what a Saturday... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-28-2007, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to slav
what a Saturday...

Came down to Miami for the weekend to pick up my bike since my brother dropped it off for me to get the values done which kinda sucked because he said they were actually fine after 22k miles and in a way sucked because I didn't like knowing I paid for someone to just say "it's good" So $361.61 later I'm like crap, I could of the plugs myself and saved the rest...??? Whatever rather be save than sorry, right? Any I've been talking to my sister's long time best friend (25, good looking, pharmacist doctrine) which she doesn't know because she moved to Chicago a while back. Anyway we've gone out a few times before and last night we went out with a group of people to las olas riverfront last night which is in Fort Lauderdale. They went in a car and I took my bike. Now I never went there with my bike and didn't feel like spending $10 for parking when I get v.i.p.(sidewalk or somewhere close) parking everywhere else which I never had a problem. Parked it by the parking place, but they told me I should probably move it by all the other bikes down the block. I didn't really feel safe where I had the bike so I moved it to where all the other bike were. So after I moved it we walked around and later went to a club. Had an awesome time dancing with the girl. Only had a 2 or 3 drinks because knowing I can get pulled over just because. The whole night I thinking "man my bike is saving me some money this is gonna be a cheap night."
So anyway, got hungry so went to this pizza place where I didn't have anything because I was having a cheap night I was gonna treat myself to some sushi.
Walk back to the bike we're a block away and the girl trys to mess with me saying "where's your bike?" because there were bikes the block before... so I was like yeah funy but I parked on the next block...kept walking and I started to get confused... I didn't see my bike thinking to myself that this has to be the block. Sure enough my bike was GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing but a cop car sitting there. I didn't panic just yet because I was really hoping it got towed, but with the thought that it may have been stolen crossed my mind and started to freak me out. Stayed calm and found out it was just towed. Got the card of the place from my best friend at the moment aka the cop. Called up the place for directions and price.... $77! WTF right? so I went to pick it up gave her $80 but she didn't have change so she asked for a five and gave me back a $20 so I'm thinking well at least I'm saving $12... sign some papers, she put the receipt in an envelope and gives it to me. Now I hate getting envelopes since I don't really need then so I started to take everything out and found a $30 ticket! MAN I WAS PISSED. Stayed calm, got in the car and went to get my bike. Everyone is like wow he's taking this very well and I'm thinking they have no idea... But they found out later when they stopped at the red light I didn't trying to get on I-95 as fast as I can to only go faster. Now I got home fast but I gotta say this............DO NOT GO 40T REAR ON 04-05. I was in the high 160'smph way to high in the rpm and since the tach is so off with +1 rear I was probably only going 140-150mph which isn't cool. I wasn't all that mad but I knew I could use it as a reason to say that's way I went fast even though I'd do it anyway plus it was nice to her she worried about me in a text message... :) ohhhhh yeahhhhhhh.... lol
Anyway that's my novel about my $456.61 on nothing Saturday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Gotta love "Beach Towing"- friggen terrorists.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #3 of 11 Old 01-28-2007, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I can't believe I forgot this part of last night... going to the girls sisters house to met up before we went... this guy pulls out right in front of me barely missing me because I cut hard into on coming traffic. Luckly it was a non busy street and no one was making a left in the turning lane so I used that... made a u-turn and chased the dude down. stopped him in the middle of the street... stupid little punk looked so scared "my bad man my bad that was all my fault, I didn't see you". being a nice guy that I am I just told him that he needed to start watching out for bikes a lot better and went back the way I needed. I know people make mistakes but thats a big mistake to make. could of been really bad. kicking his door could of an option but I just had knee surgery in Oct. started walking in dec. and still can't really hold myself up on the one leg so I don't need to get myself into anything either....
post #4 of 11 Old 01-28-2007, 01:23 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

$77 for a tow is good ..cause here in Dallas, its an easy $150 to start. good luck with the girl too

lotta newbies, where did all the regulars go?
post #5 of 11 Old 01-28-2007, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

yeah $77 isn't much. I wasn't upset because I spent money on the tow... I was happy the bike wasn't stolen nor damaged during the tow because it's wasn't a flat bed. I'm just a little tight with $ right now so I'd much rather spend it on something I can use. Like I said I wasn't really mad, just used it as an excuse to ride stupid ;) Girl seems to be going... just taking a little long to get ready to go out for lunch before I ride 1hr30min back home.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-28-2007, 02:29 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to djblacksuperman Send a message via MSN to djblacksuperman Send a message via Yahoo to djblacksuperman
damn i feel 4 ya man... good thing it was towed and not stolen... theft is my biggest fear, but i always say that if somebody wants to worse than i do, they're gonna get it... which is petty and shitty but oh well... everybody is different

post #7 of 11 Old 01-28-2007, 06:38 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

one reason i don't take my bike. if i can't see it. i don't park. The good thing is. You got your bike back.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-28-2007, 06:45 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to BigDally
....dude, that's one Sat that has WAY too much drama. Glad you got her back, and are still in one piece tellin' us this story. Stay safe bro.

D

Big Dally
post #9 of 11 Old 01-28-2007, 07:09 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to djblacksuperman Send a message via MSN to djblacksuperman Send a message via Yahoo to djblacksuperman
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracermike
one reason i don't take my bike. if i can't see it. i don't park. The good thing is. You got your bike back.

post #10 of 11 Old 01-28-2007, 09:18 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

Do I have to come back down there and slap you young man,you could have spent that money on your new paint job....nag....nag...nag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in