In Your Own Opinion... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 04-07-2008, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to 40thStreetBlack
In Your Own Opinion...

I've been pondering this for a while. Times have changed from when we all were kids to what's going on today. In your own opinion...

What do you think is wrong with America, and also, offer a solution to fix what you think is wrong.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 04-07-2008, 08:34 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
What has gone wrong with America? Well, you can't discipline your children anymore or you will get sued. So the younger generation does not respect anything or anyone. Children today are handed stuff left and right instead of working for it. For example, cars or cell phones. Mommy and Daddy pay for everything instead of teaching them responsibility. Me personally I am only 26 and I pay for my own college and I am working full-time to pay for my school. I pay for my own vehicle so I respect it and dont' go an beat the hell outa it or destroy it. I am ont sure if thats the response you were looking for but thats where i think some problems are
post #3 of 26 Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckz88 View Post
What has gone wrong with America? Well, you can't discipline your children anymore or you will get sued. So the younger generation does not respect anything or anyone. Children today are handed stuff left and right instead of working for it. For example, cars or cell phones. Mommy and Daddy pay for everything instead of teaching them responsibility. Me personally I am only 26 and I pay for my own college and I am working full-time to pay for my school. I pay for my own vehicle so I respect it and dont' go an beat the hell outa it or destroy it. I am ont sure if thats the response you were looking for but thats where i think some problems are
i agree i have both bikes and pay for both and pay my insurance, car payment, so on and so on, but the thing im more concerned about is when i hear on the radio when a 6 yr old or a 11 year old is getting suspended for sexual harrassment... wtf is that, seems like everything is blown out of proportion these days, and everybody sues for any reason and always wins no matter how stupid the situation may be, we have no freedom of speech any more because anything we say can be used against us, also since im at college right now, its a joke, its so easy to cheat and anybody could get a degree for anything now a days pretty easily but not no shit about it out in the real world. thats enough for now, im sure ill think of more though...

post #4 of 26 Old 04-07-2008, 09:01 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

to many cry babies out there. as a little kid. we use snap the girls back strap on there bra. it gave a little sting, Hell, we didn't know why they wore them in the first place. Now, a kid do that. he kick out of school for sexual harassment. put a guy on death row and it takes 20 years to carry it out. Crooks have more rights then us. Parents not putting there foot down with there kids. kids are given anything they want. make them work for it. make them know the meaning of a dollar.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #5 of 26 Old 04-07-2008, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to 40thStreetBlack
I think there is a problem with the justice system, for starters. The punishment should fit the crime. Eye for an Eye... If a man rapes a women, then he should be castrated, if a person steals, cut off his hand... Now-a-days, people can get off for doing the more serious crimes, and get longer sentences for doing petty crimes.

post #6 of 26 Old 04-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Gun Owning Republican

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Ervins
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40thStreetBlack View Post
I've been pondering this for a while. Times have changed from when we all were kids to what's going on today. In your own opinion...

What do you think is wrong with America, and also, offer a solution to fix what you think is wrong.
This is a sour point for me...What is wrong is parents no longer discipline their children properly and teach them to RESPECT and Treat Others The Way They Would Want TO Be Treated. Kids also are more exposed to garbage on TV than we used to...Seems like Thug Life is in style as opposed to the Wall Street (Movie) life I aspired for as a kid. Heck if I was out of line as a kid, I knew my parents were waiting to take me to town...No you can not do that...Now America is full of kids who Parent themselves and think they are "right".

I fear for Americas future. I really do...Just read the world news everyday and we just slowly loose more grip on what we had from the past. We are not down an out but unless things change soon...You will see the Euro as a standard.

By the way, here is a good example of it...When I was an engineering student. It seemed everyone was from China or India...You would hardly see any white or black kids...Then recently I saw a study where it seems more than 50% of all new engineering students were foreigners...

Raise your kids right and for God's sakes, help them choose a career...Yes CAREER.

2006 ZX-10R SOLD, 2005 KX250F, and 2007 YZ85
and a Ton of Guns
I will never own a Honda again.

www.ema-usa.com
Motorcycle Parts and Accessories
post #7 of 26 Old 04-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Retired post whore

Posting Frequency

I'm going to agree with Ervins. I have to blame the problems with todays youth on poor upbringing by the parent(s). I see this everyday at work. Kids are getting worse and worse. We have some kids that are 14 years old and already confirmed gang members. Violence has become the norm, drug dealing glorified and they respect no one - not even their own parents. It infuriates me when I'm driving through a neighborhood in a marked unit and see young kids spit as I go by. Job security for me yes, but not a very promising future for us.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmond Burke (1729-1797)
post #8 of 26 Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Speaking of the justice system.....a 9 year old boy and his mother were rearended at a stop light by a 20 something year old kid driving and not paying attention, their car went forward, hit a guy on a motorcycle killing him as well. The boy was severed in half and him and his mom were killed on impact. It was a 4 runner hitting a 4 door honda accord...4 runner was going about 60mph in a 35mph zone. The guy is getting at most 2 years in jail for each person that was killed so at most this dude is serving 6 years in prison and he won't even see that from what the lawyers think. Three innocent people killed cause some dumbass not paying attention and he's only going to jail for a few years...what the hell is that? If I wanna kill someone I'm going to NC and just going to run them over and say it was an accident. Hold people responsible for their actions...accidents do happen, but the bigger your mistake the bigger the consequences are and to me that just doesn't seem like justice to all the families and friends affected by one persons carelessness.

Sorry just wanted to get that out.

"You can't trust anyone, not even your own asshole; sometimes you think you're gonna fart and you sh*t."
post #9 of 26 Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien10 View Post
I'm going to agree with Ervins. I have to blame the problems with todays youth on poor upbringing by the parent(s). I see this everyday at work. Kids are getting worse and worse. We have some kids that are 14 years old and already confirmed gang members. Violence has become the norm, drug dealing glorified and they respect no one - not even their own parents. It infuriates me when I'm driving through a neighborhood in a marked unit and see young kids spit as I go by. Job security for me yes, but not a very promising future for us.

"You can't trust anyone, not even your own asshole; sometimes you think you're gonna fart and you sh*t."
post #10 of 26 Old 04-07-2008, 12:14 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Personal Responsibility
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in