Your Worst Encounter With An SUV - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 12-24-2008, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to ol_dog_big_balls
Your Worst Encounter With An SUV

Lets here your stories about bad experiences with an SUV and a moron driver.

Mine:
I was turning left onto a main road in Killeen, Texas. Both the left and right lane turn onto the main road. There was a Civic in front of me in the left lane and an Expedition next to him in the right lane. The light turned green and the Civic in front of me began to turn and the lady in the Expedition was sitting there. She finally started to turn as I was coming past her and cut across the lane I was in. I caught what she was doing out of my periferals but was pinched between the traffic stopped at the light and the car in front of me. I leaned over enough to touch the factory peg feeler and sqwerted the throttle which gave me enough to shoot myself between the Civic and the Stoped traffic (all 1 and half feet) . My back tire was under her running board and left a nice darky on the pavement. The light ahead turned red. So we stoped got off my scooter and went up to her window and tapped on the glass. She peeled out onto the median and jumped the curb to get to the access road and took off. Not 2 minutes down the road towards my house I get pulled over by the Killeens Finest for harrassment. Tell me that isnt some garbage. I dont think I stopped shaking for an hour.

You always have the experience 3 seconds after you really needed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 12-24-2008, 04:09 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Holy Chit bro! I have been cut off so many times it is an everyday occurance heh...but a good one I remember:

Was riding my old 600 in less than ideal conditions (cold tires/cold road) in Kenosha at night...I was staying on the outskirt roads which are two lanes and the speed limit varies from 40-45 mph. Well apparently everyone in this retarded town thinks its a great idea to drive their hulking trucks literally four feet of my rear tire. The closer the asshat got to me from behind the closer I ended up riding to the guy in the Black on black/tinted black SUV in front of me. So now I am too close to the black wall of an SUV in front of me and the turd-burglar behind me kept getting closer and trying to maintain his four feet from me as I tried to get away from him...lemme just say here that I hate tinted windows on SUV's and any other tall vehicles because they are so tall you can't see over them...and with tinted black windows I can't see through them either to see what is happening in front of them.

So now I got an asshole right on my rear tire..and a black wall right off my front tire...and no openings to get away from either. I remember thinking to myself that this was dangerous and I wanted to get into the right lane and hope those idiots were not quite as dumb. Well right as I was thinking I NEEDED to get away from these guys...the black SUV in front hit his brakes so hard I thought his back tires were going to leave the ground! I hit the brakes instantly but it was still too late. I couldn't hit them too hard anyways or I would have just lost traction because of the cold conditions. Right after I hit the brakes I instinctively leaned the bike to the right and ended up lane splitting. (illegal in Wisconsin) Thank god the guy in the right lane slightly behind my position saw this and hit his brakes to help give me an escape route. After the split I got in the right lane and got up right next to the SUV that was in front.

By this time I am so pissed I am standing up on my bike and flailing my left arm in a, "I'll fucking kill you" manner heh. I was pretty shook up after this and was seriously contemplating following this guy and dragging him out of his truck. Decided against it but only because I was already late and didn't feel like catching a charge for crushing this guys face. Still hope I run into this clown when I am out on my 10 now. He won't recognize me because I have a different bike and different gear now...I guarantee I will recognize that SUV though! LOL.

I have a bunch more stories similar to this one...is it just me or are cagers getting dumber at a geometric rate???

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #3 of 20 Old 12-24-2008, 04:48 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Not really a suv story more a honda civic and dumba$$ bitch story.

Leave names and streets out of this. I was riding down a 4 lane *highway* with my buddy in front leading. He goes pass this civic well when I started to follow she decided that she needed in front of me that very second. Bad thing was there was nobody behind us she could have easily waited and got behind me. Well she comes over pretty as you please and I get on the brakes quick. Well we pull up to the light and I knock on her window yelling WTF. The bitch started to laugh. At this point I'm pissed beyond belief. Light turns green we go and then the funniest thing happens, her passenger side mirror fell off. I don't know what happened next cause I made my turn at the next light and went home as it was 2:00-2:30 in the morning. Never heard anything else about it. My buddy laughs his ass everytime he sees me cause thats all he can think about. I mean what is so funny about my zx-10r flying past a car and the mirror falls off. It's not my fault he had to dodge it and then play catch up.

