Why is there evil in the world?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 Old 09-16-2005, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Question Why is there evil in the world??

Long post, here goes...

So if you were following the thread about the legislation of homosexual marriges in Texas, you would of read where Miami asked,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10Miami
I just wonder why your God allows gay priests to molest children.
My reply was that I wonder the same thing.
Pondering on these thoughts, and others, I decided to skip out work this past Wed night for a revival meeting at church.
Guest preacher just "happened" to be preaching on this subject. So I thought it was more than appropriate to share them with you all. Especially when we hear of things like Miami spoke of and with the children and women being exploited after Katrina.

I realize suffering and evil are around all the time, so heres why I think that is...some things to think about...
  1. God created man with the ability to choose.
  2. God created the world with unbreakable natural laws.
These two things account for all of the suffering/evil in the world.

Be it someone who choses to take a life of another, a choice made to drink and drive, cheat on a spouse, or whatever the choice is. The point is that we do have the ability to chose what we want to do, and when some make the wrong decision, it may only affect them, but also others around them.

Also, natural laws cannot be broken. We have the laws that we must have to live. Things like the water cycle, gravity, effects of temperature, etc.

There are both sides to these laws. While the water cycle may bring rain to water the land and grow plants and help feed the rivers for the animals, huricanes are also a part of this.

While gravity is what keeps you on the ground and our bikes on the road, it is also what helped the twin towers fall.

Heat can kill as well as cold. I couldn't imagine burning at the stake or hypothermia...but without the properties of temperature, we couldn't have ice in our drinks or boil food.

Quote:
Mat 5:45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Whether you believe in GOD or not, the two points above cannot be denied for the causes of the suffering in the world today.

But that doesn't answer the question "WHY?". Why would a true, just, loving God allow such things to happen to people; good people, children?

God doesn't eliminate suffering on Earth because...
  • It would nullify our ability to choose.
If everytime someone tried to make a bad decision, God just stopped it, we couldn't choose any more. If that was the case God would have mindless robots on the earth. God didn't want robots or He would have made them.
  • It would eliminate the world its self.
The world has phisical laws, and people that do evil things in it. If God eliminated the suffering he would eliminate the things that make up the world. God is fair and just though, and has said He would end the suffering. Its called Heaven.

If He took away the suffering, we would be in Heaven. It is impossible for man in the flesh to be in Heaven.

Quote:
1Cr 15:47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord* from heaven.
1Cr 15:48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.
1Cr 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear* the image of the heavenly Man.
1Cr 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
  • In some cases suffering can be benificial.
Quote:
Jam 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
Jam 1:3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
This may sound a little strange at first, but suffering does build your character. You've heard the saying, "If it doesn't kill me it will make me stronger." Its true!
  • Life was meant to be temporary.
We were never supposed to be on earth for a very long time. Perhaps life seems gruelling at times, but its not even a blink when considering eternity. We as motorcyclists know that we aren't hear long. It seems as though I'm always hearing of someone parting from this Earth, from something motorcycle related.

Quote:
Jam 4:13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit";
Jam 4:14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
  • Our suffering here is so miniscule.
Lastly, similar to the point prior. Sometimes things seem horible and perhaps like it cannot get any worse. This is not true and although it may seem this way, it isn't. And if we don't do what need to we will truely understand this after we die.

Some say "time heals all wounds..."

An eternity in Hell will not get better after 10,000 or 1,000,000 years.

Quote:
2Cr 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
2Cr 4:18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Quote:
Rom 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us

Hope that helps!

As always I welcome any feedback pos or neg.

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 Old 09-16-2005, 07:54 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Tongue tied and twisted,just an earth bound piston in flight..keep'n a watch on the circling skies...."witness" into the world Hill~~with the moral of the planet and the sins of our 10"S were doomed!!
post #3 of 75 Old 09-16-2005, 08:05 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Kickaho
Wow Hill, that's some pretty impressive stuff you threw down there.

If you're anywhere near the Louisville Kentucky area, check out my local sportbike forum, Louisville Sportbikes!
post #4 of 75 Old 09-16-2005, 08:09 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Actually the line is, "Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I".

Sorry Hill, I know.
post #5 of 75 Old 09-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Good stuff Hill.

Good song, P.F.- Learning to fly, actually great album.
post #6 of 75 Old 09-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

if God would allow it to happen, then it is ok...it's just karma at work...simple...

post #7 of 75 Old 09-17-2005, 03:23 AM
talker of shite

Posting Frequency

I can't say I'm a believer simply because of the sheer number of conflicting religions,how can we be sure to choose the right one?Another factor is the way people kill and maim each other in the name of God,surely he would'nt want this to happen!I feel that if there was an all powerful being the world would be a better place,no disease,no rich&no poor,just a balanced contented world.I was brought up a Catholic yet now I see the trouble and strife caused by their doctrine,for example look at Africa ,in areas where the church has influence you also find that birth rates & the spread of aids are out of control,why?Because the church in it's infinite wisdom forbids contraception!

Has anyone seen my marbles ?
post #8 of 75 Old 09-17-2005, 06:15 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

danno 22: "Religion"! This is the problem. And the word "God". These words have very broad meanings. "God" came from the German word "Got" meaning
supernatural being. And you right, there are many so called gods and religions.

To narrow it down, the only and living God has a name. Jesus.
To try to put your trust in a religion is foolishnes.
Religion is a man made fantasy.
Usualy serving the purpose of making the life of the funders and the leaders of these "clubs" , luxuious, keep them in power and in controll over a particular group
of people. These have nothing to do with The Almighty Creator whose name is Jesus.

Col 1:16 For by him were, all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

So....these guys making up stories in the name of "God" and use it to enslave people. The resoult is: always bad.

A person who put his trust in Jesus, and keep His instructions that are find in the Bible, this dude can't go wrong and the resoult is always good.

Just as you would follow the instructions of the service manual for your bike written by it's maker Kawasaki and get good resoults. Listen to some Piniccio's advice (or of your own) and you will mess it up.

It is that simple.

If you believe and obey "church doctrine" , you'll have pain, sorrow, fear, destruction.

If you read the Bible, believe it and act on it , you'll experience the reality of the living God and Saviour whos name is Jesus. And you will live!!!
post #9 of 75 Old 09-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Chads10R Send a message via Yahoo to Chads10R
To be quite honest, this thread needs to stop right here!

"Dum Spiro Spero"
(While I breath, I hope)
www.citadel.edu

2004 Black ZX-10R

"An it Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
post #10 of 75 Old 09-17-2005, 08:14 AM
talker of shite

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chads10R
To be quite honest, this thread needs to stop right here!
In a world of [alleged]free speech we have the freedom to talk openly & honestly about any reasonable subject,I see no reason to stop this thread here as it's a subject which many people have views on!The best thing to do if you don't like the thread is not to read it,no offence to ya Chad

Has anyone seen my marbles ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in