well nuts - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-26-2007, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
I really need to get out of the house
 
rocketracermike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 10,362
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
           
well nuts

took the fairing off to change my oil and one of those dam well nuts fell apart. I'm not going to spend an other $3.00 dollars for a lousey nut. went to ace. got a clip, new bolt and a new plastic washer. 80 cents. They didn't have metric. so, sae allen head bolt. works great and look like oem. when the rest falls apart. going to do the samething. The last time i needed one. they had to order it. a lousey well nut.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
rocketracermike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 05-26-2007, 07:07 PM
GP Rider
 
ninjafan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,752
Posting Frequency
Images: 2
  
Thats Cool I would spend 3 bucks for the nut. If I was you I would replace all the nuts
ninjafan2 is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 05-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracermike View Post
took the fairing off to change my oil and one of those dam well nuts fell apart. I'm not going to spend an other $3.00 dollars for a lousey nut. went to ace. got a clip, new bolt and a new plastic washer. 80 cents. They didn't have metric. so, sae allen head bolt. works great and look like oem. when the rest falls apart. going to do the samething. The last time i needed one. they had to order it. a lousey well nut.



you been around here so long Rocket I'm surprised you didn't know you can buy the aftermarket fairing bolt kits. Places like Cycle Gear or just about any shop will sell you colored bolt kits that come with about 5-8 Well nuts(5mm) for under 10bucks.
bluedevil is offline  
post #4 of 13 Old 05-26-2007, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
I really need to get out of the house
 
rocketracermike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 10,362
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post



you been around here so long Rocket I'm surprised you didn't know you can buy the aftermarket fairing bolt kits. Places like Cycle Gear or just about any shop will sell you colored bolt kits that come with about 5-8 Well nuts(5mm) for under 10bucks.

I was in a pinch, Blue. Getting the bike ready for a big ride in the morning. get the fairing back on or miss the ride.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
rocketracermike is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 05-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracermike View Post
I was in a pinch, Blue. Getting the bike ready for a big ride in the morning. get the fairing back on or miss the ride.

Have a fun but safe ride.
bluedevil is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 05-26-2007, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
I really need to get out of the house
 
rocketracermike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 10,362
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Have a fun but safe ride.
will do and thanks. everyone be safe out there. to me. the clip is better then the well nuts.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
rocketracermike is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 05-26-2007, 07:30 PM
WSB Rider
 
rojapar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 591
Posting Frequency
 
i have a problem with over-tightening things, and i destroyed 3 well nuts...damn, i had to pay 6 bucks each for them...where did you get them for $3?

rob

If it smells like cologne, leave it alone.
rojapar is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 05-26-2007, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
I really need to get out of the house
 
rocketracermike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 10,362
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojapar View Post
i have a problem with over-tightening things, and i destroyed 3 well nuts...damn, i had to pay 6 bucks each for them...where did you get them for $3?

rob

grand opening of a new kaw shop here in phx last year. Man, I got off cheap.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
rocketracermike is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 05-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Chickenstrip Eater
 
SUPER K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The other Oz
Posts: 4,075
Posting Frequency
           
Send a message via MSN to SUPER K
if it makes you feel any better, my local parts guy has a small bin full of em for like a buck a piece.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/josh10r/IMG_0144-1-1-1.jpg
Sent from your mom's IPhone using dirty fingers
SUPER K is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 05-26-2007, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
I really need to get out of the house
 
rocketracermike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 10,362
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER K View Post
if it makes you feel any better, my local parts guy has a small bin full of em for like a buck a piece.
now, thats cheap

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
rocketracermike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calling the gun nuts Harlequin The Out House 13 12-05-2006 06:40 PM
Ok all you Mac nuts, how about some help Kickaho The Out House 0 06-29-2006 07:57 AM
Tasty Nuts? GreenGoblin The Out House 6 05-17-2006 09:05 AM
This guy is NUTS!!! kaw808 Pictures and Videos 16 06-13-2005 10:13 PM
Am I nuts... Rhett The ZX-10R 1 04-30-2005 03:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome