well got pulled over this morning by the state's finest - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-19-2005, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to scottymizt
well got pulled over this morning by the state's finest

guess he was board or wanted to see if i was legal. I knew what he was pulling me for he didn't like my plate where it was stated that it was the wrong place for it and it must be horizontal and visable from the back.I told him it is visable from the back he said well that is a weird place to put that plate what year is this bike?I said 04 and he says man wonder why the factory put that there?I said well they have those plate things for harleys that mount the plate just like that.He says well it's wrong i said ok and was nice the whole time cuz he was kinda.He said well it's nothing you'll get ticketed from but you will get pulled over alot for it.I said ok and he let me on my way.So in the state of MI they say it must be visible from the back i don't think it states how it has to be placed or else i'm sure he would have ticketed me.Hey joecop can you chime in with the legal stuff?

04 zx10r orange best quarter time to date [email protected]
1976 280zt orange
new toy :1965 barracuda 273 commando 4sp ohhh ya baby:deathmeta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-19-2005, 09:22 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to BNninja
probably varies state to state....when I got pulled the cop said he could take pictures and ticket me and it would be up to the judge whether or not I got levied a fine.

"Bikes are like women: beat them like a whore, they can take it and you will like the moaning you hear."
post #3 of 8 Old 04-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to madav8tr
Here, the plate must be affixed to the rear most portion of the vehicle. That would make the swingarm mounting option illegal unless the swingarm was extended past the tail section. I see alot of cruisers with the tag mounted on the swingarm though and they rarely ever get bothered for it.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-19-2005, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

sure he just figured a kid on a nice orange bike something has to be wrong here and tried to get me for something.He was checking out my blinkers and everything.Just trying to warn MI guys that if your up by me in bfe that they will pull you for anything out of the ordinary.But everyone has to understand up her along with many farm areas the cops have nothing to do so they do little things to keep busy.

1976 280zt orange
post #5 of 8 Old 04-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Orange you glad I'm a whore?

Posting Frequency

breaking the law... breaking the law !!!! you're nothin but a fast orange bike ridin lawbreaker !

-J

Back from the dead.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-19-2005, 11:50 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Louks03 Send a message via MSN to Louks03 Send a message via Yahoo to Louks03
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymizt
sure he just figured a kid on a nice orange bike something has to be wrong here and tried to get me for something.He was checking out my blinkers and everything.Just trying to warn MI guys that if your up by me in bfe that they will pull you for anything out of the ordinary.But everyone has to understand up her along with many farm areas the cops have nothing to do so they do little things to keep busy.

BFE? Do you mean Bad Axe or Fillion? haaa! .. man its been a while since I was up there.. I lived in Bad Axe as a kid.

www.doodie.com
post #7 of 8 Old 04-20-2005, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

your lucky u left louks it sucks up here still thinking about moving......................

1976 280zt orange
post #8 of 8 Old 04-20-2005, 11:05 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Louks03 Send a message via MSN to Louks03 Send a message via Yahoo to Louks03
My dad still hunts up there. He says it hasn't changed much. I had to join the USAF fer 10 yrs to get away from MI for a while .. hehe

www.doodie.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in