US Army says:" PSYCHE!" - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 07-28-2006, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

US Army says:" PSYCHE!"

hey guys,

been a while since I've posted anywhere on here...the last 3 months of this tour were very busy for us, primarily the last 3 weeks between packing up/cleaning,etc.

I had made some plans with a few other 10 riders on here to get together for some rides, post-deployment, but I am very sad to say that they must be put on hold.

The basics of the story are that we just hit our 1 year mark on our deployment, and were about to turn in our room keys and move to the terminal to catch a bird to kuwait, and then back to the states on july 27th (the 2nd group of us...the first left july 21st and had been back in Alaska for a few days already). A few hours prior to clearing rooms, we were called in for a briefing and informed that we were being extended anywhere from 4 to 6 months (although the "official" press leak states only 120 days for some reason), and that we were being moved to Baghdad.

the full article is here: http://armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-1982906.php

It is definitely a blow to the high morale and motivation that my fellow soldiers and their families had, and we are all feeling it. However, the bottom line is that we are all soldiers and stand ready to follow orders and move to the fight, wherever it may be.

Personally, most of us are more concerned for the married guys and their families than anything else. It must suck even more for those guys from our unit who were already home, relaxing and rejoicing with their families once again, only to be told to pack back up and get back on the bird.

you'd think we were Marines or somethin', getting extended indefinitely like this

anywho...the purpose of all this is just an update on the goings on in Iraq.

We're ready to go, and look forward to completing the mission successfully, finally returning to the states with our heads held high

on a positive note...the percentage of dudes who can say they've spent two consecutive birthdays in Iraq is small. and I now have over $1600 worth of goodies waiting for me at home in boxes to throw on the 10 when I return. Trey, looks like we'll ride come december

oh yeah....and to the insurgents in Baghdad: You're screwed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-28-2006, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

oh yeah, and on another note:

If anyone has a spare copy of Tourist Trophy for PS2 that they're willing to sell or donate, please PM me...I have 6 more months here, I need a new game! Thanks.

nik
post #3 of 13 Old 07-28-2006, 07:24 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Kickaho
Hey. . . .you'll have a PS2 on hand while you're there? That rocks!!! Take care over there man, I'm sure there's plenty of dudes in Florida that are looking forward to riding with you (on that soon to be tricked out 10) when you get back

If you're anywhere near the Louisville Kentucky area, check out my local sportbike forum, Louisville Sportbikes!
post #4 of 13 Old 07-28-2006, 08:35 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Definately take care over there and tt will keep you occupied for a while. Its a good thing I dont have an m16 because I have been so mad at that game I would end up shooting something.
post #5 of 13 Old 07-28-2006, 09:03 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

shit I will pitch in if anyone else wants to and get you a copy of that game you my man DESERVE it ...

lotta newbies, where did all the regulars go?
post #6 of 13 Old 07-28-2006, 09:05 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Wow, very sorry to hear you're having to extend and can only imagine what that means to the married folks (have 3 girls myself).

I was in the shield/storm call-up 16 years ago and we really did little else than train and worry about our bad chemical gear... and the whole of the middle east uniting against us :o) Reality is, we saw very little action.

I really felt bad when the fighting started this go-round, mainly because I felt as though us lazy mofo's that were there 15 years before left things incomplete.

So, thank you for your dedication and despite what you hear from the NY Times and Wash Post, what you're apart of is what's right about this country.

I have nothing but respect!

Peace
Phil

Dress for the slide & not the ride

Last edited by circusnuts; 07-28-2006 at 10:05 AM.
post #7 of 13 Old 07-28-2006, 09:28 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Good luck over there. Stay safe.

Once you get back maybe we can get the Fla riders to hook up and go for a ride. Thank you for all you guys/gals do for us over there.

"Any man who says he is an AMERICAN, but something else also, isn't an AMERICAN at all.
We have room for but one flag, the AMERICAN FLAG .... We have room for but one language here, and that is the ENGLISH LANGUAGE...
And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the AMERICAN PEOPLE" TR
post #8 of 13 Old 07-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm in the marine corp and I know how bad it sucks over there. Be safe, keep your head down and come back in one piece.
post #9 of 13 Old 07-28-2006, 09:51 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10Duran
shit I will pitch in if anyone else wants to and get you a copy of that game you my man DESERVE it ...
post #10 of 13 Old 07-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

best of luck to you!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in