White Ink Tattoo? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 07-01-2010, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

White Ink Tattoo?

Anybody have any experience with it? I am thinking about getting one. This could be my first tat. I have heard that the whiter you are the more they shine. I am pretty pasty. I have always thought at about getting a weave patterned band around my upper thigh. I have the chance to get it done pretty reasonilble. I work with a guy whose niece do some awesome work. She is licenced in NM and is trying to get some money to get licenced in OK. All clean stuff. I will def check it all out before committing. Hand size tat for $80 bucks with crazy detail. I wear shorts alot and I don't really want to have one that is too in your face. I come from a pretty conservitive family. I have a seen my grandma ask somebody if they thought God didn't do a good enough job coloring their skin. I have much respect for her and others in the family. Not ashamed but not looking for attention either.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-01-2010, 03:00 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

white won't show up well and doesn't tend to last long. I have all kinds of colors including white and IMO it would be a waste of money.

If you're going to do it just get full color or black and grey.

Grandma will get over it....or just never show her.

Who cares what anyone else thinks so long as you like it. I have my whole leg done and 99% of people give me compliments on it, even old fashioned people. So long as it is artistic and not some offensive piece of crap or bad art you will be fine. Some people just don't like them in general....who cares....it's your skin. And for the "what about when you get old" comments.....well you get nasty looking either way and no one wants to see a 80 year old in shorts anyway :-)

Last edited by gnance; 07-01-2010 at 03:03 AM.
post #3 of 19 Old 07-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

yea,white not a great idea! you will save on the tat, but spend the rest of the savings getting touch ups!

EVER DANCE WITH THE DEVIL BY THE PALE MOONLIGHT...:
post #4 of 19 Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
disagree...my wife's top of her sleeve has a snow leopard in the artic/northern lights.....she not tan at all and it's staying awesome....my brother was the artist...usually takes a few sittings to lay it all in...i think she had the leopard color 3times...could have been 4...also about aftercare

ride or die!::weed :
post #5 of 19 Old 07-01-2010, 07:29 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Different people hold different pigments differently. Wait what?

White for me at least, faded pretty quickly and is essentially gone now. But this is a tattoo on my wrist and has been beat up by the sun for some time. If I had gone with an all-white tat, I think it would be invisible now unless it was on a part of my body that was never exposed to sun...and even then I am guessing it would be nearly invisible. My .02 at least

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #6 of 19 Old 07-01-2010, 08:46 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
after care is 1 of the biggest keys in keeping your color...sunblock at all times ect....my wife rock spf50 on all her and her ink....hers holds so much better...but I'm tanner than her.....I don't know if I would go full white....but don't be afraid to use it, my brother loves to use white...like I said though if you want it white be prepared to do a couple sittings to have it lookm WHITE. good luck

ride or die!::weed :
post #7 of 19 Old 07-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

post #8 of 19 Old 07-01-2010, 09:30 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlyn13000 View Post

You Leakin Dawg!!
post #9 of 19 Old 07-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
Do it!
post #10 of 19 Old 07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I agree....do it. I have a dozen and have never regretted it. Plus, like my brother tells me, if I'm in a plane crash, it'll be easier to identify the body:headshake

Anyway, I've always said that the difference between those with tats and those without is that the people with tats don't give a damn if you have tats or not.

Current garage inhabitants:
'13 ZX-10R
'06 GIXXER 1000
'08 Suzuki M109R LE
'08 Kawi TeryX
'10 BMW S1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in