanting. the other goes like a tazmanian devil and still begs for more.
decision still not made,I might have to keep the 6 for the week and see what it's like to live with.I'd like to have both but am buying a new house so I'm skint.thanks again for your comments guys this is one of the hardest choices I've ever made maybe another trackday is in order,I think the shop might draw the line at me trackdaying their demo though can but ask eh!

wait till you see the marshalls scatter then brake!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in