Where to Buy Spray on Window Tint? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-08-2006, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Where to Buy Spray on Window Tint?

Does anybody know where to buy Spray on Window Tint? I found some on Ebay, but I'd like to buy some in a store if possible because Ebay can be a hassle sometimes. I checked Kragen, Autozone, and Pep Boys and they don't carry the stuff. I want to tint my turn signals so they appear black like my bike until they light up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-08-2006, 03:54 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I ordered mine through O'rielly's Auto Parts. But it is a hassle to make it look even on the lens. I was trying to tint my girlfriends marker lights on her maxima and finally said f*** it.

Kenny Poppell
AMA Dragbike SuperSport #1000
2007 AMA Dragbike 1000SS National Champion
2007 1000SS 1/8th ET Record Holder 5.967
Best 1/[email protected] Best 1/[email protected] Stock Wheelbase
Special Thanks:

Performance Psycle
Richies Tires
http://www.XXXRacingFuel.com
http://www.SuperbikeSpecialties.com
http://www.Tsukigi.com
http://www.CycleConceptsRacing.com
http://www.myspace.com/ruthlessracing1
post #3 of 10 Old 07-09-2006, 05:53 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Try spraying it on the inside of the lens ? the inside of the lens should be smooth so the tint will apply more evenly

Once i thought more than two strokes was masturbation. Now I realise that 4 feel better, and who am I to argue with my feelings.

05 Black/white road/track zx-10r. Race fairings with stock headlight custom blinkers, Brembo MC, HEL braided lines, Toby dampner, Mustard Block-off plates, plugged airbox, Mustard Heel guards, Mustard Ram-air tube support, custom flip-up rear fender eliminator, custom rear fender, custom seat cowl, corsa 111's.
post #4 of 10 Old 07-09-2006, 08:17 AM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

Did all the lights on my old Audi quattro with spray on tint , looked real stealthy , all though I did get in trouble with the law.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-09-2006, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Mustard: I actually ordered some VHT Nite Shade, which is what most people use I heard. However, their website says NOT to spray it on the inside, only on the outside of the lens. The "Nite Shade" stuff is more like spray paint so it doesn't need to run down like their standard spray tint, you just spray a few even coats and if desired a clear coat to protect it and achieve the shiny effect.

FAF: Did you have to buy new lenses after the cops harassed you? I saw a guy on kawiforums spray his taillight and front signals black on a black bike and it looked real clean. 90% of the stuff on our bikes is illegal anyway, so I figure what the heck
post #6 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 07:37 AM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

On a car its more noticeable, but you would get away with it on a bike as 9 times out of ten they are only pulling you for speeding anyway.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 05:30 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAF
On a car its more noticeable, but you would get away with it on a bike as 9 times out of ten they are only pulling you for speeding anyway.
How true.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAF
true, but that would be another thing to add to the list of shit done wrong
post #9 of 10 Old 07-10-2006, 06:14 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

I wouldnt worry about it, if you spray the inide of the lenses it looks stock , just tell em thats the way they come from the factory.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-11-2006, 12:12 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Wonder why it says not to spray on the inside? only thing i can think of is the heat generated by a bulb?

Once i thought more than two strokes was masturbation. Now I realise that 4 feel better, and who am I to argue with my feelings.

05 Black/white road/track zx-10r. Race fairings with stock headlight custom blinkers, Brembo MC, HEL braided lines, Toby dampner, Mustard Block-off plates, plugged airbox, Mustard Heel guards, Mustard Ram-air tube support, custom flip-up rear fender eliminator, custom rear fender, custom seat cowl, corsa 111's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in