your first time - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 01-01-2009, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to fbmbks
your first time

I know you all remember your first time getting on a bike, its an experience Ill never forget, you get on top of her, legs shaking from anticipation and all you wonna do is turn her on, now im talking bout bikes here, my first bike was an 02 zx6r, i went to NJ w a friend to pick her up, i road it for the first time that night driving it home to park in the garage then got it registered and everything the next day, went for a 2 hour ride with my friend and ever since have loved it, now whats your first time experience?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 01-01-2009, 02:51 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

My first time on a bike wasn't my own. I was riding a POS 125 or 200 (can't remember) early eighties Yamaha. The throttle spring was shot so wide open throttle that had to be manually closed. I was 14 and had only ridden my 86 250R 4wheeler. I came in hot to give the guy his bike back. Not used to having to manually closing a thottle. I grabbed a hand full of front brake the rear didn't work especially with the engine at full bore. I slid into the sand ridge that was built up from people spinning out as they made the corner. Over the handbars I went and landed about 10 feet infront of where the bike stopped (about feet passed the sand ridge). I dusted myself off and let the guy have is ride back. Everybody had a pretty good laugh.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #3 of 23 Old 01-01-2009, 07:38 AM
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to bodymanruss518
LOL.......i was fresh out of high school working at a local station pumpin gas and a cowoker let me ride his 750 shaft-drive Virago!,.......I was hooked!!
Congrats to ya too Howie,..saw your bike in the raeder's rides section of SSB!!,..?......or was it 2WT?.......anyway,.......props to ya bro!

Better to have a gun and not need one, than to need a gun and not have one!!.......

you can lose money chasing women, but,......
you'll never lose women chasing money!!....
post #4 of 23 Old 01-01-2009, 07:41 AM
welds like he has palsy

Posting Frequency

I was about 7 years old on an old 1980-something Yamaha MX 80. That was about 23 years ago and I still remember it. I never wanted to ride my bicycle again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green10 View Post
speakers on a zx10 is like shitting in your bathwater!!!
post #5 of 23 Old 01-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

1965...bought a Triumph Bonneville demonstrator from a dealer.....threw a leg over, came to my first turn....and went straight...didn't know how to turn the bike.....good thing there was no traffic coming the other way....

That was such a bitchin' bike...loved it....changed the oil automatically...LOL

That bike could out handle all my buddies on 350 Honda's...

post #6 of 23 Old 01-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Gun Owning Republican

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Ervins
Bought my 636 got on and never looked back...It was powerful for a first bike but I have a lot to live for and that kept me in check.

2006 ZX-10R SOLD, 2005 KX250F, and 2007 YZ85
and a Ton of Guns
I will never own a Honda again.

www.ema-usa.com
Motorcycle Parts and Accessories
post #7 of 23 Old 01-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wicked Send a message via MSN to wicked Send a message via Yahoo to wicked
i was on a minibike at 5 or 6...a moped a couple years after that...but my first 'real' mototcycle was a honda mt125 dual sport with all the road stuff inop...kick start...was a beast...i just remember thinking over and over 'this one has gears...you have to remember the gears' lol that was (jesus) 30ish years ago

- Doc
post #8 of 23 Old 01-01-2009, 10:43 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

first time was about 12 years ago, it was a 1992 zx7....stalled out like 8 times. hahha
post #9 of 23 Old 01-01-2009, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to fbmbks
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodymanruss518 View Post
LOL.......i was fresh out of high school working at a local station pumpin gas and a cowoker let me ride his 750 shaft-drive Virago!,.......I was hooked!!
Congrats to ya too Howie,..saw your bike in the raeder's rides section of SSB!!,..?......or was it 2WT?.......anyway,.......props to ya bro!
what??? I have no idea what you are talking about, to my knowledge it hasnt been in a magazine

post #10 of 23 Old 01-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

It was 1980, I threw a leg over a homebuilt with a 5hp Briggs+Straton lawnmower engine bolted in that was owned by my cousin. I was 8 years old. It was a short ride across a field ending in a crash but you could not have smacked the smile off my face after that ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in