Why we do what we do... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 415 Old 07-27-2006, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Lightbulb Why we do what we do...

OK so I've noticed as of late somethings that made me think...thought I'd pass them along...here goes.

It seems to me that alotta folks do whats right according to themselves. I will have to admit, that on occation I am good at rationalizing things, to make it what I want...but Im thinking more along the lines of morals.

Perhaps folks dont even realize they do this???

Seems that for most instances, folks are good at heart, but when it comes to a time that doing the wrong thing will benifit NUMERO UNO, then it becomes ok cross the line. Then we hear the "reasoning for it" ahem EXCUSE ahem...

for those of you whom I've lost...Ill give an example.

Abortion:

No one will argue that killing a baby is wrong. Everyone will say thats appauling Im sure! But for abortion...it all of a sudden becomes the "womans choice". Since when has it been someone elses choice if someone lives or dies?!?!?!?!

Some would argue that during the frist trimester that the baby is just a "blob of flesh". I guess that means that all of yall that have kids, could have killed them back when they were only a "blob of flesh" Yeah right.

God says that He knew David "when he was made in secret" Not "after the first trimester. btw, if you belive in that first trimester stuff...I'd like to know that DAY where the baby turns from a blob to a living being...cause thats what you'd have to decide...which DAY...

Maybe thats a little to strong for some though...heres my point.

Where did we get the idea that the individual makes the decision about whats right/wrong? For the most part folks are good...but if you apply that concept, which many do...think about it...then we would have Chaos ALL THE TIME!

Now if you believe that there is no God...and that we are animals...or "king of the beasts"...then my argument should not make sense. Because if you believe in Evolution, then you must belive in survival of the fittests. Not, "majority rules" cause thats another version of people making decisions about what they deem right. And one person is no better than another...

Is killing folks with my car bad...wrong? Sure it is. If we're animals though...how could that be wrong????

I've only had 4 beers tonight...Im fine to drive...Where's the logic in that? It boils down to the fact that folks are selfish. We want to do what WE want to do. Not whats right...and DEFINATLY what God says.

I hope some of you would think about this. Im not saying that we should all be perfect and youre crap if youre not...but just think about what you do. Most folks know whats right and wrong...we just like to change it to suit ourselves.

If you dont know whats right and whats wrong...read your Bible. I dont think anyone can argue that if everyone we're TRUE Christians...IE, folks Truely doing what the Bible says...the world would be a better place.

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 415 Old 07-27-2006, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Pro 16:25
There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.

post #3 of 415 Old 07-27-2006, 10:03 AM
VOL
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

You are absolutely correct. However I would like you to think this over.
We all want to believe that folks are good for the most part, but they are not.
Most of us think its the narrow road of wrong and the high way of right.
I used to believe this my self. If the majority of people were good there never would had been a need for Jesus. The road to salvation is wide only if your willing to take it. The problem is as you said before, our selfishness. To follow the righteous road means you have to admit all the things you were justifying for yourself before were wrong. And most people aren't willing to admit it or give it up. I'm sitting in a position right know that has me wondering if I should sell the 10. Because I sold my boat and trying to get the debt down cause my wife is finishing up her bachelors in nursing and we are trying to get prepared for her clinicals. she may need to cut down on work or quit all together. The 10 is the only extra we have and it only benefits me. So it may have to go cause I'm felling a little selfish cause I sold the boat which was a family toy and kept mine.

PS we had a pastor from Texas visit our church and that was his message.

ZX-10ESSEE

Last edited by VOL; 07-27-2006 at 10:18 AM.
post #4 of 415 Old 07-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

the only way abortion seems right is when a women is raped and become pregnent with a baby.... but its still wrong. if anyone would like to know why pm me.

ill give a good example

Last edited by Nick.INF; 07-27-2006 at 10:07 AM.
post #5 of 415 Old 07-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10ragentblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountry10r
OK so I've noticed as of late somethings that made me think...thought I'd pass them along...here goes.

It seems to me that alotta folks do whats right according to themselves. I will have to admit, that on occation I am good at rationalizing things, to make it what I want...but Im thinking more along the lines of morals.

