Why doesnt yami have deals? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 10-17-2006, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider
 
briscobrad11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 171
Posting Frequency
 
Why doesnt yami have deals?

My question is how come dealers dont really cut prices on R1's. I bought my 10 for 9K otd last september, right now I couldnt steal an 06' R1 for under 10K. Is there really that much demand on R1's?
briscobrad11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 Old 10-17-2006, 01:34 PM
GP Rider
 
zx7rydr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,309
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
     
Send a message via MSN to zx7rydr
Quote:
Originally Posted by briscobrad11
Is there really that much demand on R1's?

Yes, seems to be the same with gixr 1ks up here in Seattle also.

CA green int. brake light, CA green front blinkers, APE manual cct, Kleen air mod (Ivan's), Jumper mod, Full Akrapovich Race exhaust, PC3, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Muzzys Alum. Rad. Fan, Factory Pro Shift Star kit, Competition Werks fender elim, Stealth Sprockets (-1, +2), D.I.D ERV3 X-Ring Gold Chain, Speedo Healer, GPR V4, Black/Black Pazzo "shorty" levers, 08 ZX6R Calipers, rockin the pilot powers, more to come...
zx7rydr is offline  
post #3 of 27 Old 10-17-2006, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider
 
briscobrad11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 171
Posting Frequency
 
My local dealer has atleast 4 06' R1s in stock, but they will only offer $500 off with a crapload of dealer fee's.
briscobrad11 is offline  
post #4 of 27 Old 10-17-2006, 01:51 PM
GP Rider
 
circusnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fairfax City, VA
Posts: 1,405
Posting Frequency
 
Yes!

When I called the Yami dealer in late 04 to see if they had any R1's left, the fellow that answered the phone said "yes"... and if you think that means we're dealing the answer is no.

Dress for the slide & not the ride
circusnuts is offline  
post #5 of 27 Old 10-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Supercharged Mod
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,387
Posting Frequency
         
The R1 and the GSXR1000 seem to be the bikes of choice for the squids who gotta have the latest thing (even if they don't know how to ride).

One of the factors that got me onto the ZX10R (over the also-then-new R1) was that even though the MSRP was within a couple hundred bucks, the ZX10R ended up being a couple grand less expensive.


Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
GoFaster is offline  
post #6 of 27 Old 10-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Track Day Rider
 
MyZuC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 223
Posting Frequency
Images: 9
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by circusnuts
Yes!

When I called the Yami dealer in late 04 to see if they had any R1's left, the fellow that answered the phone said "yes"... and if you think that means we're dealing the answer is no.
I went buy coleman's in Falls Church in Sept 05 and they were selling 05 R1s for 9500 before taxes. On the other hand you could go to MFI and buy a new 05 ZX10 for 8700 before taxes, but they did change the body for 06.
MyZuC is offline  
post #7 of 27 Old 10-17-2006, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider
 
briscobrad11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 171
Posting Frequency
 
So I guess my next ? is how much are you guys paying now for an 06' 10? I just got quoted 9,500 here in mass.
briscobrad11 is offline  
post #8 of 27 Old 10-17-2006, 09:24 PM
GP Rider
 
circusnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fairfax City, VA
Posts: 1,405
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZuC
I went buy coleman's in Falls Church in Sept 05 and they were selling 05 R1s for 9500 before taxes. On the other hand you could go to MFI and buy a new 05 ZX10 for 8700 before taxes, but they did change the body for 06.
I've dealt a lot with Cycle Sport in Alexandria. They're fair with the prices and overall a good group of guys. MFI - forgetaboutit! Those guys have the best prices as long you're looking for Kawai or Honda (except for the RC51 for some reason).

I really liked my 2003 R6 and I do very much like the new R1 (would probably go that route if I had to buy today).

**Back to the thread. As far as R1's go, I'd wait for the 07's (6 piston front calipers and their new 4 valve heads... and cool easy way to swap-out the air filter) or buy this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...37911520QQrdZ1

Dress for the slide & not the ride

Last edited by circusnuts; 10-17-2006 at 09:27 PM.
circusnuts is offline  
post #9 of 27 Old 10-17-2006, 10:23 PM
GP Rider
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: calif
Posts: 1,128
Posting Frequency
      
Quote:
Originally Posted by briscobrad11
My question is how come dealers dont really cut prices on R1's. I bought my 10 for 9K otd last september, right now I couldnt steal an 06' R1 for under 10K. Is there really that much demand on R1's?
Definitely, pull into anyplace you see sportbikes and all you see are gixxers and R1's. More popular=more demand=better resale value=less wiggle room when buying..

Gixxers win on Sunday sell on Monday
and Yamaha is not doing badly in WSBK, AMA Superstock and Supersport

When I was looking to buy a new bike aside from looks I was looking for price. the 05 Kawai prices had fallen through the floor..05, 9,000 otd in september of 05 in california..I figured I could cut a deal on an 06 Kawai in Feb of 06 and thought I got a great deal at 11,200.00 I made an error in judgement , , thought the 06 would be much more popular, better get that Solar Yellow before their gone...now the floor has fallen out and I see ads for 10,000 otd..
TL1000s is offline  
post #10 of 27 Old 10-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1000s
Definitely, pull into anyplace you see sportbikes and all you see are gixxers and R1's. More popular=more demand=better resale value=less wiggle room when buying..

Gixxers win on Sunday sell on Monday
and Yamaha is not doing badly in WSBK, AMA Superstock and Supersport

When I was looking to buy a new bike aside from looks I was looking for price. the 05 Kawai prices had fallen through the floor..05, 9,000 otd in september of 05 in california..I figured I could cut a deal on an 06 Kawai in Feb of 06 and thought I got a great deal at 11,200.00 I made an error in judgement , , thought the 06 would be much more popular, better get that Solar Yellow before their gone...now the floor has fallen out and I see ads for 10,000 otd..
I agree...good news for Kawi owners or want to be one, is we know a great bike at a good price to boot...it's like a good kept secret so thank all the others jumping on the band wagon with other manufacturers.
bluedevil is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deals Gap run Oct. 6-7th PatrickG The Out House 1 10-05-2006 04:01 AM
underarmour doesnt care about the motorcycle industry lexusrx The Out House 111 05-02-2006 10:39 PM
Yami finally admitts it....GUILTY! {you are not the father} lol 10 speed The Out House 12 02-04-2006 12:23 PM
Deals Gap Sgtusmc96 Pictures and Videos 3 10-05-2005 03:44 PM
Damn, she looks sad doesnt she? NIGHTMARE The ZX-10R 18 08-31-2004 10:05 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome