Wheelie Thread - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 10-09-2006, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Wheelie Thread

I cant back the thing into corners, slide the rear at will and wear pucks out on the steet.

But i just cant wheelie.............

Help me out !!!!

Bikes
1995 RGV250
1997 ZX7R
1999 YZFR1
2001 KTM 250 EXC
2006 BLK 10R
2012 KTM 250 SXF
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 10-09-2006, 02:40 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedyj

Help me out !!!!
Have you tried opening the throttle?
post #3 of 43 Old 10-09-2006, 03:40 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to mattfr12
just start with the basic power wheelie intill you get use to the front end comming up if you go wide open in first it will come up without doing anything on sheer power alone first and second. after that you can try giving it a lil chop in first or second making it come up faster. then move on to clutching, standups, and so on.
post #4 of 43 Old 10-09-2006, 04:00 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

with my bike (ninja 650r) i have to be going about 35mph then i drop it into first with the clutch in. i let the clutch out, open the throttle, close it, then open it again fast. I am just starting so I'm not doing anything big yet and feel more comfortable trying at slower speeds. One thing that i noticed helped a lot was not pushing down on the pars. i know, duh, but really it's hard to get my body to pull back and lean back when it knows that it isnt safe. im finding out that i am my biggest stumbling block on the road to doing wheelies.

I know who I am. No one else knows who I am. If I was a giraffe, and someone said I was a snake, I'd think, no, actually I'm a giraffe. ~Richard Gere
post #5 of 43 Old 10-09-2006, 04:48 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

Help me out !!!!

This is to help you with a few of the responses you might get on this thread...

Here is a link you'll want to look at.... be safe
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91590638402466
Attached Images

Eschew Obfuscation
post #6 of 43 Old 10-09-2006, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks Guys,

I can get it up on throttle, but just cant carry it, ive seen so many people say clutch it up in second, others say use the power.
Is my best option to run up in second gear to about 6000 snap the throttle closed an the snap it open... ?

Bikes
1995 RGV250
1997 ZX7R
1999 YZFR1
2001 KTM 250 EXC
2006 BLK 10R
2012 KTM 250 SXF
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do."
post #7 of 43 Old 10-09-2006, 07:08 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
Until you get comfortble doing wheelies start with this.

Start in first gear and get the bike moving a little than just punch it and it will finally start to come off the ground...Just stay smooth on the gas till you hit the rev limiter and it will come back down...After you are use to the tire being off the ground go to second gear...Personally its easier to clutch it up becuase you have more contol of how the tire is lifting...IMPORTANT, make sure you have smooth throttle control otherwise you will be on your back looking at the bike getting ready to slam you into the ground...I always cover the rear brake with my foot and i have my hand near the clutch incase it comes back to far...Just be safe and the most imporant advice you can get and hear is PATIENCE...I have put time and patience in doing wheelies and I am still not that good at them...Just be safe and have fun

NESBA #88

Madness Racing wishes he could handle the power of a GSXR

All my homies left this site
post #8 of 43 Old 10-09-2006, 07:13 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

This works for me...
1st gear run it to 7grand then snap it open (you do not need to close it first). No need to bounce or pull up. I do this sitting down with both of my feet on the forward pegs. You will find that she'll come right up a couple of feet. Some have said you can loop it in first but I have not found that to be true for me. I'm 185 pounds and sit forward on the bike. It's about the same in 2nd gear but you'll be doing about 70MPH.... Start slow you'll get a feel for the bike. Crawl, walk then run.....

Eschew Obfuscation
post #9 of 43 Old 10-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Just be careful. Ihave been doing baby, wussy 1st gear power on wheelies. The front comes up about a foot or so. This is good enough for me. It's funny, but I can do 180 + mph, go into hard turns over 100 mph, but wheelies make me nervous. Also, if you keep her wide open all the way through 5th you are already wheelying. O.K. maybe only a few inches, but it is still a wheelie..Good luck :cool

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

2006 ZX10R (Black)
post #10 of 43 Old 10-09-2006, 11:39 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to mattfr12
Quote:
Thanks Guys,

I can get it up on throttle, but just cant carry it, ive seen so many people say clutch it up in second, others say use the power.
Is my best option to run up in second gear to about 6000 snap the throttle closed an the snap it open... ?
well it depends on how fast you going and at what rpm your running, if your going like slow like 10-20 mph and you want to keep that same speed without excelerating rapidly you are gonna want to clutch it up because its just a short burst strait to balance point or to desired position. vs if you power your gonna gain alot of speed. after practicing it anymore i rarely clutch it up if you stand up in 3rd gear around id say 60-80 give the throttle a chop and pull up on the bars you can bring it to balance pointe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in