Tyre life - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-26-2007, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Tyre life

Some top notch spoofers on this thread,or I am doing something badly wrong.

20,000 miles from a rear tyre anyone?

Anyone?

Thought not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-26-2007, 12:07 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

somebody been smoking crack

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #3 of 16 Old 05-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

Maybe they are actually running a car tire.... Back when I had a Ninja 250R, I couldn't get much more than 12k or 13k out of a set of tires....

I will say that running higher air pressure will get you better mileage. But not 20k. And not on a sport bike.

Chris

post #4 of 16 Old 05-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

liter bikes tear tires apart, and it is recommend to keep softer sticky tires on the bike not sport tourer tires due to the bikes need of traction. My stocke set lasted 2300 miles. my second set, metzler M1 have lasted 2800miles. I have 5123 miles on the bike and my third rear tire is coming. These bikes are for the big dogs. I drive to work everyday so really you think how much gas I am saving and the cost of tires, it is still cheaper than a car
post #5 of 16 Old 05-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadcat View Post
I drive to work everyday so really you think how much gas I am saving and the cost of tires, it is still cheaper than a car
So how are you saving money? Most car tires last 50K+ miles.... And cost a little over $100 each... I had new tires put on my Grand AM GT in February. The stock tires lasted nearly 53k miles. I think after tax, mounting, ballancing... etc. the bill was about $600. You will save money on gas, but not enought to off set the added tire cost. And then there is also insurance.....

I commute on my bike as much as I can. But it isn't to save money. I commute because the bike is more fun.

Chris

post #6 of 16 Old 05-26-2007, 05:25 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
liter bikes tear tires apart, and it is recommend to keep softer sticky tires on the bike not sport tourer tires due to the bikes need of traction. My stocke set lasted 2300 miles. my second set, metzler M1 have lasted 2800miles. I have 5123 miles on the bike and my third rear tire is coming. These bikes are for the big dogs. I drive to work everyday so really you think how much gas I am saving and the cost of tires, it is still cheaper than a car
How far do you drive to work and back everyday?
I rack up 50 to 60 miles a day depending on witch route i take. the stock tires lasted me about 2800 miles. Thats not enough miles for 300 buck (for me) so i put on Road Attacks and they seem to stick good for a sport tourer tire plus ill get some miles out of them. right now i have 5050 miles on my bike.

post #7 of 16 Old 05-26-2007, 06:09 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to K7ZX10RGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flank31791 View Post
How far do you drive to work and back everyday?
I rack up 50 to 60 miles a day depending on witch route i take. the stock tires lasted me about 2800 miles. Thats not enough miles for 300 buck (for me) so i put on Road Attacks and they seem to stick good for a sport tourer tire plus ill get some miles out of them. right now i have 5050 miles on my bike.
The Road Attacks get pretty good Mileage and they stick very well for a Sport Touring tire....I had a set on my Zx9R go nearly 7.5K.....and my Buddy on a Gixxer 750 do just over 8K. But there is no way i would use 'em on my ZX10.....first they don't offer the tire size and second I have way too much confidence in my BT-002's to use anything else (Besides that my bro works for B-Stone )

There is some good crack smokin goin on with the 20K

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -- Abraham Lincoln

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
post #8 of 16 Old 05-26-2007, 06:33 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

If you want mileage go Diablo Stradas. No ifs and buts! I broke 10k miles with em. I actually posted it about a year ago. But then again I seldom use the rear brakes.
post #9 of 16 Old 05-26-2007, 06:37 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
liter bikes tear tires apart, and it is recommend to keep softer sticky tires on the bike not sport tourer tires due to the bikes need of traction.
I have to disagree with that. The last 2 sets I ran on mine were sport tourers. 1 set of road attacks and 1 diablo strada. Both gripped very well to the edges of the tire. I got 6k out of the contis and sold my 10 with 4500 miles on the strada with it still looking new. I can see staying with sports if you live in the mountains but otherwise it will be sport tourers for me.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
post #10 of 16 Old 05-26-2007, 06:46 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.ga.rider View Post
I have to disagree with that. The last 2 sets I ran on mine were sport tourers. 1 set of road attacks and 1 diablo strada. Both gripped very well to the edges of the tire. I got 6k out of the contis and sold my 10 with 4500 miles on the strada with it still looking new. I can see staying with sports if you live in the mountains but otherwise it will be sport tourers for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in