Perhaps folks dont even realize they do this???

Seems that for most instances, folks are good at heart, but when it comes to a time that doing the wrong thing will benifit NUMERO UNO, then it becomes ok cross the line. Then we hear the "reasoning for it" ahem EXCUSE ahem...

for those of you whom I've lost...Ill give an example.

Abortion:

No one will argue that killing a baby is wrong. Everyone will say thats appauling Im sure! But for abortion...it all of a sudden becomes the "womans choice". Since when has it been someone elses choice if someone lives or dies?!?!?!?!

Some would argue that during the frist trimester that the baby is just a "blob of flesh". I guess that means that all of yall that have kids, could have killed them back when they were only a "blob of flesh" Yeah right.

God says that He knew David "when he was made in secret" Not "after the first trimester. btw, if you belive in that first trimester stuff...I'd like to know that DAY where the baby turns from a blob to a living being...cause thats what you'd have to decide...which DAY...

Maybe thats a little to strong for some though...heres my point.

Where did we get the idea that the individual makes the decision about whats right/wrong? For the most part folks are good...but if you apply that concept, which many do...think about it...then we would have Chaos ALL THE TIME!

Now if you believe that there is no God...and that we are animals...or "king of the beasts"...then my argument should not make sense. Because if you believe in Evolution, then you must belive in survival of the fittests. Not, "majority rules" cause thats another version of people making decisions about what they deem right. And one person is no better than another...

Is killing folks with my car bad...wrong? Sure it is. If we're animals though...how could that be wrong????

I've only had 4 beers tonight...Im fine to drive...Where's the logic in that? It boils down to the fact that folks are selfish. We want to do what WE want to do. Not whats right...and DEFINATLY what God says.

I hope some of you would think about this. Im not saying that we should all be perfect and youre crap if youre not...but just think about what you do. Most folks know whats right and wrong...we just like to change it to suit ourselves.

If you dont know whats right and whats wrong...read your Bible. I dont think anyone can argue that if everyone we're TRUE Christians...IE, folks Truely doing what the Bible says...the world would be a better place.
Good post Hill
post #6 of 415 Old 07-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10ragentblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium
the only way abortion seems right is when a women is raped and become pregnent with a baby.... but its still wrong. if anyone would like to know why pm me.

ill give a good example
I agree with you that it is wrong in any circumstance IMYO
post #7 of 415 Old 07-27-2006, 10:42 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

This subject is not a way to win friends and influence people. Two ways to alienate yourself pretty quickly is to start an argument over someone's religious or political belifs. Would I want a girl to get an abortion.......no. Would I stand up on a soapbox and tell people who do have them they are wrong.......no. That is the great thing about this country (at least right now) is the freedom of choice. It is very easy to sit back and tell somebody that the life choices that they have made are wrong, but it's a little harder to walk a mile in thier shoes and then say that the decisions they have made are incorrect. I don't want to flame you because it is your right to believe what you believe, but this whole topic seems as tired as people debating over helmet laws or gay marrige. Let people do what they want, they are the ones who are ultimitley going to have to live with the consequences of thier actions.
post #8 of 415 Old 07-27-2006, 11:03 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

mark my words this thread will get locked eventually.

BD

post #9 of 415 Old 07-27-2006, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunitk
........ Let people do what they want, they are the ones who are ultimitley going to have to live with the consequences of thier actions.
But see thats my point. Why is it a good idea to just say, everyone do what you want. What happens when that effects you? Do you still feel the same?

When someone decides its a good idea to steal your 10r, or your wife, burn your house down...bomb your country...Would you still say, well, let em do it...its their decision...

I agree taking a stance in what you believe in may step on some folks toes...Or "not make friends". Im ok with that though. Somebody needs to say things, and I dont mind being that person. I dont think you could argue that I'm not a friendly person, but you would have a case if you said I had integrity.

If standing up for what I believe in is unfriendly...then...

I have by no means lived through every situation. However I am not naive of folks circumstances. I never said doing whats right was easy...I said we should do whats right instead of being selfish.

post #10 of 415 Old 07-27-2006, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
mark my words this thread will get locked eventually.

BD
marked!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in