UFC 117, Silva vs. Sonnen **Spoiler** - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 08-08-2010, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
GEN II Driver

Posting Frequency

UFC 117, Silva vs. Sonnen **Spoiler**

one of the best fights i've ever watched to date. silva didn't do anything other than get pounded for the first 4.5 rounds then got a visit from the triangle choke fairy late in the last round. sonnen seemed to be getting a bit sloppy towards the end and thats when world champs do what world champs do and tapped his ass out. not a big silva fan but he pulled it out and remains undefeated.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-ufclive080710

MDCCLXXV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-08-2010, 07:24 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah I saw he was being patient the whole time but after the take down in the last round-I figured it was too late. I bet he'll come out more hungry next time.
post #3 of 20 Old 08-08-2010, 07:27 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Brandon
that was horseshit.

i dont know if he tapped or not, but it shouldnt have been stopped. lol

Live it before its too late.
post #4 of 20 Old 08-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Nahh, didn't need to be stopped at any point when silva was getting pounded. He was just terrible from the ground and I lost a lot of respect for him after that crap. All of the gifts that night were pretty damn good.
post #5 of 20 Old 08-08-2010, 08:26 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Silva got dominated for 4 1/2 rounds, but submitted Sonnen in the end to retain his belt. Sonnen clearly tapped. I gained a lot of respect for Sonnen. I am still a big Silva fan. The rematch will generate a lot of money for the UFC. I was also impressed with Matt Hughes.

Mark
post #6 of 20 Old 08-08-2010, 11:54 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Bottom line for me, if you are going to talk all the smack that Sonnen did before the fight, you don't tap out...

Yes he dominated for 4+rounds but the goal is to win the fight. He even admitted that in the post fight interview. There's clearly no doubt that he tapped. What it looked like to me is he tried a soft and fast tap hoping Silva would let go of the hold and the ref wouldn't notice it.

I am still a Silva fan but he needs to work on his takedown defense big time...
post #7 of 20 Old 08-08-2010, 01:25 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

It's true Silva could not control the fight from the ground and if it had gone to decision, well... But at the end of the fight Silva looked like he had gone for a quick jog and Sonenn looked like he'd had his face shoved though a plate glass window. Great fight!!

05 ZX10r "the Mongrel": GP Suspension rebuilt forks, LE Penske double shock, 05-06 ZX6rr shock linkage, Brembo RCS MC, Nissin calipers (best mod for this bike!!!), Attack rearsets, Motion Pro Revolver throttle kit, ASV clutch lever, Champs sliders, smoked Zero Grav DB, Ti caliper bolts, CF fender, Renthal grips, Speedo healer, Maviryk MDA123 batt, Supersprox +3 520, That's it..... For now

190/55>190/50
post #8 of 20 Old 08-08-2010, 04:50 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

True. Although Sonnen landed more shots and did rock Silva a few times, Silva did more physical damage from his back with some sharp elbows.
post #9 of 20 Old 08-08-2010, 06:48 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Silva had a rib injury prior to the fight. At the end when he was about to get his hand raised, you could see he was in pain.

Mark
post #10 of 20 Old 08-08-2010, 07:12 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Silva has very little scar tissue from not being hit, that is why he didnt swell. now the cuts, I understand, he did do more damage that way, but as far as the facial appearance, anyone that has watched any fight knows it means absolutely nothing. If youve been cut before, if that spot is hit again, you will bleed. the same goes from swelling. Silva has obviously not been in a lot of battles, thus the lack of bruising. I guarantee that man knows he had his ass handed to him last night, and that triangle was his last ditch effort to save face. We all know a rematch is coming instantly, lets save the criticism til then

Yoshimura TRC slip ons, PC III, Sato sliders, Zero Gravity DB screen...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in