What is up with the Money hungriness of the world? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-22-2007, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Angry What is up with the Money hungriness of the world?

I am in the long process of purchasing a house. It seems as though everytime I turn around, someone has to be paid so that I can get the loan or some type of fee is due. I tell you, I got into the wrong business. Maybe I will retire and be a home inspector. 1 Hour and 350 bucks is all yours. I wish I made that much. Even if the home is immaculate,They won't give the loan unless it has been inspected. I go somewhere to buy something and they want some ridiculous amount of money for something that is stupid cheap to mass produce. Give me a break! Motorcycle service,60 to 85 dollars an hour. C,mon! I talked to the technician and he told me he gets 14 dollars an hour and he had to provide most of his own tools to get the job. If the companies out there want to make some ungodly amount of money, Just lowball the rest of the people in town and get everyone to come to your place. They will also see the light and start figuinrg out how to do it also. I guess I am just ranting but it seems like I have to pay for so much stuff these days because everyone agrees to do it. I think it is bullshit but hey I am one and everyone else are many. Closing costs? I doubt it takes 4000 dollars or more to get some paperwork ready and if it does then they need to change some laws or something. I guess I am just ranting but oh well!!!

Is it Fast?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

It is what it is, and everyone in the chain wants to get paid, including the tax man, the lawyers, the city, and the insurance companies (for your house, and the lawyers). It adds up ...

My time is billed hourly at work, too. Home inspections are probably billed based on a fixed average time. Sometimes the inspection might take an hour, but if the inspection covers a house that is a disaster, it might take a day, you win some and you lose some, it all averages out. And, there is the time spent on-site, and the time spent travelling back and forth, plus the receptionist and the accountant and whoever else. I bill minimum two hours on any job no matter how small, to account for all that ...

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #3 of 13 Old 01-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

It's pretty simple really....no-one actually produces anything anymore..ie manufacturing is vitually non-existent except in China..so, to generate income, people create pointless and unneccessary jobs and attach a charge to them....everyone needs money, no-one wants to get their hands dirty, so you pay for everything and anything.
Look at your own jobs....is it a genuine job or some trumped up excuse for some-one to make cash for nothing.......I'll bet that a lot are B.S.
No offence meant personally, just a sign of the times where we have moved away from the neccessary and entered the job for a job sake era.
post #4 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 09:10 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The world revolves around money, anyone who says it doesnt usually has too much of it. Money doesnt really make one happy but it can cause alot of grief if you dont have it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!
NESBA #24993
post #5 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 09:16 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I agree 95%.

100% that dealers suck but thats another thread.

What a business pays its employee vs what they charge, well thats a whole diffy thing. 1) They make profit, 2) they have to pay for all sorts of other stuff you don't see, utilities, insurance, lease, etc.

If your not first, your last
-Ricky Bobby-
post #6 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 09:29 AM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

I watched my cousin cross out a bunch of small print on his house paperwork and his mortgage papers then sign them.The realtor and the mortgage advisor said"you cant do that!!" his reply was "I just did' , his mortgage and house purchase still went through with altered paperwork and he reduced his fees a lot, it just goes to show , everything is negotiable I guess ?
post #7 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 11:51 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

if you think buying a house is a pain in the a** with everyone putting a hand in your pocket...wait till you sell....its enough to make you want to go and burn them damn thing to the ground.. ...almost...
post #8 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

OK...a house inspection is NOT necessary...but an appraisal, with "inspection" is...yes, there are a LOT of fees, and it is all about risk and revenue...and fees to pay the city, states, etc...

post #9 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 12:46 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Not to bash your rant, but I wanted to say something about that whole motorcycle service thing. . .yes 70 to 80 and hour seems a bit pricey. . but think of it this way . . 14 dollars an hour for him, the service department also pays

1.) the service manager.

2.) the service writer(s).

3.) porter (s)

4.) a motorcycle setup guy (s).

5.) a delivery driver (s) (sometimes)

6.) 20% of the dealerships nut (lights, rent, cable tv for lazy salespeople:-)

7.) that $14 an hour guy, when he has to repair something he didn't fix correctly the first time.

Plus has to leave some money for the dealer principle to put some money in his pocket, if he don't you'll be driving further for your next service:-)

Just my .02

SG

Green is fastest.
post #10 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 12:48 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

On the other side of this . . that whole house inspector thing is bs, he said I had 10 years left in my roof, bahhh, changed it this summer, 1 year after purchase.

SG

Green is fastest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in