Violence hits home for me. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 09-15-2010, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Violence hits home for me.

So this piece of shit came into my wife's hospital waving a gun and now is free on bond. My wife was the one who said "gun, gun, gun" and actually met eyes with him from inside the hospital. They're saying that her yelling scared him off and probably saved a lot of lives. Because of this my wife has lost 2 nights of sleep over it, and thought the Fedex lady at our front door had a gun and was coming to finish her off since she was a witness. She has to look over her shoulder every time she enters or leaves the hospital now. Amazing what people are let out for. I'd love to get 15 minutes alone with him with my trusty friend, Louisville Slugger.

Here's the new report on it

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Hospi...e-on-bond.html

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

People handle stress like that in so many different ways. Make sure you help her out (obviously) and if she needs to see someone, support her all the way. When we got back from OIF 1-2, I knew a few Marines that were really messed up in the head, but once they knew that help doesnt mean their "weak" or "making things up" they start to get better.

too bad the piece of shit is out now,

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #3 of 14 Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP10R View Post
People handle stress like that in so many different ways. Make sure you help her out (obviously) and if she needs to see someone, support her all the way. When we got back from OIF 1-2, I knew a few Marines that were really messed up in the head, but once they knew that help doesnt mean their "weak" or "making things up" they start to get better.

too bad the piece of shit is out now,
well said dude
post #4 of 14 Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 PM
can we ride yet!?!?!?

Posting Frequency

damn E! you didn't tell me about that when i talked to you the other day. just tell your wife to erase more of your go-pro cards from our ride!!!! that should help ease her stress alittle

but seriously, our thoughts are with you and her man!!! truely something to be concerned about.

when i was born(1976), a dude called my mom's room at the hospital saying he was gonna kill her and take me. she was able to get officer's to sit outside of her room and the nursery for the rest of our stay at the hospital.

maybe your wife could ask a security guard to walk her in and out for awhile until she feels comfortable again

oh and i'll call you tommorrow when i get off work about this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShervinRRR View Post
Now you can put your head in your ass again!!!...
post #5 of 14 Old 09-16-2010, 12:51 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to smalls23
Sorry to hear about the incident. I know what it feels like, as a police officer we get death threats daily down hear and there is alot of over the shoulder looking too. You never know who has what on their mind.

BUT what I can say is that most (not all) people are mostly talk and that once caught usually dont come after people. The power of that thought that your wife has must be broken and you need to help her and support her as she needs it. We as police officer become comfortable with the daily thoughts of an incident happening but your wife will need your support.

Please let her know that she acted: 1. Bravely 2. Quickly 3. Attentively and her actions saved lives and those traits will protect her every day. So she should not worry, but just remain attentive as she was that day.

If yall need anything let us know. Best wishes
post #6 of 14 Old 09-16-2010, 03:27 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

i'm no head shrinker, but i will say that this sounds alot like post traumatic stress disorder. i would go ahead and get her seen as soon as you can, and as she works in a hospital, it may be easier to talk to someone "off the books" in mental health. also, she should be very proud of her situational awareness. her reaction saved lives that day. period. best of luck, my prayers are with you and yours.

AWACS: America's War Against Common Sense
post #7 of 14 Old 09-16-2010, 04:12 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Im certainly not quilified to give any advice here. I do wish the best for you and your wife. What she did was a courageous thing and thats awesome.

post #8 of 14 Old 09-16-2010, 05:39 AM
Blitzkrieg

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalls23 View Post
sorry to hear about the incident. I know what it feels like, as a police officer we get death threats daily down hear and there is alot of over the shoulder looking too. You never know who has what on their mind.

But what i can say is that most (not all) people are mostly talk and that once caught usually dont come after people. The power of that thought that your wife has must be broken and you need to help her and support her as she needs it. We as police officer become comfortable with the daily thoughts of an incident happening but your wife will need your support.

please let her know that she acted: 1. Bravely 2. Quickly 3. Attentively and her actions saved lives and those traits will protect her every day. So she should not worry, but just remain attentive as she was that day.

if yall need anything let us know. Best wishes

"There is always time to think about what you want to do,
Until it comes time to start doing what you were meant to do."

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.~unknown~

"The true test of a mans character is how he treats someone, from whom he has nothing to gain"

"It's the things that people don't know about themselves on the inside, that make them afraid"
post #9 of 14 Old 09-16-2010, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the advice and support guys. Unfortunately my wife is getting her masters in counseling. And the office she works in is ALL counselors. So she thinks she knows everything about mental stuff and all but refuses to go see someone. Fortunately there were other people in her office at the time too, so they are all kind of supporting each other. Plus she's doing a lot better. Now she only thinks the dog is after her.

I know a guy who is a SGT on a local police force here. I was talking to him about it and told him I was surprised how they would let him go on bond with the nature of the crime. He told me I would be surprised the things people walk out on.

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
post #10 of 14 Old 09-16-2010, 07:17 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

She is a very brave women, Im sure she is goin thru hell right now in here mind, I hope soon she can learn to deal with it and maybe get some help cause Im sure that would help.

You are a very lucky man, she is a amazing women as Im sure lots of the people at the hospital will agree.

Silly boys ninjas are for GIRLS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in