2006 ZX-10R Black "Snake Eyes"
starrotors.com 6000k h.i.d. kit, T-rex frame sliders, Nissin Calipers, Galfer HH pads, Galfer SS brake lines, Puig DB windscreen, Micron exhaust, Powerbronze carbon fiber, Driven grips, Pazzo levers, and Gilles rearsets.

Note: Pray for peace, train for war. There can be no freedom without sacrifice.

"remember pain is temporary but quitting last forever. Feed the warrior"

Last edited by superman10r; 12-24-2008 at 04:50 AM.
post #4 of 20 Old 12-24-2008, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to ol_dog_big_balls
Yeah Brother, Cage Drivers are getting Dumber. It requires no skill or attention.

What part of Wisconsin are you from?

You always have the experience 3 seconds after you really needed it.
post #5 of 20 Old 12-24-2008, 06:54 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Grease
:headshake

Bikes: '88 EX250 (sold), '86 Nighthawk S (sold), '03 ZX7R (R.I.P.s), '07 ZX10R (sold)

I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders.
My idea of 'gun control' is putting as many bullets as I can into the same hole.

- Ted Nugent
Iím all for gun control, I just define it a little differently. If you can put 2 rounds into the same hole from 25 meters, thatís gun control!
- Jesse Ventura
God gave man a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to run one at a time. - Stephen E. Ambrose
post #6 of 20 Old 12-24-2008, 07:47 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol_dog_big_balls View Post
Yeah Brother, Cage Drivers are getting Dumber. It requires no skill or attention.

What part of Wisconsin are you from?
Southeast Wisconsin. Racine/Kenosha area...right in Between Chicago and Milwaukee if you are not familiar. Cheers bro

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #7 of 20 Old 12-24-2008, 07:47 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease View Post
:headshake

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #8 of 20 Old 12-24-2008, 08:10 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
QUOTE=superman10r;1110737]Not really a suv story more a honda civic and dumba$$ bitch story.
Light turns green we go and then the funniest thing happens, her passenger side mirror fell off. I don't know what happened next cause I made my turn at the next light and went home as it was 2:00-2:30 in the morning. Never heard anything else about it. My buddy laughs his ass everytime he sees me cause thats all he can think about. I mean what is so funny about my zx-10r flying past a car and the mirror falls off. It's not my fault he had to dodge it and then play catch up.[/QUOTE]

LOL you sure you didn't happen to bump that mirror LOL when you went past her?? thats awesome i would have punched that thing as I went by LOL
post #9 of 20 Old 12-24-2008, 11:58 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

...long story real short:

I buy a BRAND NEW model year bike in 03 (SV1000S). Less than 24 hours later I'm going downa street. Guy in a jeep at a stop sign looks left right-the-fuck-at-me-with-eye-contact coming down the road, looks right, then pulls out 15 feet in front of me at about 20mph. Bike missed most of the jeep, I missed most of the bumper. It gets better: when the cop shows up (the guy wouldn't get out of his car until he did... perhaps in part to my "invitations" and gesticulating) and tells me through some mystic math that I was going 25 in a 20 mph zone ("I ride a harely... I know how these things work" he says), and then proceeds NOT to write anyone a ticket because, and I quote, "I didn't actually see anything happen here". Now the insurance company for the douche bag won't pay up becuase I'm in North Carolina and I'm now "partially responsible" for the incident becuaseof my "speed" (NC is a "contributory negligence" state... go look that up if you live there). Now I'm a poor lower enlisted kid who just saved up all his penies/loans for the last year for the cool new bike of his dreams (I was a twin guy back then, no hating) with a totalled front end on a bike that they didn't even have a parts fiche for yet in the states.... just plain fucked.

That one hurt a lot worse than the other two times I've been hit by cars... there is just no words to describe how shitty that felt.

....I'm at least going through the windshield of the next guy and getting my money's worth.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 12-24-2008 at 12:00 PM.
post #10 of 20 Old 12-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

video!!!!

wait till the end!!!

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in