Zx-14 Hp - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 09-23-2005, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Zx-14 Hp

Just for what its worth i wanted to share some info i got from work. I work at a dealership in the midwest and the boss just got back from the Kawasaki convention or whatever show they put up for the dealers before they put in their orders. He said the Kawasaki guys told him they were aiming for 200 hp at the wheels with the Zx-14 and they reached that goal. Now i dont have anything to back up this claim seeing how it was 2nd hand info. But i just wanted to share what i heard. He brought back Kawasaki's press release for the 06 models . It doesnt give any HP ratings but states what features each bike has. I looked thru it the 10 is fucken ugly but it did get several changes. Those exhaust cans are simply hideous!! The 14 looks like a cross between a RF900/ZX10 and Busa.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 09-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethsZX10
The 14 looks like a cross between a RF900/ZX10 and Busa.
So does it look like a good looking mutt or the hideous alley mutts? Just asking but I'm going to check it out for myself Dec.17th in San Jose, CA
post #3 of 21 Old 09-23-2005, 07:15 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

200hp at the wheel huh??? maybe on the dyno Sport Rider uses.... :)
post #4 of 21 Old 09-24-2005, 01:00 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm really interested in the direction the zx-14 is going to take things. sounds like a fun bike but will it be as hard to work on as the zx-12??
it does have the same profile from the side as the busa...Kawasaki realized that the busa would pull the same if not more top speed with less power then what the 12 made. aerodynamics were where the advantage played out.

I'd buy 200 at the crank but not at the rear wheel....not in a production bike. :headshake

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
post #5 of 21 Old 09-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

A friend of mine just went to the Kawi dealer show and with all the prying in the world he couldn't get any numbers because nobody there knew themselves. Someone is being creative.. Maybe 200 at the crank but I still doubt that.
post #6 of 21 Old 09-24-2005, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Like i said this was 2nd hand info with no evidence to back it up. I'm just curious as we all are on what kind of power it is gonna make.

post #7 of 21 Old 09-25-2005, 04:10 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The 10 makes 180 or so at the crank, and 155 at the wheel. 200 at the crank for a 1350 isn't out of the question, but at the wheel?

Can a 35% displacement increase alone account for a 29% bhp bump? It's not out of the question, but there is obviously more at play than displacement. Can a production vehicle do those numbers and maintain reliability and emissions standards, etc.,...?

Thou Shalt Respect Thy 10, And Revel In It's Power, For It Is Good, And Plentiful.
post #8 of 21 Old 09-25-2005, 09:32 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm concerned about the weight. Let's say it really does make 200 hp at the rear wheel. It would then need to weigh less than 480 lbs dry for it to have a better power-to-weight ratio than the ZX-10. How likely is that? I've really become spoiled by the lightness of today's literbikes. I don't want to have to push some pig around in the garage.

Dave

The state is the great fictitious entity by which everyone seeks to live at the expense of everyone else. --Frederic Bastiat
post #9 of 21 Old 09-25-2005, 09:43 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptoman
I'm concerned about the weight. Let's say it really does make 200 hp at the rear wheel. It would then need to weigh less than 480 lbs dry for it to have a better power-to-weight ratio than the ZX-10. How likely is that? I've really become spoiled by the lightness of today's literbikes. I don't want to have to push some pig around in the garage.

wellyour right and wrong... if the bike makes a boatload of torque down low it may be able to overcome that slight power to weight disadvantage.

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
post #10 of 21 Old 09-25-2005, 09:59 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Pressley10r
i think it will have its place, in certain circles, but it will be a "pig" i think it will be about the same in weight to whatever a busa is but have more hp. Its definitely not the bike for me....and are we all looking at the same bike?? cause the one im seeing is the ugliest thing ive evr seen

BIKES ARE THE FASTEST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in